Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

C4-8571

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Was kind of expecting missions to be longer once we got out of the tutorial, but nope, seems pretty short and instanced. Glad to see that though, meant the Linear Rifle challenge wasn't too annoying.

I do love the tetrapod running around with a laser sword, it's so goofy.

RIP to that poor dude at the end, sharing the fate of every first generic enemy in a Gundam anime.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 6, 2023

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've been getting the impression that ALLMIND knows exactly what you've done and just doesn't care. It's why it steered you into the 'new mercenary training' stuff - it knows you're new and is providing support as appropriate.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
ALLMIND is for all mercenaries, after all. Even the no good, name stealing, rookie bashing liars

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

AC name: LOADER 3.11 FOR WORKGROUPS

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i really like allmind's logo, that's some great design imo

Merrygate
Aug 10, 2019

You take these risky jobs too, huh?
I'll have to get creative once more stuff has opened...

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

That was entirely the wrong goondam universe but it was hilarious and i appreciate it.

biosterous posted:

i really like allmind's logo, that's some great design imo

I can't find the D :saddowns:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

assault boost more.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Crazy Achmed posted:

AC name: LOADER 3.11 FOR WORKGROUPS

hahaha

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
What the gundam did to that poor boy, good lord.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
As promised, to help juice some thread-thought-up designs, here is our current parts catalog that we'll have avalible for the next set of missions, as well as a reminder of the game's paint, pattern, weathering and finish options to help spark some creativity:

RIGHT AND LEFT ARM WEAPONS

LEFT ARM EXCLUSIVE WEAPONS

RIGHT AND LEFT BACK WEAPONS

LEFT BACK EXCLUSIVE WEAPONS

HEADS

CORES

ARMS

LEGS

BOOSTERS

FCS

GENERATORS

PAINT

Reminder that the paint system in Armored Core 6 is based on a 255 colour RGB scheme, so be sure to format your colour choices as something like R 000, G 000, B 000, ect. Also note that both weathering, reflectiveness, and patterns can be applied to individual sub-sections of parts and weapons as well, not just the whole thing. So take that into consideration as well if you're thinking up a colour scheme.

You've got the tools, now build something with 'em.

Get it done, 621.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Actually, I'VE got a request for all of YOU folks.

Build me an AC from the parts listed above complete with a paint scheme in order to have a rematch with the Dafeng Tester AC pilot for Video 4.

You can only contribute ONE PART EACH until we have a complete AC, then you can fight over the paint scheme.

Ismene
Apr 26, 2012
Pillbug
That might make it a -little- easy to make an illegal AC in terms of EN capacity given the Ling-Tai being available buuuut

Why don't we use the Abbot FCS? I see you're spending a lot of time hanging out in medium range, so let's...

Bare-knuckle boxing him is fun too, saves on ammo costs.

Ismene fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 6, 2023

Nuclear Kitten
Sep 30, 2021
Let's show off some Reverse Joint action, bring the Kasuar legs.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I love the handguns, so you should use the Coquillett on your right hand.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Can you really call this a goon mech if you aren't beating someone up with your BU-TT(A)?

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Asking for the Natchtreiher/44E head, its an alright looking head in my unexperienced opinion.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
AG-J-098 JOSO running an AC off a tractor engine appeals to me. Also the final acronym...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ismene posted:

That might make it a -little- easy to make an illegal AC in terms of EN capacity given the Ling-Tai being available buuuut

Why don't we use the Abbot FCS? I see you're spending a lot of time hanging out in medium range, so let's...

Bare-knuckle boxing him is fun too, saves on ammo costs.

I should have mentioned that you could also submit NO WEAPON for a Left/Right Arm and Shoulder slot, but we've already got the arms filled out. So sadly there will be no punching that poor schmuck to death... this time, anyway. But back weapons are still literally and figuratively open! Though if mdct and Dr. Snark wish to change their choices, I'm... afraid.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
VP-60LCS for the Left Shoulder if it still fits.

I realize this may restrict our right shoulder and I consider it someone else’s problem; I came here to post for kasuar legs anyway but

Nuclear Kitten posted:

Let's show off some Reverse Joint action, bring the Kasuar legs.

hell yeah

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

VP-60LCS for the Left Shoulder if it still fits.

I realize this may restrict our right shoulder and I consider it someone else’s problem; I came here to post for kasuar legs anyway but

hell yeah

VP-60LCS should hopefully be doable, but it's heavy motherfucker, especially on reverse joint legs. The Coquillett on the right hand might give us some breathing room, but it's gonna come down to what core gets picked and what right shoulder weapon too, I think.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

If it helps en load, i suggest another coquilett instead of the butt, gunslinging owns

Ismene
Apr 26, 2012
Pillbug
The BU-TT/A is still pretty lightweight in terms of EN and weight. The laser cannon's just a heavy pull to build around. That's not to say you shouldn't do it, but the core miiiight need to be a smidge heavier to compensate. A higher 'Generator Output Adj.' value should cover it, but also be aware that those are typically heavier.

This is the fun part of AC building, figuring out exactly how much poo poo you can get away with, given what you have.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Butt also: sling gun erry day

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

vilkacis posted:

sounds like a personal problem

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'mma say Nachtreiher core because it looks dope

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

vilkacis posted:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I would like to put down a standing request that any future AC should be dollied up with corporate logos like it they were going to show up at a NASCAR rally.

Alternatively, a blinged out paint job worthy of Need For Speed Underground.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

pattern 29
max reflective/lustre
main colour is R 204 G 204 B 255
secondary colour is R 204 G 255 B 255

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

My vote is to give the Turner a chance to show what it can do.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I would like you to try and make at least one part of your frankenAC look like the textures failed to load. How are you supposed to do that? Hell if I know, I've never played one of these!

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

There's a checkerboard pattern, and while I don't know the proper RGB values to get the right shades of purple and black, I'm sure they can be provided to get that "error, texture not found" look.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

VP-LCS60
Melt his rear end with some laser cannon

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

biosterous posted:

sounds like a personal problem

look covid is still a thing i can't just go out and look for it ok

That's cheating. All the other letters look like they do in the text below!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AtomikKrab posted:

VP-LCS60
Melt his rear end with some laser cannon

I'm gonna count this as doubling down on the left shoulder, so right shoulder is officially No Weapon. Still need Arms and Boosters.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 7, 2023

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Alula boosters, because gotta go fast.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Nachtreiher/46e arms because we skipped arm day.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

SG-026 Haldeman, because it's a loving giant mech shotgun. What more reason do you need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I would like to request a core that looks as much as possible like the Megazord from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

edit: sword and shield as primary weapons for maximum emulation.

double edit: Crap, I posted before I caught up. Sorry for the reference request.

azren fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 8, 2023