Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
PROUD OF OUR FLAG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

Read this in the same dramatic narration as the beginning of a civil rights or anti-apartheid movie.

When they Fartlow, we Farthigh

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

I got the pack last week which includes a freepost envelope so I'm planning on picking something suitably middle-fingerish to send to Labour Central Office.
I believe a brick is the traditional gift.

(Through the freepost to cost them money, not the window just in case this is assumed as a call to violence etc)

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

forkboy84 posted:

When I saw that Eve Fartlow was trending last night I felt such joy & humour. It's such a stupid insult but it really gets to her & that is beautiful because Eve Fartlow is a garbage person

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Policy in action lol

https://twitter.com/thomasforth/status/911972235467993089?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
It would be wrong for a government in waiting to comment on whether things have got worse without fully looking at government figures. However I can promise that, under my government, things that get worse will do so in a fiscally responsible way. etc etc

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

smellmycheese posted:

Policy in action lol

4 different bus companies serving a small town is good actually, why do you hate choice?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Anyone else despise fireworks?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They've killed less than gasworks but saved less than waterworks.

Also you can't sit on them like a good earthworks without ending up on the front of a tabloid.

A middling elemental work.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
More of a waxworks guy myself

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Musk has allowed Hopkins and Tommy Robinson back on Shitter

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

sinky posted:

4 different bus companies serving a small town is good actually, why do you hate choice?

Ha. Living somewhere with two bus companies operating, they run within minutes of each other over the same route then nothing for 2-4 hours.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
But they'd each make more money if they shared information so that they could distribute their buses evenly.

Sounds like what we actually need is more free market.

*wheels fall off all buses*

huh...

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

smellmycheese posted:

i do wonder what his politics are, such an inscrutable and enigmatic genius isn't he :allears:

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
I a lurker, I know, but my kid has just come out to me and I'm so proud and love him so much I just want to shout from the rooftops. As you were.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shameless posted:

I a lurker, I know, but my kid has just come out to me and I'm so proud and love him so much I just want to shout from the rooftops. As you were.

That's sweet. Congrats to your kid for having a cool parent

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

crispix posted:

i do wonder what his politics are, such an inscrutable and enigmatic genius isn't he :allears:

I’ve just deleted it. That’s me done.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Shameless posted:

Thanks for posting, and congratulations to yer young'un for feeling safe to come out to you.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

I want him to straight up try a Business Plot and then tread on a dozen rakes while planning it.

Shameless posted:

Congrats :toot:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

I want him to straight up try a Business Plot and then tread on a dozen rakes while planning it.

Attempting the business plot but somehow managing to bankrupt your coup.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Shameless posted:

Congrats on both your cool kid and also being a cool enough parent that they felt safe doing that!

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

A kid coming out to you then you wanting to tell the internet is a sign you're doing stuff right.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Jewish woman whose family died in the holocaust and who is protesting against the Israeli genocide of Palestinians arrested in London.

At the end where she gets arrested I can't hear what the arrest is for. Poster suggests probably public order. The wording of the tweet is tongue in cheek.

Quote: "Seems like metpoliceuk have apprehended one of the hate marchers that SuellaBraverman warned them about. It seems that the supporters of #Gazagenocide were right, central London is not a safe place for Jews, esp those whose family were killed in the Holocaust."

Twitter video

https://x.com/fahadansari/status/1721189970889605631?s=20

Shameless posted:

Congrats on being a caring parent.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Shameless posted:

You're great and so is your kid

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Shameless posted:

This made me smile, thank you.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Shameless posted:

You and your kid are both cool, for what that's worth coming from a middle-aged shitposter.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
they've probably been totally cool with it for ages.

but just crashed your car or something. and need to deflect.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Apology from 30p Lee for smearing Dr Tom Dolphin

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
£1870 Lee now

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK

NotJustANumber99 posted:

£1870 Lee now

Please Repost.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

smellmycheese posted:

Day or 2 after meeting with the conservatives, funny that.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Generously donating £1488 to the charity of his choice.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pablo Bluth posted:

Yes.

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Pablo Bluth posted:

One of my neighbours sets them off in the middle of our close every year, so there are explosions going off 10m from my windows, covering the cars and pedestrians in debris.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I like them, they’re cool and make big bangs

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I love fireworks. Even my dog doesn't seem to mind them and she's such a coward that she'd bark because she heard a car door being lightly closed three roads away.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Pablo Bluth posted:

Totally.
I live at the entrance of a small estate. Their 'clear skies' is towards my direction.
So the fuckers every year from Oct 1st to 31st (we don't do November 5th just Halloween) are constantly aiming them towards us.
Have had it a few times when the firework debris has hit my windows.
This year though they blew their wad the first week, Oct 1-5 had 90% of all fireworks for the full month, assholes prematurely ejaculated them upto 4am.
Then over the remaining weeks it was rear end in a top hat kids throwing them at cars and inside peoples letterboxes.
The police were constantly driving by, not doing much.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

It absolutely astonishes me in our “elf and safety gone mad” culture that members of the public can , once a year, walk into shops and buy aimable explosives which they can then detonate as they see fit. Ban the loving things.

Source: my poor wee dog last week :(

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Poor lil dude.

Luckily my small furry girl doesn't seem to give a shite about fireworks, but it's definitely made me more annoyed by the annual six weeks of constant explosions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
A bit of explosives based danger makes society more fun imo, much like aggressive dogs being off the leash (THIS IS A JOKE, I DO NOT INTEND TO START ANYTHING)