Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If you thought Clinton was a reptilian motherfucker just wait until America meets Gavin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I figured Newsome was waiting til 28 unless something happened to Biden before that.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

GD_American posted:

That was never serious. Kamala Harris was given barely anything to do as VP, and has fumbled even that much. Bernie is even older. Warren is a great watchdog of a Senator but a cringe-inducingly bad campaigner. Klobuchar is an unlikeable Midwestern harpy. I'm having trouble even remembering any other Dems interested in the job, which says a lot.

I assume Pete Buttigieg is still out there somewhere. The benches on both sides of the aisle are extremely fuckin bare though, it's part of how a guy like Trump was able to slip in IMO.

I think the American presidency in its current form attracts the wrong type of people, or the steps that you have to take in order to successfully be elected are only feasible for bad people, or some combination of the two. I'm way past my bedtime so I'm not sure how to articulate it, just a vibe I have.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

If you thought Clinton was a reptilian motherfucker just wait until America meets Gavin

Newsome vs Desantis in 28 is going to be frightening.

Although, who knows if we will even have a 28 election.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The problem is democrat voters do stupid poo poo like think for themselves, so every single candidate has something wrong with them with some segment of the voting base since perfect is the enemy of good on the left and if you've ever done anything that wasn't exactly what John Q. Bluevoter wanted that week he'll let Trump win instead.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

GD_American posted:

Mentioning reptilians on the first post of page 666 :kiss:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Ether Frenzy posted:

The problem is democrat voters do stupid poo poo like think for themselves, so every single candidate has something wrong with them with some segment of the voting base since perfect is the enemy of good on the left and if you've ever done anything that wasn't exactly what John Q. Bluevoter wanted that week he'll let Trump win instead.

The Clinton campaign was malpractice to the point that I'm halfway convinced that it was so poorly run to generate infighting on the left. The Obama campaigns ran further left than he legislated by some degree. Kerry sucked poo poo and was a mistake to nominate. Gore was actually pretty left but then chose Lieberman to try to make it a moderate ticket, then literally had the election stolen.

So nah disagree entirely. Motivate young voters and the left will win. gently caress them over and you'll lose in midterms. Rinse repeat.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Well it turns out that old people turn up to vote every single time, so the democrats run the most milquetoast person they can find because old people don't like radical candidates. So that's never happening.

Having the last name "Buttigeig" is considered radical on the left

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 5, 2023

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I just want to get a total cultural victory in this game of Civ and I'm so close.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Tru-Tone has light strings available for sale now (it still says "Mid November") but I just ordered a C7 string to go with the bulbs I got a week ago when it was posted earlier here.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
posting on the devil page

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sea of stars on gamepass is fun in that sprite RPG style of game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

BlindSite posted:

It rules a lot

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Posting on the true witching hour

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
All cats, my resident and fosters, have taking to staring at nothing this evening. My mom did say she felt ghosts in my house last time she was here so now my mildly high brain is wondering that's what they see. Ants and various basement bugs are more likely tho.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hail Satan

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I like the Devil let’s all hail

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Hot Diggity! posted:

The Clinton campaign was malpractice to the point that I'm halfway convinced that it was so poorly run to generate infighting on the left. The Obama campaigns ran further left than he legislated by some degree. Kerry sucked poo poo and was a mistake to nominate. Gore was actually pretty left but then chose Lieberman to try to make it a moderate ticket, then literally had the election stolen.

So nah disagree entirely. Motivate young voters and the left will win. gently caress them over and you'll lose in midterms. Rinse repeat.

Remember how we had a passionate candidate in Howard Dean then he got too passionate at rally and yelled a little, and dems were like "oh no we can't have that!" then we got Kerry and his sad attempt of a campaign.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Oh yeah. Hail Satan

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I seared a 1.5 pound chuck steak and then slow cooked it in a dutch oven with onions in ale and stock for 4 hours, and ate it with toasted bread and now I feel like a fatty but it was so delicious.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Uber eats driver lady was super religious, was like "have a blessed evening and may God be on your mind always" so I tipped her $6.66 in honor of this thread

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I am a good boy and my preferred football team are the good guys so I'm only posting on this page to get us past it before kick off.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
You like the Cowboys? Gross!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://youtu.be/WxnN05vOuSM

Blasted this with the windows down the one time I drove through Provo, Utah. Felt good.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Satan all day for Sunday night.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

seiferguy posted:

Remember how we had a passionate candidate in Howard Dean then he got too passionate at rally and yelled a little, and dems were like "oh no we can't have that!" then we got Kerry and his sad attempt of a campaign.

tbf, it was a very funny yell. Even my brother, who has never cared about following politics, made fun of it for years.

It's the lovely side of politics, though. Policies don't matter, and one soundbite or story can absolutely wreck your campaign. DeSantis's campaign getting wrecked by a story about how he eats pudding shouldn't have been what disqualified him as a candidate, and yet

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
I got daylight savingsed today. Change your clocks

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I woke up at my normal time, which means I really woke up at 5 am. Luckily, my kid “slept in” for once, so at least he didn’t wake up until 5:45.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
:hellyeah: Satan page :regd10:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Bird in a Blender posted:

I woke up at my normal time, which means I really woke up at 5 am. Luckily, my kid “slept in” for once, so at least he didn’t wake up until 5:45.

We’ve been pushing our kids schedule over the past week to prepare. Now I’m gonna miss sleeping in until 6:30.

seiferguy posted:

E: every president post Carter has been 6ft or taller. DeSantis supposedly is 5'11".

5’11” is a liars height.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Beaten to Maiden posting on page 666 but I'll chip in anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vP2hFFV57E

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hail Satan, also I definitely remember Howard Dean’s bbyeoouhhh!! being like a proto-meme, that got yelled a lot in the halls at school lol

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

The Big Jesus posted:

We’ve been pushing our kids schedule over the past week to prepare. Now I’m gonna miss sleeping in until 6:30.

5’11” is a liars height.

Phew, safe at 5'10".

I am not sure if it was because I was feeling kind of off from getting my covid/flu shots yesterday, or my 15 year old dog dying yesterday, but I felt a combination of both groggy and wired and ended up sleeping until ... 2:30am, though to be fair it was really 3:30am so getting 3.5 hours of sleep is much better than 2.5 hours.

My dog's health had been slowly deteriorating for the last month or so, I took her out for her rabies shot last saturday since we needed it for her registration (though I did ask if they had a planned non-operation like they do for car registration and they said no) and physically she seemed ok, but she seemed mentally gone, was getting lost in the house or yard as if she was blind/deaf/senile. Then yesterday night right before bed my wife found her laying in a weird spot and weirdly shaky, like she would lift her head but it would be really jerky movements. She was not really moving and was covered with pee, so my wife put her in the bath while I got dressed to bring her to a 24 hour vet. She died in the bathtub about 5 minutes later. I am not sure if she waited for us to find her or if we would have just found her dead if we went to bed a few minutes later. I kind of feel like we let her down, we made a vet appointment last week but the appointment was still next week. She probably would have been put down, but at least she would not have been in pain vs whatever she felt dying naturally. I had never had a pet die at home, so I was not sure what the protocol was (though my 4 year old did helpfully suggest either feeding her to the cats, putting her in the trash, or bringing her to the dump). I ended up putting her in a basket and bringing her to the 24 hour vet I was looking up. It was kind of odd, they are not our normal vet and they still asked the same generic "new patient" questions. Is she spayed, what her color is etc. while she is on the counter dead in a basket (though wrapped in a towel).

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:lol: My mother in law officially nuked our relationship last night so I guess I have that awkwardness to look forward to for the next 20 years. Although she very substantially damaged her relationship with my wife as well.

These boomer grandmas, man.

The Big Jesus posted:

5’11” is a liars height.

Yep. They are invariably 5’9.

Pain of Mind posted:

**pup stuff**

Oh no! I am so sorry that is very traumatic. Ugh.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Satan page also needs Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqoyKzgkqR4

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Satan page lining up with the end of daylight savings is appropriate. the kids have been up since 4:45.

on the plus side I got a court order the other day declaring me female with my chosen name, so I've got that going for me, which is nice

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

shirts and skins posted:

Satan page lining up with the end of daylight savings is appropriate. the kids have been up since 4:45.

on the plus side I got a court order the other day declaring me female with my chosen name, so I've got that going for me, which is nice

Congrats on being team shirts now?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

shirts and skins posted:

:rock:

That rules, congrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

I posted about it a couple weeks back, it’s really good. It’s a total love letter to Chrono Trigger and those early similar RPGs. Without giving away too much, once you get to the end of the game look up how to get the “true” ending. It’s worth it.

Chained Echoes is great one too

e: also from PS+ I’ve been playing Far Changing Tides. It’s a side scroller with great art and music. No enemies (that I’ve found) just puzzle solving. You’re in a post apocalyptic flooded world and you’re traveling…somewhere. The game doesn’t explain a lot and just lets you figure it out on your own as you go along, which I like.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 5, 2023