Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Something I read and will not fact check:

Mr Beast gets more views on his videos than any tv show. Sponsors can’t afford to sponsor his videos anymore because that many views of an ad is worth more money than they can afford to spend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Trabant posted:

Jesus gently caress :psylon:

how powerful were these UV lights agggh

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

freeedr posted:

Mr Beast gets more views on his videos than any tv show. Sponsors can’t afford to sponsor his videos anymore because that many views of an ad is worth more money than they can afford to spend.
[X] Doubt

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

Maybe even most people under 30.

God damnit. Ya got me.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

LOL this is what happened to the Blade 2 crew in the Czech Republic when they shot the blood bank scene. The art department found a bunch of "cool looking blue lamps" in the basement of the old hospital they were shooting in and used them in the production design (you can seem them hanging from the ceiling in the opening of the movie). The crew started suffering burning, tearing eyes and the on-set medics couldn't figure out what was going on. They finally brought in a Czech doctor who explained to them that the lamps were Soviet-era UV disinfectant lamps that were used instead of expensive antibacterial cleaning products. You turn the lamps on, leave loving room, and an hour later the room is sanitized. They wrapped shooting for the day and everyone went back to their hotel rooms to lay down in the dark and hope they didn't go blind. There weren't any permanent injuries but a bunch of people reported the top layer of skin on their eyeballs peeling off over the next day or two.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Dillbag posted:

LOL this is what happened to the Blade 2 crew in the Czech Republic when they shot the blood bank scene. The art department found a bunch of "cool looking blue lamps" in the basement of the old hospital they were shooting in and used them in the production design (you can seem them hanging from the ceiling in the opening of the movie). The crew started suffering burning, tearing eyes and the on-set medics couldn't figure out what was going on. They finally brought in a Czech doctor who explained to them that the lamps were Soviet-era UV disinfectant lamps that were used instead of expensive antibacterial cleaning products. You turn the lamps on, leave loving room, and an hour later the room is sanitized. They wrapped shooting for the day and everyone went back to their hotel rooms to lay down in the dark and hope they didn't go blind. There weren't any permanent injuries but a bunch of people reported the top layer of skin on their eyeballs peeling off over the next day or two.

There's been incidents of this happening with the old metal-halide lights that used to be really common for lighting gyms and sports fields and big venues like that, the bulbs pumped out tons of UV, which was supposed to be filtered out by a coating in the bulb, occasionally that coating would break down and a bunch of people would wonder why they had sunburns after attending an indoor basketball game or w/e.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

freeedr posted:

The only thing I know about Mr. Beast is really his immense popularity. But nothing I do seems to have any crossover with him. He appears in no ads, no videos of his are recommended, etc. My relationship toward this guy is like if I had never seen Facebook but occasionally people mention how popular it is.

Same with that Tate guy. Like, half the world seems to adore him, but the only thing I've heard of him is from goons who tell me he's super popular with kids and also involved in human trafficking -- which always seems to be like a secondary thing I feel like that should be what he's most known for.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

Dillbag posted:

So that's what Wesley Snipes was up to in Blade 3

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Last time I heard he tated himself into romanian prison. Did he tate himself out?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

Last time I heard he tated himself into romanian prison. Did he tate himself out?

What exactly did you hear?

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

credburn posted:

The only thing I know about Mr. Beast is really his immense popularity. But nothing I do seems to have any crossover with him. He appears in no ads, no videos of his are recommended, etc. My relationship toward this guy is like if I had never seen Facebook but occasionally people mention how popular it is.

Same with that Tate guy. Like, half the world seems to adore him, but the only thing I've heard of him is from goons who tell me he's super popular with kids and also involved in human trafficking -- which always seems to be like a secondary thing I feel like that should be what he's most known for.

I'm only familiar with LA Beast but this Mr. Beast sounds awful

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Apparently I just preemptively blocked Mr. Beast at some point because he's never shown up in my video feed. But every time I open youtube with a blank profile on a work machine or something, his punchable face is sitting right there at the top. Every single time.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/oSHsW5o.mp4

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Aramoro posted:

What exactly did you hear?

Greta nuclear ultra trolled him into tating himself into the hands of GRETA, who didn't like his human trafficking habits much, then off to jail with him. Please don't tell me the story takes a twist after that.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Karate Bastard posted:

The Romanian authorities are currently assembling their case against him and he remains under house arrest. There's apparently so much bullshit to line up that it's liable to take a while before it makes it to court.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dillbag posted:

Here's a link to the scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TpOgCneqPE
My experience of Blade II went something like:
Guy goes into a blood bank waiting room that is being bathed with a dozen giant, almost comically telegraphed hospital-grade UV lights. This must be some kind of post-veil scenario where at least some people know vampires exist so the blood bank is protected by anti-vampire lamps. Cool, cool, very on board for this. This weird pale guy looks all sick, he must be a vampire being affected by the UV here to rob the blood bank. Ah, they're pretending they don't know he's a vampire so they can capture him or something, I bet Blade is going to Blade at him, the doctor must be Blade's new Blade friend.

Wait, they're the vampires? And he's some kind of something else? Maybe the point of that scene was to show that this guy is a bit vulnerable to daylight but not much. Yeah, because Blade is the daywalker but this guy is some kind of twilight walker deal. That makes sense. But why were the vampires zapping their own waiting room with UV? To keep out rival vampires? Oh, he's some kind of mutant, they must have been trying to hurt this guy because they knew he was coming but he was stronger than they thought. No... they're saying this is the first they heard of him. Obviously they're lying to throw Blade off the case...

(and so on)

Me after the film: "I had a hard time keeping track of all the sub-plots and I still don't get how the vampire doctor lady was able to walk through the anti-vampire waiting room safely."
My friends: "...what?"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Just to be clear, Wesley Snipes did not, as best as I can tell, go to Romanian prison for trafficking women.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

TACD posted:

Wait the ape guys are still around? Lmao that’s got to be a pretty exclusive club at this point

Blind Ape Yacht Club

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bridge named after trailblazing female pilot passes over road named after man who didn't want her to fly.

The dude is dead and still has a road named after him though so it's not like he's hurting.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Splicer posted:

Guy goes into a blood bank waiting room that is being bathed with a dozen giant, almost comically telegraphed hospital-grade UV lights. This must be some kind of post-veil scenario where at least some people know vampires exist so the blood bank is protected by anti-vampire lamps. Cool, cool, very on board for this. This weird pale guy looks all sick, he must be a vampire being affected by the UV here to rob the blood bank. Ah, they're pretending they don't know he's a vampire so they can capture him or something, I bet Blade is going to Blade at him, the doctor must be Blade's new Blade friend.

Wait, they're the vampires? And he's some kind of something else? Maybe the point of that scene was to show that this guy is a bit vulnerable to daylight but not much. Yeah, because Blade is the daywalker but this guy is some kind of twilight walker deal. That makes sense. But why were the vampires zapping their own waiting room with UV? To keep out rival vampires? Oh, he's some kind of mutant, they must have been trying to hurt this guy because they knew he was coming but he was stronger than they thought. No... they're saying this is the first they heard of him. Obviously they're lying to throw Blade off the case...

(and so on)

Me after the film: "I had a hard time keeping track of all the sub-plots and I still don't get how the vampire doctor lady was able to walk through the anti-vampire waiting room safely."

I think my experience was,”…this is terrible…was that a flying elbow drop?…ohmagodthevampimeranian!…”

At least, that’s how I remember it. I still love the monstrous pomeranian, but that mutation or whatever still made no sense to me, even in a movie with vampires and daywalkers and poo poo. I think they tried to have fantasy science stuff and I always expect people getting paid to make up pretend science to do better on design stuff.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
What's to get about the mutation? Since when has "Science goes horribly wrong" ever had to make sense? The only difference is that this time it happened to vampires instead of humans.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

credburn posted:

All my local supermarkets are stocking Mr Beast branded chocolate bars, he's expanding beyond the internet and into daily life

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bored posted:

I think my experience was,”…this is terrible…was that a flying elbow drop?…ohmagodthevampimeranian!…”

At least, that’s how I remember it. I still love the monstrous pomeranian, but that mutation or whatever still made no sense to me, even in a movie with vampires and daywalkers and poo poo. I think they tried to have fantasy science stuff and I always expect people getting paid to make up pretend science to do better on design stuff.

I think the Pomeranian was in Blade 3, which is terrible. Blade 2 is the other good one

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Splicer posted:

(and so on)

O.K. but did you consider that perhaps everyone involved in the making of the film was exceptionally ignorant?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

haveblue posted:

I think the Pomeranian was in Blade 3, which is terrible.

Blade: Trinity also had Wesley Snipes going absolutely bugfuck crazy behind the scenes (and sometimes in front of the cameras) and the film itself was awful but Patton Oswalt's stories about working on it are great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCxIqGrmbj4

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Apparently I just preemptively blocked Mr. Beast at some point because he's never shown up in my video feed. But every time I open youtube with a blank profile on a work machine or something, his punchable face is sitting right there at the top. Every single time.

There's something so goddamn uncanny about his face in these thumbnails.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Can't wait for the $1 vs $100,000 blowjob video

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Spalec posted:

I think more than anything it's the insanely white-shifted teeth. Like they pop out of every image in a very unnatural way. Also looks like he's permanently frozen in that punchable expression.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

DarkDobe posted:

I think more than anything it's the insanely white-shifted teeth. Like they pop out of every image in a very unnatural way. Also looks like he's permanently frozen in that punchable expression.

He looks like that in real life too. Dead, empty eyes and a strained smile.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Spalec posted:

One of his staff has photoshopped the gently caress out of those thumbnails, blurring the skin on his face to make it look smooth and whitening his teeth and eyes to an unnatural degree. They can change thumbnails on youtube videos after they've gone live and I've noticed that some youtubers have a tendency to change up their thumnails if they're not getting enough hits so I'm sure Mr Beast's production team has carefully studied which of his thumnbails get more/quicker clicks and have systematically altered them to gamify maximum audience interaction. His channel pulls in at least $50 million annually so you can be certain that absolutely nothing about the thumbnail is accidental

One youtuber I follow has really squinty eyes and he sometimes clumsily photoshops his thumbail image to widen his eyes and it also looks real weird

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 07:23 on Nov 6, 2023

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Happy Landfill posted:

Maybe it's time to move to Vivaldi :sigh:

I've been slowly migrating from Opera to Vivaldi and so far no complaints.

FreudianSlippers posted:

A lot of people watch more Youtube than movies or TV.

Maybe even most people under 30.

I usually have a window up in my 2nd monitor at work and have crap like reactions or video game essays playing. Plus 15 years of funny/cool/interesting videos I've enjoyed over time. I'd definitely miss it if it disappeared tomorrow or something.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

DarkDobe posted:

His skin looks weirdly smooth too, like those Blu-rays that did ridiculously aggressive DNR and made everyone look like a waxwork of themselves.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

TACD posted:

Wait the ape guys are still around? Lmao that’s got to be a pretty exclusive club at this point

Just a buncha dudes, desperately telling each other their apes will be worth something, someday

Salami Surgeon posted:

So that's what Wesley Snipes was up to in Blade 3

I wouldn't open my eyes either.

I just wouldn't!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Biplane posted:

He looks like that in real life too. Dead, empty eyes and a strained smile.

Well at this point he's a burned out husk Engagement Fleshmech

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

QR Code Geass posted:

I'm only familiar with LA Beast but this Mr. Beast sounds awful

HAVE A GOOD DAY

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Yeah the content of all the big youtubers seems so forced and generated. Give me "random person talks about his cool niche hobby and tells you what they're doing as they're doing it" any day. Anything beats the bullshit "we made the world's largest pile of sugar and what happened next will astound you (feat killer ants)" clickbait crap.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Drone_Fragger posted:

Yeah the content of all the big youtubers seems so forced and generated. Give me "random person talks about his cool niche hobby and tells you what they're doing as they're doing it" any day. Anything beats the bullshit "we made the world's largest pile of sugar and what happened next will astound you (feat killer ants)" clickbait crap.

A lot of that is specifically MrBeast's fault iirc. He gets the most clicks, so ~The Algorithm~ puts the highest value on anything similar abd everyone who wants any monetization has to play to that with their video titles.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

Just to be clear, Wesley Snipes did not, as best as I can tell, go to Romanian prison for trafficking women.

I really thought that was what was being said.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Drone_Fragger posted:

You want AdamantIT. The Bob Ross of computer repair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Is Mr beast the Prime energy drink guy?

:corsair: