Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
https://twitter.com/epusmnt1/status/1717417384628322498?t=vLZae1esrI738vTPCyPQBQ&s=19

The replies are pretty good

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
its a shame maradona died before the qatarstrophe because a documentary about his quest to find blow in a caliphate would have been solid gold

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Eau de MacGowan posted:

its a shame maradona died before the qatarstrophe because a documentary about his quest to find blow in a caliphate would have been solid gold

apparently it's not that hard to get, it's just incredibly expensive

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Eau de MacGowan posted:

It would be a 30 second film

Probably still make more than the FIFA movie

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Shrapnig posted:

"Thousands" are more relatable than "millions" to most people. Millions is a fanciful number without much meaning, most people exist dealing with thousands in their day to day life. It's a much more easily quantifiable.

A million seconds is about 12 days,

A billion seconds is 31 years

Nice wee fact I learned the other day

Shroud
May 11, 2009
I remember when Real Madrid loaned Fernando Morientes to Monaco (ages ago). Monaco met RM in the knockout rounds of the Champions League, and Morientes scored against his parent team to knock them out. This was also around the time where RM would get knocked out every time they went up against a French team.

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

And they did it again in 2015, Madrid loaned Alvaro Morata to Juventus; when they met in the semi-finals, he ended up scoring the winning goal that knocked Madrid out of the Champions League.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Coutinho scoring a brace for Bayern against Barca while on loan.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Chivas USA owner Jorge Vergara saying "If you don’t speak Spanish, you can go work for (rival MLS club the Los Angeles) Galaxy, unless you speak Chinese, which is not even a language."

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Edward Mass posted:

Chivas USA owner Jorge Vergara saying "If you don’t speak Spanish, you can go work for (rival MLS club the Los Angeles) Galaxy, unless you speak Chinese, which is not even a language."

He's right, 'Chinese' is a group of hundreds of related languages, many of which are mutually unintelligible. It's an important distinction.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
The Osama Bin Laden cutout in the stands at Leeds during covid

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Renaming TRP to the Rose West Stand and overly sensitive, pearl-clutching goons having a meltdown about it

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

sticksy posted:

Renaming TRP to the Rose West Stand and overly sensitive, pearl-clutching goons having a meltdown about it

There was only one

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

greazeball posted:

There was only wan

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

England players scoring worldies on the same day for Bayern and Real, and still inevitably going out of the next Euros to some fail-rear end nation like Armenia or Italy

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

JollyBoyJohn posted:

A million seconds is about 12 days,

A billion seconds is 31 years

Nice wee fact I learned the other day

Earn 50k a year and you have a million in 20 years.

To have a billion you'd have had to start doing that around the time we invented Pottery.

To have Elon money you'd have had to start before Homo Sapiens evolved.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Dudley posted:

Earn 50k a year and you have a million in 20 years.

To have a billion you'd have had to start doing that around the time we invented Pottery.

To have Elon money you'd have had to start before Homo Sapiens evolved.

If you have 1,000 one-dollar bills and lose one you wouldn't really care, it's chump change to you.

A billionaire could feel proportionally blasé about losing a million dollars.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Arsenal trying to make gunnersaurus redundant during COVID, and mesut ozil agreeing to pay his wages

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Gordon Strachan being a dick to reporters (they deserved it)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I don't see any suitable threads, but want to share this, because it's one of the craziest seasons I can think of.

VPS, a smallish team in the Finnish top league was the dead last at the end of June with only one win and 6 points in 12 games. AFAIK they didn't do drastic changes, but apparently decided to never lose again and finished the 3rd, four points from the first place.

-->
(and then ended up winning two Euro qualifications matches after the regular season ended)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I know a couple of PL clubs who'd be happy with 6 points from 12 games

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I choose to believe that Finnish clubs are just a series of impenetrable initials chosen essentially at random, like mediocre terrorist splinter groups, rather than it just being impossible to fully transcribe Finnish words in written form

can't wait for the Honka - Haka derby, though

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Honka Honka

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Honka

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
a certain bald admin probating people for posting brentan rodgers

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

apparently Honka play in a city called Espoo

which is not only funny if you say it in a silly voice but also means I now hold the record for knowledge of Finnish cities by a non-Finn, at two

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Only two? I got that beat, easily

Helsinki
Tampere
Helsingfors
Finnmark
Santa's village
Espoo

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Perkele...

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Big fan of the espoo blues I was

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
https://twitter.com/basstunedtored/status/1722170543170854932?s=43

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
they make invading the pitch look like all kinds of fun

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Are they trying to do some kind of wet t-shirt hi-vis jacket thing by dancing in the sprinklers?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Sexy Neil Lennon calendar

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Jose posted:

a certain bald admin probating people for posting brentan rodgers

a certain admin probating people for talking poo poo about man utd

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

EC10 posted:

man utd

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/luissuarez9/status/460872117647835136?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Jexner
Feb 11, 2010
3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Your honor i was in fact greeting a fellow monkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lmao I hadn’t seen this before