Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

pizza fries (:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AMATRICIANA

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SIDS Vicious posted:

pizza fries (:

I'd let that happen

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Never seen fries shaped like that before. They were good.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
My coworker filled the work freezer with free deer meat because his brother is a hunter. First time I've ever been able to work with venison at home and it's wonderful. Reminds me a lot of lamb. Made a really nice rustic stew using one of the steaks.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

we went over to my cousins' for our first real gathering with that side of the family since well before COVID, and they ordered a shitload of barbecue. this is my second, more conscientious, plate. i ate too much. there was cobbler too. i think I'm dying.

RIP

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lt. Cock posted:

My coworker filled the work freezer with free deer meat because his brother is a hunter. First time I've ever been able to work with venison at home and it's wonderful. Reminds me a lot of lamb. Made a really nice rustic stew using one of the steaks.

That looks legit af.

Why do they call it venison anyhow

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That looks legit af.

Why do they call it venison anyhow

Why do they call cow beef or pig pork you might ask

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Ooh I actually know this one Venison means to hunt in latin and use to refer to any game meat that was hunted but then specifically became to be known as deer.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
It was my wife's birthday this week. We got hit by a massive storm this week and, being an island, and, having a government with the kind of incompetent morons who think surplus food storage is a waste of property and money, we very predictably ran out of food when the boats couldn't get in.

There were punches thrown over the last loaf of bread in Waitrose.

All that was left at the shop when I had got there was some random bits of veg and a solitary sirloin steak. Managed to pull off teriyaki beef and veg with sushi rice from that and what we had in the cupboard. Night saved.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

runchild posted:

Never seen fries shaped like that before. They were good.

That wasn’t in New Hampshire, was it? I just had lunch at a brew pub with those same plates and same fries and same flight glasses.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

That wasn’t in New Hampshire, was it? I just had lunch at a brew pub with those same plates and same fries and same flight glasses.

gently caress i miss nh. gently caress i miss thirsty moose taphouse

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

leftovers. i had to try again.

spouse's banana bread sneaking into background

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
It’s like the time we got catered Hawaiian barbecue for my wife’s 30th bday and ate nothing but that for like a week. Good luck barbecue man

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

it's all gone now, don't worry. it's much more of a gauntlet when i barbecue; I've definitely had that week many times

runchild
May 26, 2010

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

Nope, in the midwest. I looked up the owners and head chef and stuff and couldn’t find any connections out east, so I guess it’s just a wild coincidence.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Real drat NYC pizza

Not a fork in sight

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

they just ship them from a centrally located warehouse whenever a brew pub opens up, same box the aging millennials with waxed mustaches come in

runchild
May 26, 2010

In my experience the brew pub starter kit is house-made chips, with an extra charge for normal fries or tater tots. I’ve never seen whatever the hell you call these fries.

Anyways, tonight I’m eating salmon with seasoned rice and cheesy grits.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
House-made chips always seem to give me heartburn

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

runchild posted:

In my experience the brew pub starter kit is house-made chips, with an extra charge for normal fries or tater tots. I’ve never seen whatever the hell you call these fries.

Anyways, tonight I’m eating salmon with seasoned rice and cheesy grits.

i totally meant the plate and glasses. I've never eaten non euclidean potato curvatures before

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

El Pollo 8 piece dark meat, been a minute and I fuckin missed it

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong
A deductible microwaved frozen Costco hotdog with a pairing of ketchup+mustard, and a room temperature glass of water for the drink.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

no_tears posted:

A deductible microwaved frozen Costco hotdog with a pairing of ketchup+mustard, and a room temperature glass of water for the drink.

You must hella itemize your taxes

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i pulled my meatloaf pan out of the oven at too extreme an angle and it all slid out onto the rack. i saved... 95% of it but it was in pieces unsliceable

delicious, though tragic. the extra egg i added from last time made it hold together very well. without that I'd have had a million pieces scattered about the burner

oh i also hit the saucy top with a blowtorch to caramelize it a little. also there were vegetables

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Egg roll bowls. Way tastier than they deserve to be. Not photogenic tho

runchild
May 26, 2010

NACHOS

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

shredded bbq chicken, banana peppers, onions, apple

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004

shredded bbq chicken, banana peppers, onions, apple

Ok gonna question this one

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

shazbot posted:

Ok gonna question this one

it's fantastic. vinegar bbq, to be clear

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i also used some horseradish cheddar in addition to the mozzarella

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The apples are an interesting choice. I would normally associate that with a BBQ pork dish but either way it looks delicious and I’d try it.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

it's fantastic. vinegar bbq, to be clear

i also used some horseradish cheddar in addition to the mozzarella

Mods, do something

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Baby back ribs tonight, 6 hrs on the smoker

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

You guys have never had pork and apples? Like, not even pork sauce and apple sawce?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Beastie posted:

You guys have never had pork and apples? Like, not even pork sauce and apple sawce?

I used to work as a volunteer cook for a mental health charity. I didn't have much of a budget but the cost of living crisis wasn't anywhere near as bad as it is now so I could work with it. One of the favourite dishes I made was a pork casserole with rice. It was pretty simple, onions, mushrooms, pork pieces - baked in the oven for an hour and a half with a sauce made out of cream, chicken stock, wholegrain mustard and some cheap non alcoholic cooking wine. Thickened with flour and I added parsley if I had it.

My boss liked it enough that he asked for the recipe. He took it home to his partner. She had the brainwave of adding diced apples into it before putting it in the oven. He said it was a disaster.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Spirali alla Puttanesca.

I did have anchovies but I decided against using them. I diced up one of these instead and threw it in after the onions and garlic.

Didn't have any cheese to put on it, though :/

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

hoagie salad

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004

SIDS Vicious posted:

hoagie salad

Definite would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

SIDS Vicious posted:

hoagie salad

So mad there aren't croutons in any salad let alone a hoagie salad.

What's the dressing?