Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
does anyone play sorc on gamepad and have any tips for how to use teleport? bc im back on mouse and keyboard on my sorc and im not happy about it but otherwise teleport seems useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

flashman posted:

I refuse to believe that they can't whip up chat channels for all this poo poo for the next patch just give level range chats, an lfg, etc. It will be good enough until they make some bloated creation for the console losers

See previous mention of how difficult it was to add more stash tabs for an example of how difficult a "simple" thing is in the morass of hack-riddled code. Adding some sort of global chat adds a moderation requirement, but also whether it's 2004 WoW text lfg or 2013 WoW group finder there's a bunch of basic issues to solve. Not the least of which being it's 2023 and the super gregarious people who want to treat a game like it's IRC with a pretty background are in the minority.

That aside, though, it seems like the modern solution is generally "go join a Discord" and for better or worse devs just let it roll.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

does anyone play sorc on gamepad and have any tips for how to use teleport? bc im back on mouse and keyboard on my sorc and im not happy about it but otherwise teleport seems useless

It’s not as good as kb/m and there’s no way around that I don’t think. You get a feel for targeting mobs eventually though. I don’t feel that it’s useless.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i thought it would be fine bc it seems great to teleport into a mob and frost nova/chain lightning but i whiff a lot and im garbage at kbm targeting for everything else so i might keep trying. is there an option to highlight the currently targeted mob? that would probably help me a lot

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Nope. It’s a straight up downgrade. It’s still just about necessary, and playing sitting in my recliner makes it worth it.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Close Damage Reduction and DR while Fortify can have pretty big rolls on Affixes. Also they naturally get a decent amount of Armor just from STR being the mainstat.

afaict everyone can/should be getting to 13.3K armor and max (70) resists on all classes. i do know that DR while injured is still ludicrously busted for the spots it can roll in. something like 39% DR on 2 or 3 slots is so stupid for preventing surprise deaths, but that’s everyone too. idk what barb is specifically other than maybe grandfather + doombringer or something?

Kaddish posted:

Nope. It’s a straight up downgrade. It’s still just about necessary, and playing sitting in my recliner makes it worth it.

i had it on my bar on my CL sorc last season but i only ever used it for moving between packs. didn’t use raiment. i don’t think it’s worth trying to target mobs with it on controller at all, it’s rear end just like trample unless it magically targets something offscreen and actually teleports you the full distance

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I’m sure it’s better with a mouse but I’m rolling through 85 NMDs no problem with teleport enchant ball sorc on controller. With raiment and tibaults I want to be warping into the middle of things constantly and it’s fine.

Gonna try a 90 nmd tomorrow, it’ll probably be fine if I get decent effects on it. Right now I just run whatever I’m looting.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Barb has a natural 10% DR they start off with, and can get a lot of DR from Paragons and a few talent choices so that might be it as well.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Tarnop posted:

It's not intuitive at all, so I understand the feeling that it should all just scale. I just happen to watch way too much D4 youtube and my brain likes to remember things like this instead of anything useful

god that's relatable

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Mailer posted:

See previous mention of how difficult it was to add more stash tabs for an example of how difficult a "simple" thing is in the morass of hack-riddled code. Adding some sort of global chat adds a moderation requirement, but also whether it's 2004 WoW text lfg or 2013 WoW group finder there's a bunch of basic issues to solve. Not the least of which being it's 2023 and the super gregarious people who want to treat a game like it's IRC with a pretty background are in the minority.

That aside, though, it seems like the modern solution is generally "go join a Discord" and for better or worse devs just let it roll.

There's already a chat box though lol.. Just add lfg channels and channels based on your level range or w.e

A 25 year old game where you type act1start as the game name for people to join has better social features

flashman fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 5, 2023

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I tele u Baal 13

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
why does the Zir on the loading screen look like original run Zedd from power rangers?

also i think all the dungeons they send you to for the S2 main quest are dungeons that were already vampire themed

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 5, 2023

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
also does TB ever start feeling better on controller? flurry + rapid fire was real good in preseason and is only better i imagine. ~50 TB still kinda stinks. TB + imbue doesnt kill stuff

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Tarnop posted:

That's sort of what this is:

The Division 2's version of the Codex upgrades each aspect to the best version that you've extracted, so no need to keep multiple copies of each aspect in your stash

oh poo poo thats actually great. This season I played 1 character and had 3 full stashes of aspects. Maybe with that change in playing an alt isn't unthinkable.

Wish we didn't have to wait till S4 though

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

ninjahedgehog posted:

There are leaks going around that the new class is "Spiritborn, who will wield a glaive as their primary weapon and draw their powers from the elements of nature." Which is incredibly lame if true

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

How does grandfather interact with the new additive crit strike pool

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

harrygomm posted:

also does TB ever start feeling better on controller? flurry + rapid fire was real good in preseason and is only better i imagine. ~50 TB still kinda stinks. TB + imbue doesnt kill stuff

1-92 running TB on controller. If you're trying to precision dash then obviously that's a limitation, and it sucks on the vampiretide challenge totems, but mostly it hasn't been an issue. The biggest problem I have with controller is loot is bound to X which is also bound to an attack which is also bound to interacting with things and blizzard somehow managed to program the opposite of desired functionality in all cases.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Mailer posted:

The biggest problem I have with controller is loot is bound to X which is also bound to an attack which is also bound to interacting with things and blizzard somehow managed to program the opposite of desired functionality in all cases.

I'm pretty sure you can change this in the accessibility settings. I remember seeing it somewhere in there.

I am once again mourning loadouts. I'd love to save my current, extremely fun and effective build and try out the Mendeln ring that dropped for me yesterday, but the time it takes to redo skills/aspects/paragon boards (even if it's only three of them because I'm only L70) means I'm not doing the fun part of the game.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

harrygomm posted:

I think it's fine. 93 currently and I just run around and smash buttons while on my exercise bike lol

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

flashman posted:

How does grandfather interact with the new additive crit strike pool
I don't understand it and stop calling me that. :corsair:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I played TB rogue in S0 with controller, the first time playing an ARPG on PC with controller.....ever I think? It felt surprisingly good and I've played D4 with controller ever since.

I briefly tried LE with controller and D4 feels way better.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

finished the season journey, love that blood

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Ha, my buddy and I were just talking about how worthless it is and we're not even 100 yet. The text on it makes it seem like an obvious troll.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Kaysette posted:

Enjoy the 1h of clicking UI buttons to activate it.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Clearly they aren't going to be doing that. They haven't clicked that button in a while.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

so that necromancer malignant ring we are getting makes me want to reroll necro to get an infinimist build up and running. improved my experience of last season immensely

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Speaking of NMD affixes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoybXCna8mw

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Kaysette posted:

That's ok, they definitely have a plan for this in the coming update! Right?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Where any of the malignant powers cool/fun for sorc?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The barber

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Kaddish posted:

Clearly they aren't going to be doing that. They haven't clicked that button in a while.

All the ones I’m using are level 3, I’d happily click button while watching Netflix if they added more levels or anything extra.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Kaysette posted:

All the ones I’m using are level 3, I’d happily click button while watching Netflix if they added more levels or anything extra.

Same, same.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

At one point I just started upgrading the default selected one with the quick escape method and just upgraded them all in just a few minutes. Wzs surprised how much blood I had to spare. Dumb as gently caress mechanic

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

EC posted:

I'm pretty sure you can change this in the accessibility settings. I remember seeing it somewhere in there.

You can decouple basic skill and interact but 100% of the buttons are already in use. I guess I could mount interact to waggling the right stick or something but it's so stunning when they had loot vs attack and attack vs objective and they made the wrong choice twice.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

decoupling interact from attacks is a huge huge QOL boost when looting, especially in the pvp area

I have an elite controller so I just got rid of target lock on R3, assigned one of my skills to it, and changed a flappy paddle button to R3 on the controller side. I'll never go back

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Does anyone know of a small app that can can do repeat keypresses of a key with a toggle?

Like.. I press '2' and that toggles 2 on and repeats pressing 2 at a specified milliseconds until I press '2' again? I'm not looking for something that uses scripts like AutoHotKey or any other confusing crap. I want a GUI that lets me create a quick macro. My Razer Synapse does this, but it's buggy. Sometimes when I turn off the hotkey it will randomly pick a key to repeat until I restart the machines. Buggy rear end software..

I'm using my Logitech G13 right now, and it works, but honestly, I love my blackwidow keyboard so much more.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Philthy posted:

Does anyone know of a small app that can can do repeat keypresses of a key with a toggle?

Like.. I press '2' and that toggles 2 on and repeats pressing 2 at a specified milliseconds until I press '2' again? I'm not looking for something that uses scripts like AutoHotKey or any other confusing crap. I want a GUI that lets me create a quick macro. My Razer Synapse does this, but it's buggy. Sometimes when I turn off the hotkey it will randomly pick a key to repeat until I restart the machines. Buggy rear end software..

I'm using my Logitech G13 right now, and it works, but honestly, I love my blackwidow keyboard so much more.

Better check to see if that's legal, remember Blizzard can check for programs running while you are playing their games.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Mayveena posted:

Better check to see if that's legal, remember Blizzard can check for programs running while you are playing their games.

Honestly? I'd rather not blow up my mouse. If they ban me, plenty of other games to play. When you put skills in the game that benefit from a trillion key presses as fast as possible, you gotta expect people to be doing this.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Philthy posted:

Honestly? I'd rather not blow up my mouse. If they ban me, plenty of other games to play. When you put skills in the game that benefit from a trillion key presses as fast as possible, you gotta expect people to be doing this.

It's an exploit. i mean give it a shot if you like, but they haven't in the past permitted this type of app to be run in the background. I'm not telling you you're wrong, I'm just saying to look at the ToS to see if you agreed not to do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Mayveena posted:

It's an exploit. i mean give it a shot if you like, but they haven't in the past permitted this type of app to be run in the background. I'm not telling you you're wrong, I'm just saying to look at the ToS to see if you agreed not to do this.

why would they check the tos. They already said they don’t give a poo poo. Lol