Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/11/05/sunday-preview-christmas-army-boxes-are-the-best-presents-around/

The Christmas battle boxes, they're early. Really early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

I wonder if this is the last big release of the year.

Feels like GW are in a bit of a tailspin to get stuff out with Kill Team and Imperalis being so delayed.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I decided to kitbash a second Shrike with a pose that'd work better with the new Jump Pack Intercessors. He's finally all glued together now, with the exception of the backpack.

Legs are from the Lieutenant in Reiver Armor; unfortunately I wasn't able to find an easy way to transpose the back-of-calf jets from Shrike to those legs because the calf armor is a different shape; I could have done it earlier in the process with some sculpting probably but I'd put him together to the point where it'd have been awkward by the time I realized that's what I'd have needed to do. I'm not entirely sold on the ankle claws, but it's too late to change that now.

Base needs work, obviously.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

That looks fantastic. I think only the right ankle claw is a bit out of place. The is so much forward momentum to the pose that it feels a bit weird to have it facing towards the front. That is such a small detail I wouldn't stress it one bit. The guy looks like he's putting every bit of his power into a tackle, very dynamic. Also 10/10 is a beakie. Good job!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is there an index somewhere of like Citadel X paint = X pain in Vallejo = X paint in Army Painter paint etc?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://redgrimm.github.io/paint-conversion/

I do have this one in my bookmarks.

Then there's also the ancient chart on dakka;
https://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart
But it, as I said, ancient and woefully outdated. But good to have when dealing with the older Citadel paints.

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015
That Shrike looks really cool!

I just finished painting this rear end in a top hat, my Minotaurs Terminator Captain. I tried to make him look like an old dying shithead, to go with the Minotaurs vibe.

Just the Chaplain to go now and I'll have a painted combat patrol. The old leftover DA terminator I have looked more suited to be a chaplain, rather than the librarian he should be. The blue would've clashed a bit with the rest of the patrol anyway.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Cooked Auto posted:

The Christmas battle boxes, they're early. Really early.

interesting. this timing makes a lot more sense for actually purchasing as holiday gifts, if nothing else.

was hoping i’d have more pay checks to prep for impulse decision making, alas…

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Cooked Auto posted:

https://redgrimm.github.io/paint-conversion/

I do have this one in my bookmarks.

Then there's also the ancient chart on dakka;
https://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart
But it, as I said, ancient and woefully outdated. But good to have when dealing with the older Citadel paints.

Awesome, thank you.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Paragon8 posted:

Feels like GW are in a bit of a tailspin to get stuff out with Kill Team and Imperalis being so delayed.

Idk what you consider a big release but necron and admech codexes are supposed to be fall 2023.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Work continues on my Warsmith:

I think I'll drill through the shoulder and sink a pin in, it's just attached with green stuff at the moment.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Paragon8 posted:

We're also, at least in theory, supposed to get some final Heresy releases this year -- assault beakies with jump packs and a set (sets?) of plastic melee weapons.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 5, 2023

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Decorus posted:

That Shrike looks really cool!

I just finished painting this rear end in a top hat, my Minotaurs Terminator Captain. I tried to make him look like an old dying shithead, to go with the Minotaurs vibe.

Just the Chaplain to go now and I'll have a painted combat patrol. The old leftover DA terminator I have looked more suited to be a chaplain, rather than the librarian he should be. The blue would've clashed a bit with the rest of the patrol anyway.

Nice, very Blanche!

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Stephenls posted:

We're also, at least in theory, supposed to get some final Heresy releases this year -- assault beakies with jump packs and a set (sets?) of plastic melee weapons.

Kill Team had an Autumn release slot and with today's preorders that's closed. I don't think we'll be seeing more heresy in 2023. Maybe we'll see them previewed at the event this month.

jassi007 posted:

Idk what you consider a big release but necron and admech codexes are supposed to be fall 2023.

I think they'll probably be Jan/Feb but I guess they did have their one new model previewed so maybe they'll sneak into December. GW doesn't really do much in Decembers as far as new releases go.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Paragon8 posted:

Kill Team had an Autumn release slot and with today's preorders that's closed. I don't think we'll be seeing more heresy in 2023. Maybe we'll see them previewed at the event this month.

I think they'll probably be Jan/Feb but I guess they did have their one new model previewed so maybe they'll sneak into December. GW doesn't really do much in Decembers as far as new releases go.

KT could still make an Autumn pre-order. I'm not certain if GW use that date or in-store date, or if it's even consistent.

Meanwhile the Necron book at least is confirmed before xmas:
"The new Overlord will be joining Imotekh the Stormlord – himself freshly updated – when Codex: Necrons rises from its tomb later this year."

Just prior to this article there was a rumour which said the next three pre-orders are: Battleforces, AdMech & Necrons, LI

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Paragon8 posted:

I would agree with you about all of this, but they normally set Christmas battleboxes to go on sale in December. Releasing them in November this year might mean they're doing some sort of accelerated release schedule to fit extra products in at the end of the year to hit a quarterly goal.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Stephenls posted:

There's also a plastic mystery army on the 30k roadmap. Smart money has it as solar aux since they've been digitized and minimized for Legions Imperialis. The couple of rumors floating around say it'll just be more tanks and the infantry will stay resin. Hopefully that bit's not true, but we'll see.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Does anyone know if there is an official (Or unofficial) conversion kit for the Sisters Rhino to turn them into immolators?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Sisters Rhinos are the Mars pattern Rhino (aka original Space Marine Rhino) with some extra bits to make the doors look like a Deimos Rhino. The Immolator, Exorcist and Castigator have a new Deimos chassis and their top parts are roof specific so it's not very easy to swap to one because you have to replace the whole roof. There are is an STL or two floating around to cover the top hatch of an Immolator and turn it into a Rhino though.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
The old Immolator kit could be swapped back and forth pretty easily & you also used to be able to grab Baal Predator sponson bits to do a flamer Immolator, but GW added a hull-mounted heavy bolter which the old kits and new rhinos don't have.

An Immolator is basically a Sisters Razorback, so there may be something there too if you can get a Razorback turret and add another heavy bolter in a way that looks good.

Nancy fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 6, 2023

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Does anyone have a spare Assault Intercessor arm from the Indomitus set? Specifically the right arm that isn’t holding anything. I want it for an idea I’ve been toying with, but they’re hard to find online now.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Well that's a bummer but also cool. I had the old style immolator and it was just a rhino with a putter sister shooting two flamers attached to a tiny shield.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Lostconfused posted:

They look like terran marines.

loving hell it's true.
Brôkhyr Thunderkyn and the Hearthkyn Warriors have great proportions so I'm not sure what the hell happened. Actually come to think of it, design wise are the Hearthguard supposed to essentially be higher tech Thunderkyn? i.e. they have limb extensions?

I've got to find some Epic inspired vehicles for my squats. I'm not sure what a 40k force usually consists of for Votann given only half the range has been released, so I guess that gives me time to figure things out.

Here's my current Dwarven force:
1x Brôkhyr Iron-Master
1x Grimnyr
1x Grendl Grendlsen
1x Ragnir Gunnstein
8x Ironhead Squat Prospectors
2x Vartijan Exo-Driller
30+x Custom Dwarves

Nothing super impressive so far, but I figure it'll be up to par soon enough.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Has anyone ever found a good tutorial on how to make ship sails? Or very large banners that I can scale up?

I've got a freebooterz ship and it's time to hoist some bullshit up on it.

Also any ideas where to shop for a cheap clear acrylic rod I can shove up its bildge to make it look like it's flying? This thing is going to be decently heavy so I've got to figure out a base to plug the rod into as well

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Can a Wraithlord use Fated Hero* and a Spiritseer attached to them use The Weeping Stones** to generate 2 Fate Dice on a unit kill? Seems like it's fine but I am playing someone new to me this week and also have not run with this combo before, so I don't want to bring an interaction that's not legit to the battle.

*Fated Hero - Each time this model destroys an enemy unit, roll one D6 and add it to your Fate dice pool displaying the result you just rolled.

**The Weeping Stones - Aeldari model only. Each time the bearer’s unit destroys an enemy unit, roll one D6 and add it to your Fate dice pool displaying the result you just rolled

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

The Demilich posted:

Has anyone ever found a good tutorial on how to make ship sails? Or very large banners that I can scale up?

Also any ideas where to shop for a cheap clear acrylic rod I can shove up its bildge to make it look like it's flying? This thing is going to be decently heavy so I've got to figure out a base to plug the rod into as well

Amazon has lots of clear acrylic rods for sale. You will end up with more than you need but they can be useful for other things.

https://www.amazon.com/Acrylic-Craf...GhlbWF0aWM&th=1

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

The Demilich posted:

loving hell it's true.
Brôkhyr Thunderkyn and the Hearthkyn Warriors have great proportions so I'm not sure what the hell happened. Actually come to think of it, design wise are the Hearthguard supposed to essentially be higher tech Thunderkyn? i.e. they have limb extensions?

I've got to find some Epic inspired vehicles for my squats. I'm not sure what a 40k force usually consists of for Votann given only half the range has been released, so I guess that gives me time to figure things out.

Here's my current Dwarven force:
1x Brôkhyr Iron-Master
1x Grimnyr
1x Grendl Grendlsen
1x Ragnir Gunnstein
8x Ironhead Squat Prospectors
2x Vartijan Exo-Driller
30+x Custom Dwarves

Nothing super impressive so far, but I figure it'll be up to par soon enough.
I think the Hearthguard are essentially supposed to be Votann Terminators with what can be completely sealed power armoured suits. I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility that they'd have extra bits in the arms and legs that are similar to the exo-frames since their armour is called exo armour.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

The Demilich posted:

What dimensions do you need? If you know any X-wing players they should have some spares.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

tangy yet delightful posted:

Can a Wraithlord use Fated Hero* and a Spiritseer attached to them use The Weeping Stones** to generate 2 Fate Dice on a unit kill? Seems like it's fine but I am playing someone new to me this week and also have not run with this combo before, so I don't want to bring an interaction that's not legit to the battle.

sure if you want. seems like a wasteful way to spend 80 points, though.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Cease to Hope posted:

sure if you want. seems like a wasteful way to spend 80 points, though.

It's a mix of filling out final points, using what models I have, and admittedly trying the unorthodox spiritseer+WL combo. I could have him footslog with my wraithblades instead and/or drop the Weeping Stones and stick the Phoenix Gem on my Autarch leaving a barebones Spiritseer with the WL or WBs.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

tangy yet delightful posted:

It's a mix of filling out final points, using what models I have, and admittedly trying the unorthodox spiritseer+WL combo. I could have him footslog with my wraithblades instead and/or drop the Weeping Stones and stick the Phoenix Gem on my Autarch leaving a barebones Spiritseer with the WL or WBs.

phoenix gem winged autarch is incredibly good, like in the running for best lone op in the entire game good. spiritseers are much better with WB or WG because the resurrections are half of their value.

wraithlords are just kind of a mess this edition. plus, attaching a spiritseer to them opens you up to anti-infantry and anti-psyker.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

xtothez posted:

KT could still make an Autumn pre-order. I'm not certain if GW use that date or in-store date, or if it's even consistent.

Meanwhile the Necron book at least is confirmed before xmas:
"The new Overlord will be joining Imotekh the Stormlord – himself freshly updated – when Codex: Necrons rises from its tomb later this year."

Just prior to this article there was a rumour which said the next three pre-orders are: Battleforces, AdMech & Necrons, LI

Good spot on the necron date!

I guess KT in Autumn depends if we're doing winter starting on the 1st of Dec or on Solstice

Stephenls posted:

I would agree with you about all of this, but they normally set Christmas battleboxes to go on sale in December. Releasing them in November this year might mean they're doing some sort of accelerated release schedule to fit extra products in at the end of the year to hit a quarterly goal.

Possibly or they moved it up because they had to push back other releases

I guess we'll see in the next couple of week. I'm mostly just bummed out because I was really looking forward to KT.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Virtual Russian posted:

Thanks!

https://imgur.com/gallery/LyrtFU3

That is the guide I very loosely followed. You can tell I skipped the last couple steps as I feel they push the distressing of the leather too far into a marble or stone-like look. I did some very sloppy and very light drybrushing with my oldest, most destroyed dry brush instead to try to get distressing that felt more to scale.

Thanks for that, much appreciated!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Working on more models today

Probably the most obvious conversion I could do asides from the cowboy hat I'm putting on my Kelermorph. But this is for a Genestealer Locus. Might change his cane to be a club if I can find something long enough.

I also grabbed some Hive Scum at the weekend and they mix with Cult parts so well.

Nice additions to my freak squad

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

BadLlama posted:

Is there an index somewhere of like Citadel X paint = X pain in Vallejo = X paint in Army Painter paint etc?

I use the paintRack app (full feature version with the color tools cost like 5bux which I had saved up from google surveys. I think the free version only lets you maintain your paint inventory/shopping list) which can show analogues, color-match from pictures, etc

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Virtual Russian posted:

X-posting from painting thread

Hey check out this converted Vostroyan Officer I'm working on! He's going to be commanding my bombast artillery gun in my Vostroyan combat patrol. I've got some touch ups to do, photos always reveal them... but he's 95% done. No basing because he's going into the gun team. I'm thinking of painting the liner of his coat a beige or something far lighter to give a bit more contrast, he's very brown.

He's a kit-bash of these guys, plus some sculpting.

Just wanted to say this is a truly great conversion, I have never ever liked the look of that Scion greatcoat bit in any other situation except this, but something about how you've fitted it on there are positioned the right arm (presumably sculpting it entirely) just makes it look more natural, in a way I don't think the stock Scion leader does. Well done!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The models are at different angles, but it's the coat collar. On the conversion it looks close enough to make it look like the coat is being worn, instead of just floating there on the game workshop sculpt. Or a stiff high collar just doesn't look good if it's not framing the head properly.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com...us-and-necrons/

The new Necron and AdMech Combat patrols have been unveiled.

But it also comes with some more rules previews:

Also, the new AdMech box won't replace the old one.

quote:

The Combat Patrol rules for Purge Corps Deltic-9 will be available as a free download closer to the release date. The existing rules for the current Adeptus Mechanicus Combat Patrol – Maniple Verask-Alpha – aren’t going anywhere, either. You’ll be able to field both forces in Combat Patrol games, whether you pick them up as boxed sets or individual kits.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
New combat patrols! Mechanicus and Necrons!

https://x.com/warhammer/status/1721531703204728844?s=20

The adeptus mechanicus one looks incredible, I might actually get it! I love the fat dude! the horses and flyers look so awesome!

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
admech patrol is 260 points lol (current one is 385, the lowest of any)