Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/WatchMarquee/status/1721262673948442684

Cool Kyle stays another year :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

THAT'S RIGHT

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
:cool: kyle

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the Cubs also refused to let the hottest talent go to free agency and are bringing back YAN GOMES.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
GOM(E)S

I think it's safe to say the Cubs have won the offseason and they haven't even acquired Ohtani, Bellinger, Matt Chapman and Yamamoto yet!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
shameful that kyle doesn't want to pitch in the playoffs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

now that he's back maybe it will be possible to buy a Kyle shirsey again.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 5, 2023

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

the Cubs also refused to let the hottest talent go to free agency and are bringing back YAN GOMES.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I don't think we have to worry about this one. SUPER easy pickup for the Cubs at $6 million.

:cool:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Braves as expected are kicking Brad Hand to the curb, someone will take a flyer on him but really looked like he was toast.

More substantively, they're probably ditching Eddie Rosario, good guy but you gotta get a little bit more out of a corner OF spot. Probably will keep Charlie Morton, not like there's a ton of options out there to eat those innings.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Oopsie wrong thread

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao: I did not make the cutoff. Motherfucker showed up late, they got to 600 tickets handed out, I got within 10 feet of the front doors and they said nope its over

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1720766954430996491

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

that's disgusting

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Hell yeah. This cannot possibly ever go wrong.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

Shinjobi posted:

:lmao: I did not make the cutoff. Motherfucker showed up late, they got to 600 tickets handed out, I got within 10 feet of the front doors and they said nope its over

The Curse of the Shinjobi

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Marlins hired Rays' GM Peter Bendix to be their POBO.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38828225/sources-marlins-hire-rays-exec-peter-bendix-run-baseball-ops

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1721325657014034439

Who needs a throwing arm anyway.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Mansby and Nico won Gold Gloves :smuggo:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

"So, tell me your plan to win major league baseball games without ever spending any money"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Going from the Rays to the Marlins is such a weird move. You're telling me a real team wouldn't hire this guy?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Going from the Rays to the Marlins is such a weird move. You're telling me a real team wouldn't hire this guy?
It's a step up in title, from the #2 person to the #1 person. FO people do that all the time, and going to a "bad" team is a challenge and resume building opportunity for them.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Giminez and Kwan both getting Gold Gloves again, nice.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Wait Happ won again lmao

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bregor posted:

Mansby and Nico won Gold Gloves :smuggo:

Ian Happ too.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1721339335776047237

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Wow Mookie snubbed very rude imo

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

They don't give GGs to DHs sorry to be the one to tell you bawfuls.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

When did they start giving a general Gold Glove to utility players

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol mauricio dubon wins a gold glove

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ian Happ had that one game were he threw out two runners at home plate and that won him a GG.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

Ian Happ had that one game were he threw out two runners at home plate and that won him a GG.

He did lead all LF in assists in 2023

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

When did they start giving a general Gold Glove to utility players
some point in the last 5 years or so I think

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Three. Three Rangers Gold Gloves. Ah ah ah!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Three. Three Rangers Gold Gloves. Ah ah ah!

More importantly, three cubs.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I kinda hate all these new pitch names, gtfo with your splinkers and sweepers.

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

Well Played Mauer posted:

If I ever go to Japan I'm gonna eat at KFC once. It's such a thing over there but here it's considered dogshit garbage. The recipe's gotta be different, right?

maffew buildings posted:

Some of the folks I deployed with said KFC was way better and actually good over there. I didn't have KFC, but McDonalds was far higher quality than it is in the US. Then again I hadn't had US fast food for over a decade at the time and I still couldn't finish a Big Mac because it tasted like chemicals and horrible, but ymmv.

I lived in Japan from 1988-1991 as a kid (pre-teen) and our city only had McDonald's and KFC at the time in terms of big American chains (there was also a hot dog place and a pizza place and a donut place but I don't think any of those 3 were from actual American chains... at least not prominent nationwide ones)...

My family was more into Wendy's than either McD's or KFC at the time we moved over, but I think only Tokyo at the time (maybe Osaka, too?) had Wendy's then. I guess this was pre-Subway being everywhere internationally as well.

I was mostly into chicken mcnuggets and fries at the time and was having them more in Japan than in the states (my little sister took a lot longer than the rest of us to adjust to the local food beyond steamed rice). I was having some McD's during summer vacation back in the states, though. From what I remember, the chicken and fries were pretty much identical at the time. Nowadays the quality may have diverged more.

Main difference I remember is that they had a teriyaki burger option year round in Japan vs that being a special limited time thing in the states once or twice, IIRC?

Anyway, never really ate at KFC that much back in the states back then so no way to compare the Japanese KFC experience to it but I've heard on YouTube that Canadian and Irish KFCs have their differences from the US version. I think some drama happened between the Colonel and the corporate office at some point and that ended up with kinda split paths for different parts of the franchise? So yeah, sounds quite possible that Japanese KFC is different / better.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
My Japan McDonalds experience was being 16 years old and drunk in Tokyo and getting a Shaka Shaka chicken. It was a giant McNugget or maybe just a chicken patty that came in a bag and you got a flavour pack to pour in and shake it around. It was amazing, but then again, 16 and drunk

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

LongTimeFirstTime posted:

I think some drama happened between the Colonel and the corporate office at some point and that ended up with kinda split paths for different parts of the franchise? So yeah, sounds quite possible that Japanese KFC is different / better.

See them in here mostly in connection to baseball episodes, for obvious reasons, but the Col. Sanders episode is one of the Dollop’s absolute finest: https://youtu.be/Z5PJbEImeQQ?si=QMXWfNckvKd_aq9n

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/2008Philz/status/1721514581124620386

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

My Japan McDonalds experience was being 16 years old and drunk in Tokyo and getting a Shaka Shaka chicken. It was a giant McNugget or maybe just a chicken patty that came in a bag and you got a flavour pack to pour in and shake it around. It was amazing, but then again, 16 and drunk

That's wild. Mmmmm... giant mcnugget sandwich...

elentar posted:

See them in here mostly in connection to baseball episodes, for obvious reasons, but the Col. Sanders episode is one of the Dollop’s absolute finest: https://youtu.be/Z5PJbEImeQQ?si=QMXWfNckvKd_aq9n

Thanks for the link!

I think the stuff I was referencing was from one of those random YouTube channels about the business of fast food franchising... and the episode of Glen and Friends Cooking about trying to recreate all the secret herbs and spices in KFC's original recipe fried chicken breading.