Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Professor Shark posted:

Reversal of Shittier!

Superstore brought back their Old Fashioned doughnuts (now as Mini Doughnuts) as well as a few others. While “Donut Time” brand is still available next to them, I’m hoping enough people didn’t buy them that they just go back to using the instore bakeries.

I understand all these words individually but the concept of Superstore not getting a little bit worse every single day is completely foreign to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Isentropy posted:

No when you’re sending a piece of code or something you need to just put in a text box, what’s important is that the timestamp and sender comes with it too

This won’t lead to you having a million notepads open just so you can remove the extra crap

In 1993, Notepad was a word processor. In 2023, it's a text sanitizer.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

redshirt posted:

Feels like there would be a market for "dumb" technologies. Dumb TVs, dumb cars, dumb toasters that just toast and don't need WiFi.

Great idea! Now just pitch your idea to a venture capita- oh wait I think I found your first problem.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Time_pants posted:

Great idea! Now just pitch your idea to a venture capita- oh wait I think I found your first problem.

Seriously. The enshitification is what makes the number go up.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

redshirt posted:

If I was designing the body, I'd upgrade the knees and back.

Can we add teeth? I need several pricey implants due to my teeth not lasting that long.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Failson posted:

That reminds me. Microsoft upgraded Notepad with tabs.

... It crashed on me for the first time ever. NOTEPAD! CRASHED!

This is it. This is the canary in the coal mine.

It's all poo poo from here on out, my friends.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I know it's been posted before, but Jesus Christ what happened to the Internet?

Four ads on the same page for the page I was already on. Oh yeah, we'll throw in a completely unrelated video that auto plays too. I didn't make it far enough down the page to even find out where that fuckin bridge is either, gently caress you!

e: VVV I'm at work and clicked on that clickbait story forgetting that I was in Edge because I had to connect to a camera that uses an active-x plugin that only works in IE which has been wiped from existence so we have to use Edge in IE mode and add the camera address back into compatibility mode every 30 days, speaking of poo poo getting shittier.

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 5, 2023

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i like how the recent youtube adblocker event has has the subtext that goons and other users were browsing the non youtube parts of the internet without an adblocker.
just absolute maddness(unless of course its not your own hardware)

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

GolfHole posted:

It's also possible that frozen pizzas were so universally contaminated that the acceptable threshold of profit/risk took a few decades to reach criticality and impact operation. If we're there now, frozen pizzas simply injured or sickened too many people that a firm precedent was set and the risk is too great. As a result everyone had to switch to fully-preserved ingredients and the end product is garbage trash.

Holy poo poo have you ever tried shopping that around for a book deal?

e: seriously no joking that's a great premise

e2: ...that's not referencing a real event I lack any sort of knowledge of, is it?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I got a ad for the conspiracy newspaper the Epoch times when I opened up youtube on my work computer. They'll just let anybody advertise the internet, isn't that great?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Outpost22 posted:

I got a ad for the conspiracy newspaper the Epoch times when I opened up youtube on my work computer. They'll just let anybody advertise the internet, isn't that great?

Damnit this explains where my dad is getting his info in Florida after Rush Limbaugh died! It’s hiding right in plain sight!!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Dip Viscous posted:

yeah this is actually a contender for most despairing

Try not to think about how much it says to the deteriorating state of everything that you can probably easily draw an age range where that stops being a shocking statement.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I miss things having dates at the very least and sometimes even time instead "a month a go" "an hour a go".

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 5, 2023

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

rafikki posted:

Yeah, I hate how the whole office suite, including outlook, ignores this shortcut.

Alt + Shift + V works.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

I know this has always been lovely, but I went through a period where I hit the "hide" button every time I logged into Facebook for like a week, and then finally, one day, I stopped getting ads for this garbage. Then a week or two ago, I accidentally loving watched one and now it's back to this. Every time I log in, hide, see fewer posts. Hide, see fewer posts. It's been at least ten days, and I'm not seeing any fewer pushes for me to engage with this.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Somehow my mobile number has become hot property with political spam.

I cannot think of anything I did in that time frame to trigger this, but it's gone from zero to 3-5 texts a day BEGGING for donations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

What does dropship mean

https://i.imgur.io/TmBSIqU.mp4

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

I understand all these words individually but the concept of Superstore not getting a little bit worse every single day is completely foreign to me.

Yeah I know it was really strange to see it and the weird feeling of happiness in the grocery store felt like a lost memory resurfacing

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Duck and Cover posted:

I miss things having dates at the very least and sometimes even time instead "a month a go" "an hour a go".

Scrolling halfway up my messages to figure out if the conversation was yesterday or three weeks ago

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

credburn posted:

I know this has always been lovely, but I went through a period where I hit the "hide" button every time I logged into Facebook for like a week, and then finally, one day, I stopped getting ads for this garbage. Then a week or two ago, I accidentally loving watched one and now it's back to this. Every time I log in, hide, see fewer posts. Hide, see fewer posts. It's been at least ten days, and I'm not seeing any fewer pushes for me to engage with this.

https://www.fbpurity.com/ :tipshat:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

euphronius posted:

What does dropship mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2oGsICiIaw

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"Around the survivors a perimeter create!"

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
On you apes come, forever you wanna live? Yes, hrrrm.

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
I watched Groundhog Day earlier in the year along with a few YouTube videos about it. Now I keep getting recommendations for Groundhog Day analysis videos in my feed, some of which I think I've already watched. Does YouTube think I've embarked on a lifelong interest in this topic?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Professor Shark posted:

Reversal of Shittier!

Superstore brought back their Old Fashioned doughnuts (now as Mini Doughnuts) as well as a few others. While “Donut Time” brand is still available next to them, I’m hoping enough people didn’t buy them that they just go back to using the instore bakeries.

Great, now this thread is going down the toilet. Read the title!

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Triikan posted:

On you apes come, forever you wanna live? Yes, hrrrm.

An ugly planet it is, a bug planet.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Just saw a case of this in the store. wtf is going on?

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

wash bucket posted:

Dogshit seltzer from some bro podcast, totally unsurprising. I tried their death row records grape seltzer (b/c I like grape soda and lining suge knight's pockets) and it was maybe the worst grape soda flavor I've ever tried. When I googled the brand name it all made sense.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Check the bottom of the can to see if you won a free nft

110523_2
Nov 5, 2023
genuinely surprised this thread is only 121 pages long

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

110523_2 posted:

genuinely surprised this thread is only 121 pages long

This guy keeps getting shittier

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

shazbot posted:

This guy keeps getting shittier

Classic enshitification of the 110523 line imo

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Outpost22 posted:

I got a paid ad for The Epoch Times on Tumblr once. Tumblr!

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

those loving Epoch Times ads are why I'm using Newpipe for my video viewing needs nowadays

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

wash bucket posted:

Why does the monkey have a bunch of tiny bones around its neck? Is that for... ritual stuff?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Re: lovely undershirts

I will say that Target's newer line of Goodfellow undershirts are very good. Black or white, v neck or crew. The t shirts feel higher quality, thicker. They fit great and actually became my regular everyday t-shirts because they're comfy, not cheap looking, and I somehow look good in them. I bought a few extra packs and stored them away. They're probably the best "undershirt" t shirts I ever owned. Big fan of these

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

ProperCauldron posted:

I will say that Target's newer line of Goodfellow undershirts are very good. Black or white, v neck or crew. The t shirts feel higher quality, thicker. They fit great and actually became my regular everyday t-shirts because they're comfy, not cheap looking, and I somehow look good in them. I bought a few extra packs and stored them away. They're probably the best "undershirt" t shirts I ever owned. Big fan of these

This is good to know. I recently bought some packs of basic Hanes white undershirts and they are noticeably thinner and rougher feeling than the same ones I’ve bought in the past.

Same goes for the Hanes “Vent” socks I’ve been buying for years.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Non-tech related complaint, boxer briefs:

Uniqlo: 1 year ago I purchased a few pairs. Not even 12 months later they are visibly see-through on the rear end. I still have multiple Uniqlo pairs bought well before covid in rotation that are still solid except the waist elastic is starting to show age.

As I was newly single guy at the time I also purchased a few “premium” Calida boxer briefs for social occasions. Elastic on the waistbands started going that wrinkly way within a year.

Getting screwed on quality at multiple price points.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

ProperCauldron posted:

100% and they're all I buy for undershirts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Infinite scroll sucks. Ecommerce sites that don't have a show all. Ecommerce sites that show every single color of something as separate entries.

edit: In theory I think designing a website for phone use and giving that website to phone users is a fine idea, in practice holy poo poo it's like a competition in sucking. Not a fan of websites that has tons of empty space because you couldn't be assed to have more than one so you just designed one for the phone and said good enough. The websites that do that will also probably "helpfully" tell me about how rad their app is.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 6, 2023