Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

these outputs make me want to "kill" (murder) "myself" (Elon Musk) in "Minecraft" (real life)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

what happens if you feed it prompts about elon? does it have an "only nice things" hard coded response?

also AI, just like the metaverse, starts to jump the shark in proportion to the amount of bullshit being sprayed all over LinkedIn by people jerking off about what they did on chatgpt

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

you might be able to talk that fucker into bricking all the teslas

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
they published benchmarks on the model and it barely beats out gpt-3.5 on benchmarks so I’m not sure elons racist ai is gonna take the world by storm

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
has anyone said “gpt-4chan”

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

kitten emergency posted:

they published benchmarks on the model and it barely beats out gpt-3.5 on benchmarks so I’m not sure elons racist ai is gonna take the world by storm

By stormfront, maybe.

e:

kitten emergency posted:

has anyone said “gpt-4chan”

Taken by GPT-3.5 trained on 4chan, yes. It's probably identical to grõk.

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Nov 5, 2023

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

the only AI worth using is llama since you run it locally and give it a less obnoxious persona

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cat Face Joe posted:

the dying non-tech company i work for thinks "ai" will pull us out of the hole so it's definitely over

ai selling shovels to companies with one foot in the grave? sounds like it's ready to retire to the consultant toolbox

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

ryanrs posted:

What about this new AI-accelerator hardware? (Apple Neural Engine, Google Tensor Processing Unit, etc)

How general-purpose are these AI-accelerators? Can they be used for interesting non-AI/inference/training stuff?

they are fast parallel low precision matrix math accelerators. if you have lots of matrices of int4, int8, fp8, or fp16 to multiply, you can use them for that.

so pretty much useless for non AL tasks

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

r u ready to WALK posted:

the only AI worth using is llama since you run it locally and give it a less obnoxious persona

you can run plenty of models locally for inference, especially if you have a recent nvidia gpu or an apple M chip. see https://huggingface.co if you want some open models and tools.

if you’re a Mac user install Diffusion Bee from homebrew or some other way.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol
https://twitter.com/christhebarker/status/1721190737381904838

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

you know it's not a cybertruck because the panel gaps aren't a drat inch wide

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
honestly that actually looks better than the cybertruck

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Management posted:

they are fast parallel low precision matrix math accelerators. if you have lots of matrices of int4, int8, fp8, or fp16 to multiply, you can use them for that.

so it’s a video card

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Geoff was a hundred times cooler than the trukkk, even if it was also a piece of poo poo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
incidentally i was just reading something from the top gear magazine in apple news (https://apple.news/Ak-dkwTr5RtybPxeB78KyVQ, subscription required obviously) and was struck by this

even a mclaren with no roof or windshield has stupid loving tablet controls. thanks elon

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
tablet controls are complete garbage for several reasons and they'll never go away, it sucks

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Cat Face Joe posted:

the dying non-tech company i work for thinks "ai" will pull us out of the hole so it's definitely over

Ah, yes. I remember when it was CORBA. Then SOAP. Then Web 2.0. Then crypto. Hint: no technology can revive a dying company.

e: I may have misremembered whether SOAP came before or after Web 2.0.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
the cars they were testing are basically one-offs for extremely rich people but the mclaren seems to be the only one with a tablet and fully lcd-ified speedo (strangely there aren't any really good shots of the aston martin's interior, or much of it at all really)

ex. the mclaren's digital dash and tablet

vs. ferrari's mostly normal looking dash

absolutely nutso looking cars though, i'm sure driving any one of them is An Experience

n.b. there's a video attached to the article that i didn't watch but i assume isn't paywalled like the magazine article is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYRkMUDopcM

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 5, 2023

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
it's funny that the ux on a self checkout machine is better designed and more responsive than a lot of car touch tablets because they need people to pay for their stuff and get out asap to make money

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rowkey bilbao posted:

tablet controls are complete garbage for several reasons and they'll never go away, it sucks

it's what consumers crave

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Beeftweeter posted:

absolutely nutso looking cars though, i'm sure driving any one of them is An Experience

this looks really uncomfortable. i like a windshield.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

They brought a cybertruck to cars and coffee in LA.

https://vxtwitter.com/dsgolson/status/1721216438114177308

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

JudgeJoeBrown posted:

i would say that's still acceptable if it were a miniature metal earth model like the ones i've been clumsily putting together recently. for a real-life, full-size car though

lol

lmao

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

JudgeJoeBrown posted:

*calibrates how much effort is worth expending on clowning on the cyberfuck at this point*

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
matte blech

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

JudgeJoeBrown posted:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

was at the pub earlier and chatting to a retired fellow who is absolutely not interested in internet poo poo and he brought up social media unprompted and added "I hate that musk man" "he's so arrogant"

it's nice to know people who only know about the internet through family at least have the "gently caress elon musk" takeaway

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

JudgeJoeBrown posted:

whompy panels

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Tesseraction posted:

was at the pub earlier and chatting to a retired fellow who is absolutely not interested in internet poo poo and he brought up social media unprompted and added "I hate that musk man" "he's so arrogant"

it's nice to know people who only know about the internet through family at least have the "gently caress elon musk" takeaway

you don't have to be online to know that elon musk is a piece of poo poo. he's not restricted to the internet

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

JudgeJoeBrown posted:

it doesn't even look like stainless steel up close! it looks like anything painted with generic silver spraypaint. lmao

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Roosevelt posted:

you don't have to be online to know that elon musk is a piece of poo poo. he's not restricted to the internet

I mean yes but I'm just saying this guy is someone who basically didn't know who musk was until he bought twitter and now hates him

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Tesseraction posted:

I mean yes but I'm just saying this guy is someone who basically didn't know who musk was until he bought twitter

how lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

friends and family members talking about how he's made it terrible and full of nazis

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

reminder that there is still no price or release date but you can preorder one for $100

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Luigi Thirty posted:

reminder that there is still no price or release date but you can preorder one for $100

the $100 is fully refundable

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Tesseraction posted:

friends and family members talking about how he's made it terrible and full of nazis

ok but he did know who elon was (generally) before that right? he's been in the spotlight for years now

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
are people actually buying and selling their position in the queue because it sounds way too funny to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
that was elons OTHER good marketing idea. Preorders for a 100k vehicle for $100 that you could just get refunded whenever. Gave him a big cash boost when announced, everyone on insta posting their “cybertruck preorder :chord:” and everyones happy to do it cause its so low-stakes. Then he can brag about how many millions of preorders he has.