Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
absolutely outrageous that i can ask rose if she's been the one leaving the lunchboxes, but i can't bring up her fanfic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

site posted:

absolutely outrageous that i can ask rose if she's been the one leaving the lunchboxes, but i can't bring up her fanfic

Her lunchbox note said not to read them, and asking her would be admitting you ignored that request.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
and?

she's left em in like 5 different boxes, there's no way i can't not read em at that point

site fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 5, 2023

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
If you read that many what questions do you really have left to ask about the subject matter?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You're asking a lot of questions about Rose's self-insert fanfiction that are answered by Rose's self-insert fanfiction

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Caidin posted:

If you read that many what questions do you really have left to ask about the subject matter?

I mean, saga could rib her a little about it and suggest or ask about what Rose is planning for next and how she's looking forward to it. Have some imagination

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Beat Saga's third boss. Lost a coffee mug in the process :( also made me sad given (boss spoilers it's Cynthia from the first game and I liked that obvious log lady pastiche character. Cynthia didn't seem to live much of a happy life

I also just "cheated" a stash I couldn't figure out, but without looking up the answer (bright falls pier stash, you need the bolt cutters first )it's the one where you need to read numbers on wooden fishing posts. I couldn't find the third one, but I had the first two, so I just tried every number on the first pretty happy I finally got another row of inventory space

BOAT SHOWBOAT fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 5, 2023

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Think I'm hard stuck in the ending section because I keep falling through the floor in a hallway that serves as a loading zone and having to go back to the previous save. Happened three times in a row despite having the game installed on an SSD, might just watch the last bit on Youtube at this point. Game has been mostly bug free up to this point, unfortunate to run into a wall in what I'm guessing is the last 30 minutes or so.

e: That did it. Waited at the start of the hallway for a full minute before trying to go down the stairs and made it through.
vvv

NoEyedSquareGuy fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Nov 5, 2023

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I had two places where I fell through the world, both being instances where I opened a door and stepped through and fell into the void. Turned out just waiting a couple seconds after opening the door fixed both instances for me.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I'm still sort of reeling from that Poe song

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

I'm nearing the end of Saga's story I think --
Will I pass the point of no return if Italk to the FBC at the sheriff station? I still have some Alan content left, I've just finished the hotel level with him.

Is there any point where you just straight up get a map that tells you where remaining lunchboxes/stashes/rhymes are? I know you find maps around that show some of them, and I have the Mayor Setter badge, but is it just a matter of manually running around with that badge/looking up a guide to find any remaining ones?

I love this game, but I have a terrible combination of both having a tendency towards completionism to find all the objects but also not actually enjoying the process of completionism, unless it's a game with very fast movement or ultra convenient fast travel like some superhero games

Also, I was a little disappointed with the outcome of finding ten deer heads. I was hoping for something like an additional inventory row, marking all remaining collectibles, or maybe more charm slots. Just opening a room full of resources when I'm already full of resources with plenty in my shoebox, is pretty underwhelming

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

mutantIke posted:

I'm still sort of reeling from that Poe song

Especially in line with the ending, this has embedded itself in my head and won't leave.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Will I pass the point of no return if Italk to the FBC at the sheriff station?

They'll warn you when you're passing the point of no return.

quote:

Is there any point where you just straight up get a map that tells you where remaining lunchboxes/stashes/rhymes are?

Not that I found, you just run around to find them or use an online guide.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

If you meet the mayor you get a trinket from him that marks stuff near you on the map. You still have to run around but it helps.

E: didn’t finish your post :v:

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

There is a map for all the cult caches but so far I haven't found any for the lunchboxes or the Rhymes beyond the list of which areas the Rhymes are in. The cache map is technically optional but obvious and on the critical path, much like the shotgun.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

I got it but I don't think it has every single one does it? I have a handful left to find. Idk, I'll double check my map again

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

It says it's a map of all when you pick it up, but I must admit I didn't double check, especially since I already picked up a bunch of them before that.

edit: looking up my oldest save, it marks all the ones I hadn't picked up yet, so it seems to actually be a complete map, but also the map has some issues like the tooltips being Door_Item_Boltcutter etc. so it might just have bugged out for you.

Hel fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Nov 5, 2023

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Beat the game and my biggest issue with the ending is that Tor and Odin go into The Dark Place for Saga and then never show up again.

Also there wasn’t any sort of resolution to anything with Door. He gave that speech to Alan and just never showed up again

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Nov 5, 2023

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Ethiser posted:

Beat the game and my biggest issue with the ending is that Tor and Odin go into The Dark Place for Saga and then never show up again.

Also there wasn’t any sort of resolution to anything with Door. He gave that speech to Alan and just never showed up again

Yeah, that was disappointing, but I'm hoping it's solved in the DLC especially since Saga is still in the Dark Place/Mind Place/Writers room at the end of the game

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Ethiser posted:

Technically I suppose they do - specifically they clearly showed up earlier, right? But I agree that it wasn't resolved.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

site posted:

You're not supposed to talk about that in public. You're supposed to talk about that in toxic discord servers.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ethiser posted:

I think the former is definitely a DLC hook though I hope it turns out a better DLC than the last DLC involving a side character in a Remedy game disappearing to do a job during the story

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The biggest sin in this game is that you cannot interact with the Singing Bubba Bass in the trailer park after the flood

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The biggest sin in this game is that you cannot interact with the Singing Bubba Bass in the trailer park after the flood

No, this was the games greatest mercy.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Finally beat it and excited to see what happens next.

This game looked amazing on my lovely monitor especially during the nighttime chapters. I don't think I would be able to handle a full-on horror game from Remedy lol.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

poe meater posted:

Finally beat it and excited to see what happens next.

This game looked amazing on my lovely monitor especially during the nighttime chapters. I don't think I would be able to handle a full-on horror game from Remedy lol.

The game definitely had me doing double takes at random shadows that my flashlight would cast, but I'm also a massive coward with scary stuff

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

poe meater posted:

I don't think I would be able to handle a full-on horror game from Remedy lol.

Dang, how would you describe this?

I'm powering through the jump scares because Same Lake is an insane genius. This is the most interesting story I've ever played in a video game, if not the "best".

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Dang, how would you describe this?

I'm powering through the jump scares because Same Lake is an insane genius. This is the most interesting story I've ever played in a video game, if not the "best".

I don't know, I generally don't like to play horror games lol. I can deal with it though, if I can have a gun and shoot it.

Alan Wake 2 is not too bad for me because you get a lot of sound cues/music if enemies are near by. They'll start babbling nonsense or whatever.

I'll still jump in my chair if they lunge at me though.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Ran into some scuff on PC very early on. After looking at the initial crime scene and then following a trail to the dead end, I found two clues at the dead end, one of which is a piece of paper. After wandering around a while and looking the intro up on YouTube, that paper was supposed to trigger a cutscene that it never did, and I never got to insert it into the case board. Around the time, I don’t remember the exact sequence of events, I pushed the wrong button at the profiling table, and it took me to a sort of white void where some of the mugs and stuff decorating it were still there.

I exited to the main menu and reloaded, and found that the last auto save was at the body, and decided to call it a night.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So where is it explicitly said that Door is Saga’s dad? I suspected as much after he chided Wake for hurting someone close to him, but according to the Wiki he definitely is. But it doesn’t have a reference to where this information is.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Ethiser posted:

First point I thought they'd play on the radio to knock some sense into Saga, second point is that I think Door is Saga's father.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

How close am I to the end if I’ve done all the available Alan chapters and Saga has a point of no return message

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

man nurse posted:

How close am I to the end if I’ve done all the available Alan chapters and Saga has a point of no return message

maybe 2 hours to go, tops

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Casimir Radon posted:

So where is it explicitly said that Door is Saga’s dad? I suspected as much after he chided Wake for hurting someone close to him, but according to the Wiki he definitely is. But it doesn’t have a reference to where this information is.

at the very end of the game Saga is trying to navigate the Dark Place and learns how to do so from profiling Door where he says that members of his family have always been able to come and go in the Dark Place as they please

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Probably spoiler worthy, but I'm just curious how many chapters Alan and Saga have each, so I can have a better sense of where I am through the game. I've managed to avoid looking ahead in walkthroughs so I don't see the chapter titles, I'm just curious about the number.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Probably spoiler worthy, but I'm just curious how many chapters Alan and Saga have each, so I can have a better sense of where I am through the game. I've managed to avoid looking ahead in walkthroughs so I don't see the chapter titles, I'm just curious about the number.

the number isn't too helpful because some of the chapters, especially in Alan's segment, are basically just cutscenes

i think the best way to look at it is that both Alan and Saga have three "major" chapters, which is followed by the point-of-no-return/endgame

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Ethiser posted:

The game ends on cliffhanger, nothing is resolved apart from how Wake and Scratch operated. The ending was incredibly weak, I know there is DLC coming and future games, but ending it like it did means the game doesn't stand on its own and it frustrated me that we had no answer other than "Wait there's more!".

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

Hel posted:

It says it's a map of all when you pick it up, but I must admit I didn't double check, especially since I already picked up a bunch of them before that.

edit: looking up my oldest save, it marks all the ones I hadn't picked up yet, so it seems to actually be a complete map, but also the map has some issues like the tooltips being Door_Item_Boltcutter etc. so it might just have bugged out for you.

I looked it up - the single cache I have left is apparently one in the basement of the sheriff's station which I guess I'll have a chance to find in the moment.

Other than that, is it fair to say that if I've beaten Saga's third boss and have the bolt cutters and the Setter charm, any remaining lunchboxes and rhymes would be accessible, and now is a good time to mop them up? Or are there still a few gated off?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the number isn't too helpful because some of the chapters, especially in Alan's segment, are basically just cutscenes

i think the best way to look at it is that both Alan and Saga have three "major" chapters, which is followed by the point-of-no-return/endgame

Fair enough, thanks :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

I looked it up - the single cache I have left is apparently one in the basement of the sheriff's station which I guess I'll have a chance to find in the moment.

Other than that, is it fair to say that if I've beaten Saga's third boss and have the bolt cutters and the Setter charm, any remaining lunchboxes and rhymes would be accessible, and now is a good time to mop them up? Or are there still a few gated off?

This is a very good time to mop them up because when you start the next chapter, it becomes night, and makes it more annoying to look for collectables