Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Aye Doc posted:

exactly, the pelicans understood the assignment, idk why nobody else did

pelicans knew. have them host at the superdome.

warriors mandated to host at the oracle, spurs mandated to host at the alamodome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

It will be so funny with the Knicks or Wizards trade the pick that becomes the next Kawhi or Jimmy Butler for the privilege of getting swept in an obliteration not seen since the Dream Team.

Yessss!!!!!! Everyone here is a basketball chaos disciple and you don’t get chaos unless you stir more random poo poo into the pot

Imagine Phoenix trading a 2033 first round unprotected pick for a playin chip because Durant and Beal started the season hurt only to get wiped out by the Houston Rockets on a last second Brooks 3

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

WhyteRyce posted:

Teams should make the most gauche, ugly jerseys and court they can for the tournament because history shows that people eat that poo poo up

Yes, I have a neon lime green Atlanta jersey why do you ask

In retrospect it's even weirder that this year's City Edition jerseys are plagued by a rash of zero-effort grey designs when teams knew they'd be paired with these insane nightmare courts. If you can't have good design you can at least go for the Most design

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
The team that wins should get to host the (in season) final next year. Make the owners incentivize the players.

temple fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 5, 2023

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Sam presti is going to figure out a way to hoard the whole league's tradeable playoff tickets

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The playin tournament results should generate tokens/tickets that can be redeemed for playoff spots, playin berths, second rounders like an arcade prize redemption stand

50k tickets is a number one pick in the draft. Presti going to hoard tickets like the kid trying to earn that PS5

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1720968718799261760

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

WhyteRyce posted:

The playin tournament results should generate tokens/tickets that can be redeemed for playoff spots, playin berths, second rounders like an arcade prize redemption stand

50k tickets is a number one pick in the draft. Presti going to hoard tickets like the kid trying to earn that PS5

Can you make it a Gotcha

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
All in-season tournament games should be played under the open sky. Weather be damned.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Aye Doc posted:

because all of those people hated it the minute it was announced and then spent 3 months preparing to hate it once it actually launched

I literally don’t think about it at all unless I’m reading about it in this thread :shrug:

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Skrill.exe posted:

All in-season tournament games should be played under the open sky. Weather be damned.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Every time I see this name, I read it the first time as Shannon Sharpe and then have to go back and reread it.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
The winning team should get to name the trophy every year too

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Let the players stake money on their own teams to increase the overall pot

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Papercut posted:

Let the players stake money on their own teams to increase the overall pot

I think it was on one of Defector's podcasts this week someone suggested all the players have to pay into the pot for the prize pool which would make it larger and let folks run on "I'm gonna win that rear end in a top hat's money" energy.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/YoloFlame/status/1720995361949434074

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://twitter.com/SeanGrandePBP/status/1720968127221997780

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Give Luka a few months

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Who in the gently caress is letting kelly oubre have 25 points in the year 2023

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Tae posted:

Who in the gently caress is letting kelly oubre have 25 points in the year 2023

He's always been good at scoring a lot of points. Total trash at every other part of basketball though.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Saw that Boston played Brooklyn tonight, and they're both in the same group in the In-Season Tournament. Feel like teams in the same group shouldn't play each other outside of the tournament while the tournament is going on. "No, today's game against the Nets doesn't count, but the one in six days does"...that's nonsense to me

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
That’s just looking for a reason to be mad about the tournament.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Sorry that I believe in the sanctity of East Group C matchups and want them to be as special as possible....

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Are all group games going to be in the same day like that? I didn't realize that was the plan until Friday. I hope so as that was cool.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
The tournament games were fun. Why does anyone care what the package wrapped around fun basketball looks like. People are watching it, it becomes more popular, everyone wins.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lockback posted:

Are all group games going to be in the same day like that? I didn't realize that was the plan until Friday. I hope so as that was cool.

Yeah it's every Tuesday/Friday

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I want to take this moment to congratulate Derrick White on the birth of his 2nd child. This was also an unexcused absense at tonights game and will result in disciplinary action.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

i am a moron posted:

I literally don’t think about it at all unless I’m reading about it in this thread :shrug:

Your posting says otherwise.

Always fun to see the Wolves take care of business against the teams they're supposed to. Ant almost dunked Olynyk back to Boston in I think the second quarter but he hit the front of the rim, alas.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

this Warriors season is feeling very 2022

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

I'm the piece of visqueen haphazardly taped to the concrete wall

but I'd also like to be that gross little paunch

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Paperback Writer posted:

this Warriors season is feeling very 2022

Dario Šarić: unlocked!

I enjoy watching this team play.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

IcePhoenix posted:

Your posting says otherwise.

Have I made a post about how I’m thinking about the tournament constantly :thunk: what does this even mean?

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

please dont put in the newspaper that i was thinking about the midseason tournament

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

never accuse me of thinking about the midseason tournament again

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

big boi posted:

please dont put in the newspaper that i was thinking about the midseason tournament

Declan MacManus posted:

never accuse me of thinking about the midseason tournament again

:hmmyes:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I want to take this moment to congratulate Derrick White on the birth of his 2nd child. This was also an unexcused absense at tonights game and will result in disciplinary action.

yeah he should be fined $1m

did you realize he’s only missed 2 games as a celtic and both of them are for the birth of his children

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

derrick white is an incredible basketball player. i love him

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If he was so incredible he wouldn't impregnate his wife 9 months away from the NBA season.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

tanglewood1420 posted:

He's always been good at scoring a lot of points. Total trash at every other part of basketball though.

Based on this season only, i couldn't disagree more. I've never been more pleasantly surprised by a Sixers free agent signing than I have been with Oubre. I knew his reputation and expected the worst, but he's been absolutely balling out on both ends of the floor this season. Maybe getting no real offers this year was an eye opener for him and he actually wants a contract next offseason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I think that's just where you are in the fools gold curve of Kelly Oubre. I hope it works out this time because he's got all the skills.