Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
watching the race now

lol

lmao

thank god for Ferrari or this sport would be unwatchable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

:aliexpress: :lando: :alonso:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
e: dumb website

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
there we go

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Fernando Alonso is the greatest loving race car driver of all time. Everyone is absolute dogshit in comparison.

Lando is the new Nick Heidfeld

Someone please take George Russell skiing off piste

You never disappoint, Ferrari

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lando is a fail british person and hes also good friends with the frog

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Aphex- posted:

lol what even happened with the mercs

Car eats it’s tires, floor working incorrectly, ride height too high.

I also think the engine simply isn’t very good - or rather the Honda and Ferrari are better now. During the Perez-Alonso battle for example Fernando’s engine was clipping at the end of straights and using way more electrical power.

Frond fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 6, 2023

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

tony quidtana posted:

Their cars are bad. hth op.

Had Tsunoda not spun and had a slow pit stop he likely would have also caught Hamilton. They were legitimately slower than the Alpha Tauris here.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Frond posted:

I also think the engine simply isn’t very good - or rather the Honda and Ferrari are better now. During the Perez-Alonso battle for example Fernando’s engine was clipping at the end of straights and using way more electrical power.

do they release telemetry or something that shows this?

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

The only person who can do their own strat is Sainz

Nando does double-duty as team strategist, he formulates plans on the fly by watching the spectator screens while driving and computing complex scenarios which he feeds back to the team to let them know

That is why he is indeed Magic

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

I think red bull nailing the floor has given it such a huge advantage that the red bull engineers are probably laughing at the bullshit other teams have to go through. Floor doesn't work so you gotta play with downforce on the top side of the car, fucks up the balance, increases drag and makes the car a pig to drive when the floor is stalling out randomly. Raise the ride height so the floor is not stalling out, loose ground effect downforce and the cycle continues.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Wow the mercs were just embarrassing this week.

Happy for Lando and Alonso, what an awesome finish.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Alaois posted:

George saying after the restart "I'm not going to challenge Lewis, we need to work together" and then a lap later asking to be let past should be the breaking point

• Says he's not going to challenge
  • Whines about Hamilton being too slow one lap later, asks to challenge
  • A couple laps later he falls out of DRS range of the teammate he said was too slow, iirc in part because he forgot to use DRS on one straight
  • Gets overtaken, blames Hamilton

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

this is unrelated to your post but is your av referencing that random song that came with windows xp?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

the milk machine posted:

do they release telemetry or something that shows this?

There was a few graphics on screen. But they’ve (Mercedes-Benz powered cars) have been doing this all year.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

tony quidtana posted:

I think red bull nailing the floor has given it such a huge advantage that the red bull engineers are probably laughing at the bullshit other teams have to go through. Floor doesn't work so you gotta play with downforce on the top side of the car, fucks up the balance, increases drag and makes the car a pig to drive when the floor is stalling out randomly. Raise the ride height so the floor is not stalling out, loose ground effect downforce and the cycle continues.

Mercedes-Benz, at least currently, seems to have no idea what is wrong with the car.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
It seems like the sprint weekends often have at least one team just messing up the setup entirely due to only having one practice session

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Phone posted:

there we go

mods, can you make this my username pls

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

Mercedes-Benz, at least currently, seems to have no idea what is wrong with the car.

thats kind of why I think their floor is hosed. they have to make all these compromises to make the car competitive and it just completely loving falls apart randomly like it did today

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Maybe as opposed to a sprint they just have a 30 minute and 1 hour race on Saturday-Sunday.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Just give them real tires and presto, the Grand Prix becomes a giant sprint

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I’d like shorter races it’s done wonders for Super Formula.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
George Russell has 1 podium this year.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

Maybe as opposed to a sprint they just have a 30 minute and 1 hour race on Saturday-Sunday.

I'm pretty firmly of the opinion that if you killed any sort of pit stop and just had a 45minute to 1 hour race and you're stuck with whatever tire you chose that would produce far more compelling racing since you'd force people into errors and having to manage their tires versus just driving to a delta until those tires are done and then resetting onto whatever tires you want. But I'm also pretty convinced that the average F1 fan would want to go full American school shooter on me for even suggesting that so I doubt we're ever going to get that

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

tony quidtana posted:

I'm pretty firmly of the opinion that if you killed any sort of pit stop and just had a 45minute to 1 hour race and you're stuck with whatever tire you chose that would produce far more compelling racing since you'd force people into errors and having to manage their tires versus just driving to a delta until those tires are done and then resetting onto whatever tires you want. But I'm also pretty convinced that the average F1 fan would want to go full American school shooter on me for even suggesting that so I doubt we're ever going to get that

because it's a truly terrible idea

the only interesting strategy mid race is undercutting versus burning your tyres into the ground

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIttqxY9DVw

Angry Toto hates his cars.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

A portrait of this thread

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Pretty much no chance of Lewis catching Checo in the WDC now, huh?

And as long as we're sharing our bad ideas: Drivers should be able (and possibly required) to radio each other some number of times during each race, with every message being broadcast. This would be a very tacky and "impure" addition to the sport, but it might make things more interesting as Max wins every race by 30+ seconds for the next 8 years.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
In RIC's post-race interview he says they were expecting to have him and PIA unlap before the restart as per rules but the Race Director for whatever reason wasnt having a bar of it
Pity because they both made up 30-40sec on the field which shows they had good race pace

#freeMasi

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

marshalljim posted:

Pretty much no chance of Lewis catching Checo in the WDC now, huh?

And as long as we're sharing our bad ideas: Drivers should be able (and possibly required) to radio each other some number of times during each race, with every message being broadcast. This would be a very tacky and "impure" addition to the sport, but it might make things more interesting as Max wins every race by 30+ seconds for the next 8 years.

Proximity voice chat

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

this is like taking a photo with the giant pile of poo poo from jurassic park

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

Proximity voice chat

if you are within drs range you are also within voice chat range

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

ROFLBOT posted:

In RIC's post-race interview he says they were expecting to have him and PIA unlap before the restart as per rules but the Race Director for whatever reason wasnt having a bar of it
Pity because they both made up 30-40sec on the field which shows they had good race pace

#freeMasi

yeah, that was BS. They could've made a great addition toall the excitement but were out of contention from the get go.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Chasing someone down in DRS zones and making fart sounds over the radio

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Grimson posted:

imagine the heated gamer moments max would have had in 2021 if this was in place

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Grimson posted:

Why doesn't this exist

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

a real chump posted:

Why doesn't this exist

add a soundboard to F1 steering wheels with pre-recorded effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ROFLBOT posted:

#freeMasi

lmao. keep up the clown show in the race director office.... maximum lols