Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How the heck did the Panthers beat Houston last week

Despite Stroud being really good he's still a rookie and had a bad week, also the Texans defense is real bad in the final two minutes and did the same thing they did this week getting the opponent in third and long and then giving up the first down easy en route to a score

The Texans rushing game is also absolute garbage despite Slowik's attempts to drag it outs of its grave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

Despite Stroud being really good he's still a rookie and had a bad week, also the Texans defense is real bad in the final two minutes and did the same thing they did this week getting the opponent in third and long and then giving up the first down easy en route to a score

The Texans rushing game is also absolute garbage despite Slowik's attempts to drag it outs of its grave

What happened with Pierce, dude was a gun as a rookie?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The offensive line has been mostly injured but also partly terrible with the regulars as well

e: also Pierce seems to excel between the tackles but Slowik likes calling slow developing outside runs

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Is there a rule that the same matchup can’t have two prime time games? On the Broncos/Vikings week, CBS has Steelers/Browns and Jets/Bills which aren’t great, but will likely have some playoff implications at least. They were the week 1 and 2 MNF games, though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

how can you doubt the team that just dominated the chiefs

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It would be swell if the other AFCN teams could lose occasionally while the Ravens boatrace a handful of good NFC teams (and squeak by the Cardinals lol)

Very annoying to only have like a 1.5 game lead on the division after the last 3 weeks

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that was the bengals first afc win (4 attempts)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Bills offense used to be very scary, and now it’s still kind of scary but also a lot less functional on a play to play basis

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bills still need a second receiver and still need more from their running game and this feels like the third year in a row I've thought this.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
cat team

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bengals spotted the rest of the league like 3 free zombie Burrow wins and now they look unbeatable

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How the heck did the Panthers beat Houston last week

Yeah, did something change? Were some starters out or something?

Like, I don’t think we can expect todays performance against the Bengals next week, but good lord

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

AndrewP posted:

The Bills offense used to be very scary, and now it’s still kind of scary but also a lot less functional on a play to play basis

BlindSite posted:

Bills still need a second receiver and still need more from their running game and this feels like the third year in a row I've thought this.
It looks way more obvious when you go from a pretty good offensive coordinator to a bad offensive coordinator!

In all fairness, after the Divisional round loss to the Chiefs, believing Gabe Davis was a legit #2 option with #1 potential was a perfectly defensible position (indeed, it would seem ridiculous to suggest otherwise!) that everyone abandoned a few weeks into the 2022 season when he promptly turned into a pumpkin. He's a poor man's Peerless Price. Dawson Knox also sucks out loud and they severely overpaid him, a terrible roster-building blunder at a time when cap space is becoming increasingly hard to come by. They also pushed too many chips onto injury-risk players like Matt Milano and Tre White and totally blew it by picking Kaiir Elam, a press man corner in college, for a scheme that relies a lot on zone coverages. The Von Miller contract looks more like an albatross with each passing game in which he's a complete non-factor.

But the Achilles' heel of the team is the coaching. McD has terrible situational awareness, is routinely overly-conservative, his team is undisciplined and overemotional, and it's clear he's blown 2 out of his 3 offensive coordinator hires.

Kurgarra Queen fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 6, 2023

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Imagine if the Bills had Steichen. They'd be unstoppable.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Like, I don’t think we can expect todays performance against the Bengals next week, but good lord

that game was to make me, personally, laugh extremely hard

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Justin come back

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Alaois posted:

that game was to make me, personally, laugh extremely hard

It won me my fantasy matchup while Goff was on bye :shobon:

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Garbage rear end team can’t even score a point against the Browns

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Panthers put like 4 players on IR during the week. Even still the defense played well enough.

Bryce just made 2 horrid throws at horrid times - one of them looked to me like he wasn't on the same page as his receiver but I'll need to rewatch tonight.

Panthers right now can't get production from the run game, protection from the line and the receiving talent is both too thin in terms of depth and not fast enough across the board.

Its a slow and clunky offense without anything you need to help a young QB. They can't even do the traditional poo poo you do like call a lot of shallow crosses and slants because the personnel is too slow and the plays don't develop fast enough. So it's been very perimeter screen heavy. The offensive line hasn't been anywhere near good enough to execute this kind of game plan and youngs been sacked and hit way too much.

If Bryce isn't perfect the team loses badly. Last week he was close. This week he wasn't. It's almost that simple.

There is just 0 margin for error from the QB position for the team to have any kind of chance.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 6, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Let's not forget the Texans are still a bad team

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BlindSite posted:

We put like 4 players on IR during the week. Even still the defense played well enough.

Bryce just made 2 horrid throws at horrid times - one of them looked to me like he wasn't on the same page as his receiver but I'll need to rewatch tonight.

Panthers right now can't get production from the run game, protection from the line and the receiving talent is both too thin in terms of depth and not fast enough across the board.

Its a slow and clunky offense without anything you need to help a young QB. They can't even do the traditional poo poo you do like call a lot of shallow crosses and slants because the personnel is too slow and the plays don't develop fast enough. So it's been very perimeter screen heavy. The offensive line hasn't been anywhere near good enough to execute this kind of game plan and youngs been sacked and hit way too much.

If Bryce isn't perfect the team loses badly. Last week he was close. This week he wasn't. It's almost that simple.

There is just 0 margin for error from the QB position for the team to have any kind of chance.

Who is we, Houston? I was talking about them more than Carolina :shobon:

Intruder posted:

Let's not forget the Texans are still a bad team

With a future HoF QB I guess!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

QB isn't always best

It's a team effort

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Manoueverable posted:

I was wondering if we'd turned a corner after the Browns win, and I expected a close game today, but today was a reality check: the Hawks won't win the division, and they won't make a playoff run. The Ravens are very, very, very good, and the Hawks aren't. They're once again Divisional Round gatekeepers at best, like every other year since the Super Bowl loss, and that's now become one-and-done playoff fodder the last couple of years.

It took a while, but Geno is back to being a bad QB too, and that's a shame.

I think you're being overdramatic over the Ravens pantsing a good NFC team. They just do that. If the Hawks don't dogwalk the Football Team next week then you can maybe panic a bit.

Besides, the Ravens are gonna trip over their dick in the Wild Card anyway to the... uh, Steelers.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
cant lose in the wildcard if you dont play in the wildcard

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Boston sportscast talking about the best and most graceful way to humanely shoot Bill in the back of the head. It's a delicate and beautiful dance they're dancing

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

sweet thursday posted:

Boston sportscast talking about the best and most graceful way to humanely shoot Bill in the back of the head. It's a delicate and beautiful dance they're dancing

Im sure kraft will fire him soon

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Woozie66 posted:

I think Watt would literally murder Zach Wilson on the field

NFL Store receives huge order of Steelers merch from mcmagic

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Man, Atlanta QBs may suck, but first Ross called him Desmond Ritter in his initial qb rankings, and now Google is pulling info from god knows where for Taylor Heinecke:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://x.com/mikereiss/status/1721301598326886589?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i’m glad the Bills suck

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
T. Hallock, and let slip the balls of clown

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/JimIrsay/status/1721356045140774918?t=OkR8Atcy2MfD_qm36IGeuA&s=19

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Someone check this man’s center console for oxy

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Falcons should have known better than to score 28 points :v:

sweet thursday posted:

Firing Bill is the right thing to do but hoofa doofa cleaning up the mess he's made the last three seasons might take a decade.

The only thing in their favor is all the other teams in the division are frauds :shrug:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

Falcons should have known better than to score 28 points :v:

Firing Bill is the right thing to do but hoofa doofa cleaning up the mess he's made the last three seasons might take a decade.

The only thing in their favor is all the other teams in the division are frauds :shrug:

They’ll have 95 million in cap space and a top 5 pick next year. They could probably free up another 30m by cutting some bad contracts.

They’ll be fine if they get a GM and a coach who is still looking for another Tom Brady.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Does Bill retire or go somewhere else?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

ozymandius1024 posted:

No matter who loses, Chicago wins!

:suicide:

There exists the possibility of a tie. Has a 0-0 game ever happened before?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Anderson Koopa posted:

There exists the possibility of a tie. Has a 0-0 game ever happened before?

Yes. First in 1920 and most recently in 1943. The 43 game was the NYG vs the Detroit Lions. :lol:

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Ort posted:

I think he goes somewhere else and fails completely to prove he’s anything but a dour idiot and got the benefit of the greatest QB of all time being on his roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Ort posted:

Some owner would give Bill GM/HC duties. I'm just trying to think of who. It'd probably be an owner who is mega rich and is tired of the team sucking. Like a Khan, but the Jags aren't in the market for Bill. Bidwell? Mara?