Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I would genuinely settle for main event to be unchanged from how it is now except it decays by like 20% instead of 100% if you don't use it so I don't feel like I have to throw knives into the tree next to me on the off chance someone is hiding there. Two to five times a chase is insanity. (6 blades base, 3 with addons, 16 blades for a down)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

curiousTerminal posted:

I would genuinely settle for main event to be unchanged from how it is now except it decays by like 20% instead of 100% if you don't use it so I don't feel like I have to throw knives into the tree next to me on the off chance someone is hiding there. Two to five times a chase is insanity. (6 blades base, 3 with addons, 16 blades for a down)

Yeah the only change Main Event needs is the ability to use it whenever you want. It's largely useless as is, but this change will make it a nightmare.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

curiousTerminal posted:

Wraith, for instance, has 3 different addons that affect cloak and uncloak speed, and movement speed while cloaked EACH, which takes up 9/20 addons, even before you factor in the meme addon and the two "clapper" addons that bring this to 11/20 addons that are either duplicated or Straight Up Intentionally Bad. vs Wesker, Xeno, or Smerchant where the green addons apply blindness, hemorrhage, mangled, and exhaustion, no meme addon at all, and a number reduction to the most frequent part of the power.

Don't you dare take away my meme build where I run Bamboozle/Brutal Strength and the 60%/40% faster action speed addons :mad:

But no really it's funny when I bing bong 90% of the way to decloaking and they predrop and then I break the pallet in like a second.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That weird addon that uncloaks you on a pallet break is really funny. So many people just stand around at pallets waiting to see what you'll do/blind you, then it's like 'Whoops'

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

That weird addon that uncloaks you on a pallet break is really funny. So many people just stand around at pallets waiting to see what you'll do/blind you, then it's like 'Whoops'

That add on combined with Spirit Fury and Hubris leads to some amazing interactions.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Oh I love me some endfury/hubris fast kick wraith memery, it's all I've been playing him for since mft came out. The yellow ones are just extraneous tho

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah the only change Main Event needs is the ability to use it whenever you want.

That would be oppressive as gently caress. It would make old camping Bubba look like nothing.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

So...

Dvveet is the DBD spoilers guy whose tweet about ST being re-enabled in dev build was linked earlier, and they have a pretty good track record....

https://twitter.com/dvveet/status/1720513771779846191

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah the main guess right now is the one monster everyone talks about out is the killer, and they give Steve and Nancy legendary skins to add additional ST characters as survivors.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
I'd pay $10 for a Scoops Ahoy skin for my Demogorgon.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Lonjon posted:

I'd pay $10 for a Scoops Ahoy skin for my Demogorgon.

I don't even play demo and I'd still buy it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Umbreon posted:

I don't even play demo and I'd still buy it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

:perfect:

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I can't get 3 great skill checks in a match for the tome. Everyone is running self-heal or just has a med-kit and won't let me heal them. When I do get to heal the skill checks just don't appear and I'm running out of add-ons that make them more likely fuuuuuck.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If I could ask for any outfit regardless of license, it would be Scoops Ahoy Myers

second would be slutty booty shorts wesker

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Tom Cruise Volleyball Wesker

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So the current theory is the killer tomorrow is going to be a new stranger things license?

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

Sokani posted:

I can't get 3 great skill checks in a match for the tome. Everyone is running self-heal or just has a med-kit and won't let me heal them. When I do get to heal the skill checks just don't appear and I'm running out of add-ons that make them more likely fuuuuuck.

Empathic Connection helps bring other Survivors to you for healing. Self Care can help, since it lets you try for great checks on yourself. Also, Bite The Bullet can help you feel more confident about going for the great skill checks.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Lonjon posted:

Empathic Connection helps bring other Survivors to you for healing. Self Care can help, since it lets you try for great checks on yourself. Also, Bite The Bullet can help you feel more confident about going for the great skill checks.

Naturally I got it in the next match after complaining. Killer was legion so I just kept filling up my med-kit in the void and healing myself.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Lonjon posted:

Bite the bullet and self-care/a medkit is also fantastic for galaxy brain plays on trying to lose the killer mid chase.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I recognize OP already got it but for anyone else, Stake Out is great for brute forcing Great checks on anything.

I was struggling to get people to heal for a different challenge and getting unhooks is great for it because people so often squat in front of the hook, so Kindred. A really good complement is We'll Make It if you're just doing an archive for heals rather than skill checks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1721241000733999226?s=20

Lol that trade in value

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I would take even 50 BP for each event-only bloodweb item

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

tithin posted:

So the current theory is the killer tomorrow is going to be a new stranger things license?
Tomorrow is a big Stranger Things event from Netflix, and the PTB goes live Wednesday. Given the complete lack of teasers it’s likely they are on an NDA until tomorrow. And they can’t just announce the announcement as that would be a dead giveaway if they tell us the new killer is being revealed the same day as Stranger Things event.

There were two saw tweets last week or three week prior, but nobody saw anything new in them so might just be brand engagement posts given the lack of Pig nerfs changes on the PTB.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Literally the only Pig change I want is the ability to make her pallet stun sound at will.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I picked up Pig and Myers during the sale. I held off before since they are considered weaker.

Holy poo poo Myers is fun. I don't care if he isn't strong there's nothing more satisfying than creeping around all game and then WHAM someone you haven't touched before is DEAD get bent. Had a satisfying moment where I had 3 stacks of Play With Your Food and Machine Learning popped and I zoomed after a survivor from downtown and caught them before they made the pallet.
:discourse:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sokani posted:

I picked up Pig and Myers during the sale. I held off before since they are considered weaker.

Holy poo poo Myers is fun. I don't care if he isn't strong there's nothing more satisfying than creeping around all game and then WHAM someone you haven't touched before is DEAD get bent. Had a satisfying moment where I had 3 stacks of Play With Your Food and Machine Learning popped and I zoomed after a survivor from downtown and caught them before they made the pallet.
:discourse:

If you have Executioner, Trail of Torment is one of my favorite Myers perks. I've had matches where I'm Undetectable forever because people didn't touch the generator. T3 Myers in stealth coming around the corner is a moment of fear

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

My meanest Myers build is Plaything, Retri, Penti, Thrill, with the green faster stalking addon and either infinite or 90 second tier 3 addon.
You are lethal at all times, they can't hear you coming, if they try to hear you coming you get mapwide aura reading on all of them and free slowdown.
It's genuinely so loving funny to round the corner on someone who thinks they're soooooooo hidden and smack them in the face with a pipe, downing them instantly.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

That's all good advice, except it should be a screwdriver.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

rydiafan posted:

That's all good advice, except it should be a pipe.

Edit: re-fixed

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

No teaser or announcement, but hotfix today unfucking female vaults.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

No teaser or announcement, but hotfix today unfucking female vaults.

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1721622263542223352?s=20

They're either trolling or ST is back.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1721626149220982916?s=20

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

But no details on a new killer in there. I assume Chapter 30 isn't just "Demo is back" so I guess the new killer might still be unrelated?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lager posted:

But no details on a new killer in there. I assume Chapter 30 isn't just "Demo is back" so I guess the new killer might still be unrelated?

The vegas odds right now are high on it being Predator. It's a licensed killer with no survivor, that's all we really know.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Medullah posted:

The vegas odds right now are high on it being Predator. It's a licensed killer with no survivor, that's all we really know.

I'm still holding out hope for Candyman, but I did see in the FAQ attached to the tweet that this does not replace any other upcoming content, so I assume that means we'll still get a new killer with Chapter 30 coming up here, yeah.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Beautiful. You love to see it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently Xeno can't play on Hawkins. If you try, you get sent to a random map instead. And Sadako doesn't have any TVs in the upstairs area.

It's just such an own goal. You're bringing back the hot license and map everyone's been begging to get back for two years, but you don't update it to work with new killers? Yeah they'll probably do it eventually, but dudes come on.

E: and Wesker's hitbox is so wide that in the places where you can hook people in the narrow corridors, he can't physically move past the hooks anymore after hooking and has to go the long way around.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So maybe they had a weird agreement to not announce the new killer until after the ST announcement so as to not steal Netflix’s thunder?

Seems like the kind of petty thing Netflix would demand.