Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/AJArabic/status/1721185281351548930?s=20

Another Merkava got smoked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Love that Blinken is ignoring just the concept of Palestinian Americans in Gaza and having their relatives there

quote:

For more than two weeks now, Tariq Luthun has been unable to sleep.

"I barely have time to engage in the act of living," he says. From his home in Detroit he's watching his family's home of Gaza be flattened, block by block.

Inundated with images of bombs and rubble and broken bodies, he is at turns devastated and terrified. Sometimes he just feels numb.

The bombing began as a response to Hamas' Oct. 7 attack on Israel, which left more than 1,400 Israelis dead. Israel says 222 hostages were taken over the border.

Since then, Israel's bombardment of Gaza has killed more than 5,000, according to Palestinian officials. About 100 more have been killed in the West Bank, according to the Palestinian health ministry. The United Nations has said that over 1 million people in Gaza have been internally displaced.

Loved ones of Hamas attack victims diverge over Israel's war in Gaza
MIDDLE EAST CRISIS — EXPLAINED
Loved ones of Hamas attack victims diverge over Israel's war in Gaza
According to human rights groups, Gaza is in the depths of a humanitarian crisis, a direct result of Israel's bombing and "complete siege" of the enclave. Over the weekend, the first trucks carrying aid started to trickle through from Egypt to Gaza, part of a U.N.-brokered deal helped along by leaders of various countries, the U.S. among them. President Biden has continued to say his administration stands with Israel, while urging that country to minimize civilian casualties.

To be Palestinian American in this context, Luthan says, is to feel erased – like the deaths of your people don't matter.

The dozen Palestinian Americans NPR talked to from around the U.S. say they are mourning Gaza, while feeling completely abandoned by their country. On top of that, they fear rising anti-Palestinian sentiment and Islamophobia.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

spacemang_spliff posted:

Doctors Mengele 2 through 101

my least favorite Dodie Smith novel

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Al-Saqr posted:

A Rabbi Flipped his tank over and died:-

"A rabbi climbs into a tank" sounds like the set up for a dumb joke and well I guess it was lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i wonder how many weeks of getting smoked by rocket team they're going to allow before they start protecting their tank crews

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Saudi Twitter is having a field day laughing at the Rabbi that flipped the tank over and praying that it's that annoying fat gently caress zionist Yacob Herzog MBS keeps allowing to prance around Riyadh.

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/MightyWar3/status/1720741749105291431
https://en.antaranews.com/news/297903/indonesia-ready-to-send-hospital-ship-to-treat-palestinian-refugees
Looks like Indonesia is planning to send a hospital ship to the Mediterranean. Hopefully only good things come from this.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
a zionist, a rabbi, and a nazi walk into a tank and they carry him out in a body bag

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

spacemang_spliff posted:

Doctors Mengele 2 through 101

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Missingnoleader posted:

https://twitter.com/MightyWar3/status/1720741749105291431
https://en.antaranews.com/news/297903/indonesia-ready-to-send-hospital-ship-to-treat-palestinian-refugees
Looks like Indonesia is planning to send a hospital ship to the Mediterranean. Hopefully only good things come from this.

that's excellent. I was wondering why china didn't send their giant peace ark there but perhaps they were worried it'd "accidentally" get sunk

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Al! posted:

a zionist, a rabbi, and a nazi walk into a tank and they carry him out in a body bag

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al! posted:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awivz_9ybK8&t=643s

IOF is doing nazi poo poo in the west bank

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

after arguing with the other rabbis, Ben Eleazar said that “if the halakha is in accordance with my opinion, let this tank prove it.” the tank flipped over and crushed him. then the rabbis said to him: one does not cite halakhic proof from a tank.

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
People in the thread are talking about what israeli civil society looks like after this war.

Imo Israel deflates like a balloon when they can't just offer the previous incentives to move to Israel that were there. Dual citizen ship is common in israel, you'll have a lot of americans and euros moving back to america and europe, leaving only the most committed zionists in place.

If the IDF are actually defeated you're in fall of saigon territory. Israeli civil society will have to be reshaped, but between the murderous entitlement of the zionists and the influence they wield within the american legislature I'm not sure what thats going to look like. I guess im 50% sure that the Israeli ruling class moves back to philadelphia, leaving the poorer elements of the israeli middle class to pick up the pieces.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

crepeface posted:

that's stupid. if Felix believes that then it means there's no point in resistance at all

it doesn't mean "there's no point in resistance at all", it means the West needs to start walking towards a solution that doesn't lead to Israel doing something rash out of desperation. It was true with Putin and it's true with Netanyahu.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Al-Saqr posted:

Saudi Twitter is having a field day laughing at the Rabbi that flipped the tank over and praying that it's that annoying fat gently caress zionist Yacob Herzog MBS keeps allowing to prance around Riyadh.

It's this guy, 32 year old Rabbi Na'aran Ashhar

https://www.makorrishon.co.il/news/692149/

According to the article, he initially was not called for service because he donated a kidney 4 months earlier, but he begged them to draft him anyway. The tank flipped a week ago and he just now finally died. lol rip bozo should've stayed at home instead

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Al! posted:

lmao

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Al! posted:

jesus christ

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Al! posted:

Now that's a good knee slapper lol

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Al! posted:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Israel tried to show pictures of a tunnel entrance in a hospital to make their case but didnt bother hiding the fact that it's a normal fuel tank as part of emergency hopital power.

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1721189966682738722?s=20

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the appropriate response to this is for all of the doctors on this list to be blacklisted from all conferences, journals, residencies, and similar programs by all medical associations. i actually think something approaching this could be made to happen with a pressure campaign, but it really should be comprehensive - these monsters should be unpersoned

when i get a minute free i might cross check if any of these people hold registrations for the GMC etc
it’s not snitching because patient safety comes first

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I'm sorry but we need to destroy all Gazan hatcheries

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Al! posted:

lol

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Al! posted:

G_ddamn

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Al! posted:

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Al! posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

lol

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it’s practically a parable, lmfao.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Al! posted:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/rapplerdotcom/status/1721096171899281739?t=84nmuwuPYUq71y8hfCCfdA&s=19

Lol at mainstream journalism losing their credibility by continually adopting the propaganda line

The Media is the ENEMY of the people!!!

Yeah, it's quite pathetic and transparent.

Yet there are still many (some on this very forum) who insist that the US media does not engage in propaganda

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Al! posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The Director-General of the World Health Organization has called for a ceasefire

https://twitter.com/DrTedros/status/1721189975721460001

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Al! posted:

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Al-Saqr posted:

the yassin is a custom shoulder mounted ATGM, the one placed by hand is a shaped charge version if it, when they say 'Zero Distance' thats how know it was placed by hand, i would assume 99% of the time its the shoulder moubted rpg version thats used.

one might say that hamas has been... yassified

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Zionist killing Lebanese kids now, things may change

https://twitter.com/EyesOnSouth1/status/1721193831687712817

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/AryJeay/status/1721194123191812348?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Victor Klemperer: Netanyahu is Hitler 3

quote:

Excerpt from The Language of the Third Reich by Victor Klemperer, German Jewish philologist and Holocaust survivor:

[...] Seliksohn brought me two volumes of Herzl, the Zionist writings and the first volume of the diaries, both published, in 1920 and 1922, by the Jewish Publishing House in Berlin. I read them with dismay bordering on despair. My first diary entry on them reads: "Lord protect me from my friends! If you are in the right frame of mind, then these two volumes can provide evidence for many of the accusations levelled at the Jews by Hitler and Goebbels and Rosenberg, it does not require any great gift of interpretation or distortion."

Later, using a number of key words and quotations, I set down clearly the similarities and dissimilarities between Herzl and Hitler. There were, thank God, also dissimilarities between them.

Above all: Herzl is never intent on oppressing, let alone exterminating, other peoples, he never advocates the idea at the root of all Nazi atrocities, the idea of one superior race or people being chosen above all others and having a claim to power over the rest of humanity. He merely calls for equal rights for a group of oppressed people, nothing more than a moderately small safe haven for a group which has been mistreated and persecuted. He only uses the word "subhuman" when talking about the subhuman treatment of the Galician Jews. And, moreover, he is not narrow-minded and obstinate, he is not intellectually and spiritually uneducated like Hitler, he is not a fanatic. He would simply like to be one, but only gets halfway there, and cannot quite stifle his reason, equanimity and humanity; he can only believe himself to be the man of destiny sent from God for a few moments at a time, and is always asking himself whether, instead of being a second Moses, he is not merely a feature-writer blessed with a good imagination. He has only one hard and fast objective, and only one aspect of his plan which is clearly worked out: a homeland must be created for the non-emancipated and truly oppressed Eastern Jewish masses, who have remained a people unto themselves. As soon as he touches on the Western side of the problem he ties himself up in contradictions which he then vainly tries to resolve. The definition of the term "Volk" begins to waver, it's impossible to establish conclusively whether the gestor, who is in charge of government business, is a dictator or a parliament; he doesn't like racial distinctions, but wants to see mixed marriage banned; he clings to German culture and the German language with wistful pleasure and wants to transplant it to Palestine, like everything else from the West, but the Jewish people will be made up of the uniform mass of Eastern inhabitants of the Ghetto, and so on. From all these uncertainties it is clear that Herzl is not a genius, but a warm-hearted and interesting man.

As soon as he elevates himself to the status of someone sent by God, however, and feels the need to live up to his mission, the intellectual, moral and linguistic similarity between the Messiah of the Jews and that of the Germans takes on a dimension which is grotesque one minute and shocking the next. He "unfurls 'die nationalsoziale Fahne'" with its seven stars symbolizing the seven hours of the working day, he smashes any resistance, he demolishes any opposition, he is the Führer who has been given his orders by destiny and realizes everything that slumbers unconsciously amidst the masses of his people, the masses that he will turn into a people, and the Führer "must have a resolute outlook". He must, moreover, be able to appreciate the psychology and needs of the masses. Notwithstanding his own free-thinking and the furtherance of science, he will create places of pilgrimage pandering to the childish beliefs of the masses and will even exploit his own aureole. "I watched and listened (he notes after a successful mass meeting) as my own legend came into being. The people are sentimental; the masses don't see clearly. Even now they don't have a clear impression of me. A light mist is beginning to well up around me which will perhaps become the cloud in which I move." Propaganda is to be made by all possible means: while one can deal with the childlike masses with orthodoxy and places of pilgrimage, in assimilated and educated circles it is possible to "create propaganda for Zionism out of snobbery", mentioning for example Börries von Münchhausen's "Ballads of Judah" and Mosche Lilien's illustrations when talking to the Viennese women's association. (If I mention the fact that Münchhausen, who read his own Judah poetry in many Jewish associations before the First World War, was celebrated as a great German writer in Hitler's Reich, and as a Blubo [Blut und Boden] man got on extremely well with the Nazis, then I have reached the point I am heading towards; but that is jumping the gun.) Superficial pomp and circumstance and obtrusive symbolism are good and indispensable things, and great importance should be attached to uniforms, flags and festivals. Uncomfortable critics are to be treated as enemies of the state. Opposition to important measures must be broken "with ruthless severity", there is no need to refrain from casting suspicion on dissenters and insulting them. If the so-called protest rabbis turn against the idea of a political Zionism incorporating the West on decisive spiritual grounds, then Herzl declares: Next year in Jerusalem! "In the last decades of national degeneration"—he means: of assimilation—some rabbis had given a "watered-down interpretation" of this age-old motto summarizing their objectives: the Jerusalem of the saying ought really to be London, Berlin or Chicago. "If you interpret Jewish traditions in this way, then of course there isn't much left of Judaism beyond the annual earnings of these gentlemen." Enticements and threats should stand side by side in equal doses: no one is to be forced to join in the emigration; however, anyone who hesitates or arrives later, will have a bad time of it on both sides, the people in Palestine "will seek their true friends amongst those who fought and suffered for the cause at a time when it earned them insults rather than honours."

While these are simply general expressions and tones the two Führers have in common, Herzl also on many occasions supplies his opposite number with terrible weapons. He wants to force the Rothschilds to use their fortune to benefit the Jewish people, where at present they have the armies of all the major world powers working solely for their own financial advancement. And how will the accumulated mass of the Jewish people—again and again: we are a single entity, we are a people!—assert itself and establish its position? It will intervene as a financial power in the peace agreements between the warring European powers. It will principally be able to do this because following the foundation of the Jewish state there will be enough Jews living abroad in Europe who will want to rely on their own state and serve it from outside. This is open to a wealth of possible interpretations by Nazism!

And again and again the personal affinity, the linguistic accord of the two of them. One should count the number of receptions, speeches and trivialities of the Hitler regime that were referred to as "historic". And when Herzl advances his thoughts to the editor-in-chief of the Neue Freie Presse during a walk it is "a historic hour", and whenever he enjoys the most insignificant diplomatic success it immediately goes down in world history. And there is a moment at which he confides in his diary that his private life has now ceased and his historic life begun...

Again and again correspondences between them—intellectual and stylistic, psychological, speculative, political, and how much they mutually encouraged each other! Of all the things on which Herzl bases his idea of a unified people, there is only one which truly fits the Jews: their common opponent and persecutor; seen from this point of view the Jews of all nations certainly unite into "global Jewry" in their opposition to Hitler—the man himself, his persecution complex and the precipitous cunning of his mania gave a concrete form to that which previously had only existed as an idea, and he converted more supporters to Zionism and the Jewish state than Herzl himself. And Herzl once again—from whom could Hitler have gleaned more crucial and practical ideas for his own purposes?