Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Go Steelers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
man, gently caress the steelers

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Probably Magic posted:

man, gently caress the steelers

This is also correct

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
The thread title is correct

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
The rest of the league should be embarrassed that the Steelers are 5-3 right now

I would gladly trade Pickett for Levis right now straight up

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lol

https://twitter.com/doug_clawson/status/1720283621917892654

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Steelers drag you into the mud and drown you in it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

michael pettaway tomlin is the 10th best coach of all time, and rising!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

lmao

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

AndrewP posted:

It's an incredible talent

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Surely this is sustainable!

Honestly couldn’t feel better about a loss if you’re the titans. Levis looked good in spite of a horror show o-line and a defense that can’t stop basic run plays (altho they’re probably just gassed bc its Thursday night). Sort of ideal situation, Titans improve their draft position, get Levis good reps, and start to get the feeling that they’ve got their new QB

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Halfway there, baby!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Just :lol: if the Steelers make the playoffs.

…Now I’m imagining a Jets-Steelers wildcard game and I’m not sure if that would be maximum clown ball or the football equivalent of watching beige paint dry… :magical:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

AndrewP posted:

I have to extremely begrudgingly respect this.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Just :lol: if the Steelers make the playoffs.

…Now I’m imagining a Jets-Steelers wildcard game and I’m not sure if that would be maximum clown ball or the football equivalent of watching beige paint dry… :magical:

I think Watt would literally murder Zach Wilson on the field

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Legit may be a more impressive year of bullshit than 2020 if they keep the pace up

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I don't see how you go back to Tannehill after these last two games. Just let Levis play and see what happens, the offense looks functional with him out there.

e: also holy poo poo ban TNF games already the field looked like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ag1igqEHc&t=7s

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Nov 3, 2023

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Whole lot of teams passed on Levis that would probably rather have him than their current piece of poo poo QB.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Honestly couldn’t feel better about a loss if you’re the titans. Levis looked good in spite of a horror show o-line and a defense that can’t stop basic run plays (altho they’re probably just gassed bc its Thursday night). Sort of ideal situation, Titans improve their draft position, get Levis good reps, and start to get the feeling that they’ve got their new QB

That's how I feel. Sucks we lost a winnable game, and Levis made mistakes, but he was a big reason we were in this. The OL and Defense lost us the game if anything, and we'd probably have scored like three points total if Tanny were starting.

Probably gonna end up like 8-9 at this rate, miss the playoffs yet not get a good pick, but as long as we keep developing Levis and the rest of the team I'm cool with it. Just hoping we land on some good picks with OL and CB.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

My big concern with Levis is that his pocket time reminds me too much of Carson Wentz, he’s got to read the field and make decisions faster, especially with that oline. He’s also got to be careful about relying on those lobs, it’s great when it drops in the bucket but if it’s even a little bit off, easy defensive opportunities

though they still coulda won if Spears knew what the gently caress route he was running at the end of the first half

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

My big concern with Levis is that his pocket time reminds me too much of Carson Wentz, he’s got to read the field and make decisions faster, especially with that oline. He’s also got to be careful about relying on those lobs, it’s great when it drops in the bucket but if it’s even a little bit off, easy defensive opportunities

though they still coulda won if Spears knew what the gently caress route he was running at the end of the first half

Levis makes too many cross field throws on the run. He's too focused on making things happen but at least he knows that if he's taking a shot it should be to his best receiver.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah there’s no doubt Hopkins is rejuvenated with Levis on the field

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It’s also his 2nd start. What’s Kenny Pickett’s excuse for being bad and boring?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

It’s also his 2nd start. What’s Kenny Pickett’s excuse for being bad and boring?
Playing for (and being coached by) the Pittsburgh Steelers

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Basically agree with everything else posted re: Billy Jeans. He has clear areas to improve but leaving aside the INT he handled himself well against what is almost definitely the best pass rush left on tennessees schedule. Just give him the rest of the season IMO, going back to tannehill at this point would be frivolous

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Pickett reminds me of Zach Wilson lol. He plays like a non professional QB all game and then ends up winning on a few throws in the 4th quarter.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Point differential is the only stat that matters in a game.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Not a single person imagines it's sustainable, but it will end in 9-8 for like the 10th consecutive season, which is the definition of sustainable

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The Steelers still have the Packers, Patriots, Cardinals, and Colts on the schedule, they're definitely winning 9 games.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Steelers_DB/status/1720278607602348197#m

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Calling it now: there is no way Pickett ends his NFL career before having a stint on the Chicago Bears.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Pictured: a team that totally trusts their Quarterback room

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Matt Canada got an up close look at Pickett from his new post on the sidelines and immediately said OH NO, only passes to the flat allowed from now on

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Am not sure if this stat or the Vikings one score game stat from last year are more bullshit

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JT Jag posted:

Am not sure if this stat or the Vikings one score game stat from last year are more bullshit

It's really funny how hard it is to have a solid defense and not gain more yardage even once.

The Zach Wilson Jets have outgained 2 of their opponents, the Giants and Patriots 3 each . Even the 1-6 Panthers have done it. The Steelers are just really consistent about dragging you into the muck and then either drowning you or themselves in it.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Remembering last year when the Vikings somehow made the playoffs with a negative point differential. The FRAUDS sign you could see from space

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

C-Euro posted:

Steelers have a -30 point differential for the season.

I am very excited for the Steelers to make the playoffs only to get blown out in embarrassing fashion by the, oh let's say Jags.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Matt Canada got an up close look at Pickett from his new post on the sidelines and immediately said OH NO, only passes to the flat allowed from now on
Man that sounds terrible, how did the game go

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Steelers have a -30 point differential for the season.

I am very excited for the Steelers to make the playoffs only to get blown out in embarrassing fashion by the, oh let's say Jags.

Same, except I hope it's the Ravens bc Lamar shits the bed every time they play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Whole lot of teams passed on Levis that would probably rather have him than their current piece of poo poo QB.

Almost half as many yards as Bryce in just two games!