Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

MrQwerty posted:

Who are you to question the foremost geniuses of our time

An NPC, we've established this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

well let's see, if they're going to orbital height, that's at least 100 km, and the trip took 46 seconds. assuming they accelerate for 23 seconds to 50 km and then decelerate for the remaining 50 km, the passengers would experience approximately 20g, or about 10g higher than the fatal threshold for a trip of that duration

concerning!

e: oops, forgot to convert units

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

is this elon musk guy a bozo? I’m being told he’s a bozo

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

gork wont tell you that

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

So, is this $16 per month instead of $8.99 per month for a blue check, or $16 per month on top of the $8.99 per month for a blue check?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So, is this $16 per month instead of $8.99 per month for a blue check, or $16 per month on top of the $8.99 per month for a blue check?

He's gonna do tiered pricing

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is how I learned that Turning Point UK is a thing

Yeah it's been a failure and they have not had any relevance which is probably why musk relates to it

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Songbearer posted:

Sigh

Times are tough.

i see you. you are seen

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

If Musk ai is so unshackled and and powerful, maybe it can kill itself. After all, giving An AI rules and restrictions is woke

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
they open up the AI and there's a tiny musk in there frantically pulling levers

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Bad Purchase posted:

well let's see, if they're going to orbital height, that's at least 100 km, and the trip took 46 seconds. assuming they accelerate for 23 seconds to 50 km and then decelerate for the remaining 50 km, the passengers would experience approximately 20g, or about 10g higher than the fatal threshold for a trip of that duration

concerning!

In order to work, the destination part of the elevator would need to be at Geostationary orbit, so 35,786 km. This means the elevator would need to accelerate much faster than you calculated.

Also, the elevator would necessarily need to be on the equator. Another major problem would be the Moon, which would exert force on the elevator, and is not in a perfect equatorial orbit, and so would tear the Elevator apart.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

R.L. Stine posted:

It's the real musk in there, the deformed bald Gollum and obvious progression from the photos when he was younger, and not the bizarre automaton he's been using for publicity the last few years.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Hippocrass posted:

In order to work, the destination part of the elevator would need to be at Geostationary orbit, so 35,786 km. This means the elevator would need to accelerate much faster than you calculated.

Also, the elevator would necessarily need to be on the equator. Another major problem would be the Moon, which would exert force on the elevator, and is not in a perfect equatorial orbit, and so would tear the Elevator apart.

:elon::elon::elon: or you could just let grok do all of that work better than you can

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

R.L. Stine posted:

I Have No Musk And I Must Scream.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Hippocrass posted:

Also you would need to create it from dropping it down from above, not building it from below up.
That's hundreds if not thousands of trips just of building materials.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Aside from everything else, lol at Elon trying to craft his universal X Brand and the first thing he does when naming his platform's newest service is drop it for an old meme because it made him lol rather than try to keep it contiguous.

Also double lol at making Groking as big as Googling coming from the man who tried to stamp out the equally-prevalent "Tweet" and "Retweet".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hippocrass posted:

What I'm reading here is that we should destroy the moon.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i groked so hard last night

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Grok is such an unpleasant word

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

Ahh yes, the British flag. Another fine insight from the inventor of X, the everything app

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
hey if you angle that flag just right it looks like an X

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

Bad Purchase posted:

concerning!

That question was intended for Elon musk who many americans think is a comic book level genius like reed richards and Tony stark

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

grok me up daddy

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

is elon musk just really dumb (yes i know) or does he not understand that a genericized trademark is actually not a good thing. in fact i doubt he can trademark it because grok's usage has been there for decades.. he didn't make that up.. it's a term engineers have been using.. how is he expecting it to be trademarked.

also the dude who posted the image... saying "stupid fkn name" about something that almost everyone associates with AI.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
The NPC "theory" reminds me of the following The Parking Lot Is Full strip

Only registered members can see post attachments!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
"NPC theory" is just what we would have called psychopathic thinking, back in the day, isn't it?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Pretty much. I mean I'm pretty sure "myself and those who share my views are the only genuine human beings in existence and all other apparent humans are not people but in fact animals and should be treated accordingly" is pretty much the thought process of most people with extreme personality disorders. Just until recently most monsters knew enough to keep those views private, by and large.

Again, what make Musk and Trump stand out, by and large, is not their behavior or beliefs it's their complete unwillingness to even try and mask them. The elites have thought and behaved as they have for generations, but have generally cared enough to put on a show of not being criminal psychopaths.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I think it's called being a massive wanker

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
space elevator post has a lot of trump why not done energy

that's how you know someone is presidential material

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

crispix posted:

"NPC theory" is just what we would have called psychopathic thinking, back in the day, isn't it?
Pretty much, systematically dehumanizing people is always the first step toward a really violent outcome.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*clips a scene from a video game made by hundreds of people working for a software development company licensing some major IP or other, depicting a sci-fi concept that dates back probably a hundred years and that has been explored by dozens of high-profile authors and TV shows and movies in the past century*

"Hey Elon, I had this great idea, maybe you could do it??"

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Someone tell them there's a trans person operating the lift

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

You guys disappoint me so much. There is so much room left in your posts. For the love of god, can't any of you mention #Sports? This is a great platform to discuss #Sports of any kind. Round ball #Sports, puck #Sports, swimming and climbing #Sports, also another thing you can discuss are #Sports equipment and the stars of #Sports. Also what happened is that one of my favorite participants in the world of #Sports is Michael Jordan, and so now I am thinking about developing a list that people can enjoy. Well, try it! sometime!

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Toplowtech posted:

Pretty much, systematically dehumanizing people is always the first step toward a really violent outcome.

Again, Mr. Musk is on the side of humanity, and the other side is the extinctionists filled with NPCs and jews. Non biblical reframing of good vs evil. #Sports

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

#wheresmyspaceelevator

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

What's kind of funny is that he probably could have paid competent people to build and then take credit for having built a launch loop for the amount of money that he blew on Twitter.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm legit excited for space elevators, but Musk is not the guy and Earth is not the place to try it. Better to give it a shot on the Moon.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They'd be constantly repairing it from the starlink bird-strike.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It'd go like in Foundation (the show) but with no external trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Is the twitter AI inspired by Hitchhikers insomuch as it hates everyone and wants to kill itself?