Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
It's bag time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Walnuts have been changed to peaches.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

isn't that a spell in runescape

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Goons, friends, enemies. I'm gonna be setting up weekly emboldened raids on Saturdays, 6-8pm EST (and maybe more wings if we clear and have time). If you're interested in checking out raiding (or just need LI) please feel free to hop on around that time. I'm pinging here https://discord.com/channels/129787532702515200/1155914638723137707 if you want /sqjoin notifications :black101:

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Think thats like 9 am on sunday for me. maybe doable

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Decided to reinstall with the new expac out, ditching my warrior since I'm kind of burned out on them. Is there a generally accepted good solo class/spec? I've played a few hours as a machinist and while they're definitely easy mode I'm not really into the engineer aesthetic.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Decided to reinstall with the new expac out, ditching my warrior since I'm kind of burned out on them. Is there a generally accepted good solo class/spec? I've played a few hours as a machinist and while they're definitely easy mode I'm not really into the engineer aesthetic.

willbender is one of my personal favorites, you get to mix their powerful and hyper-mobile offensive kit with the base guardian's excellent utility and passive/active defensive skills

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Reaper is pretty fun

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
All 3 revenant specs are S tier soloers.

In other news, a studio update:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-in-autumn-and-winter-2023/

Next patch is Nov 7, otherwise nothing too interesting.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

reaper #1

revenant is welcome in all group content (at time of writing)

scrapper is also good if you can put up with engineer

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007
Mirage, Soulbeast, and Spectre are all pretty good too.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Base Necro and reaper are aces. All Rev builds, Ranger is also pretty easy.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thanks for the recommendations all, I played with a couple of the options in the PVP zone to get a feel for them and ended up going with Necro/Reaper.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

And so my journey for legendary heavy armor is now complete. Too bad I still need all 6 parts for both light and medium! Still it's really cool every time I knock out a legendary item and look back at times I never expected to even have a single legendary unlocked and it's encouraging for me to think "yeah these are possible for me to reach".

edit: also random got perma crafting station contract, sold it, bought aurene scepter and shield so got 3 legendary skins unlocked tonight then I got some good kills in WvW

Lonk fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Oct 26, 2023

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
What a great day!

There was some good wubs yesterday

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Preview notes for the November balance patch

Edit: oh wow, huge rework to pet skills

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 28, 2023

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Basically a buff across the board.
Really excited to play pet ranger again!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Scrapper is cool again?

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Meowywitch posted:

Scrapper is cool again?

It's never not been cool.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

looks like heal chrono and alac mirage might finally be good again

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Rev shield 4 is getting aegis, finally!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Some nice little boosts to allow me to all of heal, alac, quick and DPS off the same engi

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

looks like heal chrono and alac mirage might finally be good again
There's still a chance Rifle may become a support weapon for Mesmer.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

tarbrush posted:

Some nice little boosts to allow me to all of heal, alac, quick and DPS off the same engi

Which build is this?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ineptitude posted:

Which build is this?

Four separate builds, it's just nice to join a group and switch to what's needed with a couple of buttons.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Making berserker cool and good and quickzerker actually playable???

Also making it seem very likely that mesmer and warrior are getting support weapons with some of these touchups.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

tarbrush posted:

Four separate builds, it's just nice to join a group and switch to what's needed with a couple of buttons.

Isn't that how it is now?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Well, yeah, but rifle alac dips is a bit anaemic and quickscrapper is complicated

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hey buffs to the builds I was playing, cool.

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
There is less than ONE WEEK to get your bag helmets. Make sure you get them before they're gone!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mysterious_Craftsraven

The total cost of the four bags is 12 Candy Corn Cobs, 40 Pouches of Black Pigment, and a smattering of karma to buy the bags of food.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

gandlethorpe posted:

Preview notes for the November balance patch

"We've made piercing part of the short bow's base attacks to make it more appealing to non-renegade users."

:vince:

I just made a Sb/GS Vindicator build for open world that destroys everything, buffs, and doesn't die. My only complaint was no piercing outside of Renegade but now it's even better! Alliance and Sb go together really well, I quite like it.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Post that build! Vindi fun so what

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
Alliance kicks rear end now that it has only a 3 second CD between swapping which ghost Das is in your head. Still lolling at how it had a 10 second CD at launch which made it unusable (which the whole Healing Support line of Vindi arguably still is)

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

LordAdakos posted:

Post that build! Vindi fun so what

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUFlZSHMU6hlSNsTyhpSfsSKgn1kesF-DSpYBBlVFFcgbBZYGBzcEBlSYFQbJQghQmRgtLAhsHeL6fGBA-e

I have some odd prefixes mixed in because this was a grab bag of gear I had laying around. The main takeaway is celestial armor/weapons with berserker/assassin's accessories, basically whatever combo you want that gets you to 50% crit (so you have 100% crit rate with Fury/Roiling Mists).

This plays as busy as you want to make it, you start out Sb with Alliance stance and swap to GS with Dwarf. Open with Spear, then Scavenger Burst when you get in range. Use your Sb skills, Scavenger Burst (Quickness and Endurance!), and dodge as much as possible. Swap to Dwarf/GS and toggle on Vengeful Hammers if you just want damage/sustain. If you need stability or breakbar, wait on hammers and use road/chains as needed while you spam your GS skills/dodge. I usually use Energy Meld while I'm on Dwarf/GS too. When your energy is low, swap back to Alliance/Sb and repeat. I try to remember to swap my stance first then my weapon, that way you'll get the full benefit of your Energy sigil while only needing it on one weapon - it will trigger when you swap to and from Dwarf that way.

So this does great burst damage, has massive sustain, and gives you permanent Fury, 20-25 Might, Quickness, Swiftness, Protection, Vigor, along with good uptime on Stability (if necessary) and Regeneration (which probably could be perma if you want to get fancy with Alliance Tactics). It's also helpful to others in group events as your dodge grants Protection and Might, extends boons, heals, and cleanses conditions on allies. And you'll be dodging a lot!

Here's a quick demo video on my favorite punching bag, Champion Avatar of Balthazar. You can steamroll through everything, it's a lot of fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0SIkrG_M7c

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

DangerDan posted:

Alliance kicks rear end now that it has only a 3 second CD between swapping which ghost Das is in your head. Still lolling at how it had a 10 second CD at launch which made it unusable (which the whole Healing Support line of Vindi arguably still is)

while it doesn't have much of a place elsewhere because of how important superboons are in pve compositions heal vindi is extremely meta in wvw

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Nov 2, 2023

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Just started with GW2 again after other games kept me busy during SotO launch - Any chance I can make a dent in the special tab of the Wizard's Vault before it rerolls in 2 days? Those rewards look really juicy

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015

Wuxi posted:

Just started with GW2 again after other games kept me busy during SotO launch - Any chance I can make a dent in the special tab of the Wizard's Vault before it rerolls in 2 days? Those rewards look really juicy

Looked through the special objectives to see what you could do. Most of these require you be at least halfway through the SotO story to unlock all the zones.

Easy
Complete meta-event Unlocking the Wizard's Tower (450) - SotO metas run on alternate hours and you can easily find groups, prioritize these objectives once you've gained access to their maps.
Complete meta-event: The Defense of Amnytas (450) - See above.
View 12 Different Vistas in the Horn of Maguuma (300) - Easy after opening maps.
Hit 25 Kryptis Blasters, Kryptis Sentinels, or Kryptis Drainers with Skyscale Fireball Skill (250) - Make sure you prioritize getting the fireball mastery skill, second skill in Flight Training mastery track. There's lots of these in Amnytas.
Defeat 10 Enemy Champions in the Horn of Maguuma (375) - If you do any rifts or meta-events you'll probably get this free.

Medium
Complete the Story Chapter Treachery (500) - Requires fully completing story, might take too long.
Complete the Cosmic Observatory Strike Mission in Normal or Challenge Mode (400) - If you've done any strike/raid content before, this isn't too difficult and you can find pug groups for it. Maybe watch a video so you don't go in blind. Requires wizard's tower unlocked.
Complete the Temple of Febe Strike Mission in Normal or Challenge Mode (400) - Same.

Nope
Complete 15 Tier 3 Rift Hunts (400) - If you get lucky you might find someone running a group hunting only T3 rifts. Look out for it, but I don't think this is worth the time. Would take around two hours minimum.
Complete the A New Friend Achievement (300) - Not enough time.
Ride a Ley Line Using a Griffon or Skyscale (250) - Requires high mastery.
Discover and Unlock 10 Greater Arcane Treasures in Secrets of the Obscure Maps (400) - Requires high mastery.

Halloween
Earn 100 Progress toward the Halloween Festivities Achievement (325)
Participate in 25 Events in the Mad King's Labyrinth (250) - These two are easy if you do any Halloween content, but might take awhile to complete.

Complete the Halloween Rituals Achievement (500)
Complete 3 Rounds of Mad King Says (50) - These two are easy, BUT Mad King Says only happens every two hours and you need to do it three times, so that's six hours minimum to complete these, plan ahead if you go this route.

Missing Fox fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 5, 2023

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Missing Fox posted:

Looked through the special objectives to see what you could do. Most of these require you be at least halfway through the SotO story to unlock all the zones.

That is one hella useful post, thank you

Now I just gotta decide between Rev and Necro. Any news on when they're adding the new weapon types?

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 5, 2023

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Next major patch so ~February

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
I built a new computer with an RTX 4090 and can finally run the game well (knock on wood).

That being said, I still have random crashes to desktop from time to time, for no reason, and I've been contacting Anet about it. They are super nice & apologetic, and don't even know the cause of the crashes, despite me sending them multiple crash logs/all my Direct X system info, etc.

As much as we love this game, it's buggy as hell. I spoke with a few guildies - thinking to myself - is this just a me problem? And they've also had random crashes and FPS drops for no good reason.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 5, 2023