Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also he might literally be Trump's half brother

hosed up that vince is the good brother and trump is the evil one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hosed up that vince is the competent brother and trump is the incompetent one

Fixed that for you.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOOD AND BAD *flexes into a hard pop*

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Cornwind Evil posted:

Flair's autobiography, released in 2002, gets more and more depressing with every passing day. He wrote it when he was still married to his second wife and things seemed fine (were they? Who knows) and while he talked about how he used to live like Ric Flair the gimmick all the time it seemed like he was winding down.

Like it's been said. Be careful who you pretend to be. ESPECIALLY if that person cannot function in actual reality.

Not too long ago I saw Ric Flair give a glimpse of what was in his fridge. It was basically a plug for his energy drink. He also said he drinks a ton of water because he also boozes. He talked about how he almost died recently from whatever that health scare was (something from his colon?) but he then said something that stood out to me, "The doctor said drink lots of water. He didn't say I couldn't drink alcohol."

Like, Ric...just because he didn't say you couldn't...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Not too long ago I saw Ric Flair give a glimpse of what was in his fridge. It was basically a plug for his energy drink. He also said he drinks a ton of water because he also boozes. He talked about how he almost died recently from whatever that health scare was (something from his colon?) but he then said something that stood out to me, "The doctor said drink lots of water. He didn't say I couldn't drink alcohol."

when ric flair was getting ready for his disastrous final match he had to visit 40 different doctors before finding one that was corrupt enough to medically clear him

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
nature boy doesnt respect doctors and hell he's still alive somehow so maybe he was right

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I mean, it's still better than drinking lots of booze WITHOUT water. As wrestlers go that seems shockingly sensible and down to earth.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
any wrestler from the 70's and 80's that is still alive is a medical marvel and must be studied for the good of mankind

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Ric gets hist test results for his liver enzymes and does the Flair Flop

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

any wrestler from the 70's and 80's that is still alive is a medical marvel and must be studied for the good of mankind

It's Monty Burns syndrome I'm sure of it

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you can thank DDP for keeping Jake "The Snake" Roberts alive

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Hulk Hogan is alive purely because of the sheer eldritch strength of the all-powerful lie he is telling regarding the status of his mortality brother

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Hulkamania is immortal

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

He had a bowel blockage, the complications of which also caused acute kidney failure, and he's now on dialysis for the rest of his life.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

mannerup posted:

It's pretty common amongst the wrestling community to believe DDP is a living saint for what he did for Jake and Scott Hall.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Sooner or later we're gonna see a wrestler all done up like Immortan Joe.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Those guys and the Rolling Stones are playing Keep Away with Death.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

MrQwerty posted:

Hulk Hogan is alive purely because of the sheer eldritch strength of the all-powerful lie he is telling regarding the status of his mortality brother

This. Hogan died around a decade or so ago he's just lying about being alive.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
When Howard Finkel announced him as the Immortal Hulk Hogan, he meant it. Hogan is the last Highlander.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Hulk Hogan is The Nameless One, berk jack!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Timby posted:

He had a bowel blockage, the complications of which also caused acute kidney failure, and he's now on dialysis for the rest of his life.

According to Google, you CAN drink alcohol if you are on dialysis. Wouldn't have thought that. Woo!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

There's also no medical advice saying you can't wrestle a 60 minute time limit match on dialysis *strips down to underwear and starts strutting* Woo!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

oh my god he no-sold the defibrillator!!!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also he might literally be Trump's half brother

He's also almost certainly Don Jr's biological father.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Going to interpret that last word here as specifically for the good of Mick Foley

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
tbs wouldnt let the briscoes be on tv but are a-ok with ric flair

:lol:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
flair draws, brother

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

mannerup posted:

same with Scott Hall, well for a while

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

AlmightyBob posted:

same with Scott Hall, well for a while
sad but not surprising that Hall relapsed during the lockdown period, absolutely brutal time for people in recovery. Jake almost cracked during that time as well but reached out to DDP

https://twitter.com/JakeSnakeDDT/status/1244074887196663808?lang=en

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Jake isn't in Silent Hill is he?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

If anyone has a right to be hosed up its Jake the Snake.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Whatever happened, did CM Punk get a job?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Cartoon Man posted:

Whatever happened, did CM Punk get a job?

In an incredible bit of irony, he's actually managing a Target outside of Chicago. He's currently out on suspension after getting into a fight with an employee who asked him if he was Henry Rollins.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

In an incredible bit of irony, he's actually managing a Target outside of Chicago. He's currently out on suspension after getting into a fight with an employee who asked him if he was Henry Rollins.

I don’t know if this is a joke, reality, or a kayfabe storyline.

:psyduck:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Sounds like a candidate for Waffle House Employee of the Month imo

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Sounds like a candidate for Waffle House Employee of the Month imo

Waffle House employees can actually win a shoot fight though.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

ZixTheYeti posted:

Waffle House employees can actually win a shoot fight though.

https://twitter.com/brianroemmele/status/1607858559240503296?s=46&t=qLFNYXCX4XYpbVXNzUkImw

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

mannerup posted:

sad but not surprising that Hall relapsed during the lockdown period, absolutely brutal time for people in recovery. Jake almost cracked during that time as well but reached out to DDP

https://twitter.com/JakeSnakeDDT/status/1244074887196663808?lang=en

I want someone to do a writeup of Jake the Snake because he always seemed like a really intelligent worker who understood the psychology of storytelling in a match. But this could just be my vague memories of Beyond the Mat or something.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jamesman posted:

I want someone to do a writeup of Jake the Snake because he always seemed like a really intelligent worker who understood the psychology of storytelling in a match. But this could just be my vague memories of Beyond the Mat or something.

What the hell. I'll do it. It will probably depress me into a coma, but I'll do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Jamesman posted:

Not just matches, but promos too. Jake saw every other wrestler bellowing at the top of their lungs and rambling incoherently, so he spoke much more quietly and deliberately, both to differentiate himself from the other guys, and also because he knew that people would actually pay attention to what he was saying if he wasn't just ranting like a lunatic. It really added to his "sleazy" character aura.