Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
holey poo poo that possum is yolked (yoked? gently caress i dont know which it is and the urbandicts for both are about doing cums)

i guess the suburban possums here in central tx have different macros than the corn fed nightmonsters of hell city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
opossums aren't rodents :mad:

Corla Plankun posted:

holey poo poo that possum is yolked (yoked? gently caress i dont know which it is and the urbandicts for both are about doing cums)

i guess the suburban possums here in central tx have different macros than the corn fed nightmonsters of hell city

yoked

looks like one of those noose-on-a-stick animal control tools

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

haveblue posted:

opossums aren't rodents :mad:

yoked

looks like one of those noose-on-a-stick animal control tools

they don't mean yoke like wearing a yoke (like oxen), it is a synonym for "jacked," "huge," etc

but yeah i think it's also spelled "yoked" and not "yolked". doesnt really matter though, it's basically non-written in usage

apologies if you knew this and i misunderstood your response

e: lol i looked it up and apparently "yoked" specifically refers to having huge traps, so i guess it kinda _does_ look like someone's wearing a yoke? huh. idk if that's the real etymology or just what some writer at muscle and strength dot com said though :shrug:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

as if Ellie would be caught dead in Lubbock :rolleyes:

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

MrQueasy posted:

https://x.com/milan_milanovic/status/1719992674806100439?s=20

Oh my god. This post is serious?

And this is what bluechecks think twitter is for?

I think what happens is you come of age when a certain idea is new and useful, and then you can spend an inordinate amount of the rest of your career thinking everything is a nail that just needs some varients of that same hammer.

I've seen some ruby people who obsess over MVC which is sad, but the really depressing cases are old developers whose favorite hammer is regex

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Pythagoras a trois posted:

but the really depressing cases are old developers whose favorite hammer is regex
You go to hell.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1720227740404629932?s=20

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

MrQueasy posted:

You go to hell.

tell me you wrote perl without telling me you wrote perl

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

rotor posted:

as if Ellie would be caught dead in Lubbock :rolleyes:
heck no :barf:

Achmed Jones posted:

tell me you wrote perl without telling me you wrote perl

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
perl is weird

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
https://x.com/interneth0f/status/1719878243568750728?s=46&t=8g1SJ87BoVmp86tfUCXz2A

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

FMguru posted:

perl is weird
I recently encountered perl in the wild again. It was in the course of a nightmare project that launched 3 months late because they're all incompetent turds and also one of them tried to get me in trouble because I prefaced an explanation of the thing I had explained in detail 3 times (including the previous day) with "Alright, one more time:"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

the gayest hobbit posted:

because I prefaced an explanation of the thing I had explained in detail 3 times (including the previous day) with "Alright, one more time:"

lol brutal

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Liv_Agar/status/1720491817060462752

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

that doesn't look anything like...
*monitor unexpectedly turns off*
Oh right yeah ok

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

this is valid powershell

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
https://x.com/lookabee83/status/1720464256242471079?s=20

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:hellyeah:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

we all know the leg is missing because richard ate it

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i have more bluesky invites if anyone wants one

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

same

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I hate to admit it because AI poo poo is haram, but the cat blowing that huge cloud rules.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
I have 5 codes pm me

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

rjmccall posted:

you have to append the string to the outer html without escaping, of course, because it includes elements. but there are substitutions you have to apply to it, and somebody thought to add a way to escape that substitution, but absolutely nothing on the server checks to add escapes when they’re emitting a literal string. somebody added code for recursive substitution but it’s disabled except on a single hardcoded string where it’s load bearing, and there’s no way to escape that one. also the replacement string gets wrapped in quotes and eval’ed for some reason

Look, we need to make the resource available to all the scripts, so we just hotpatch the html to add in a hardcoded script tag defining it, then force a refresh of the frame holding all the javascript so they can grab it when they restart.

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
https://twitter.com/hesstoytruck/status/1713899172024188980

ATAB

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
didn't know hess made clown cars

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmao

https://x.com/dsgolson/status/1721216438114177308?s=20

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

kenny was prescient

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

theres more itt and its lol

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

graph posted:

theres more itt and its lol

It's all good but I had to post the one that showed the one panel smashing into another panel next to the windshield wiper and deforming it.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
just a reminder that people who arent logged into twitter cant see threads anymore so if there's any especially juicy lols go ahead n post em

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Cutting edge

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Gotta subscribe to get the noclip function (only available in select production ranges)

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

looks like a ps4 on wheels

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

https://nitter.net/dsgolson/status/1721216438114177308?s=20

Nitter.net to the rescue

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

rotor posted:

just a reminder that people who arent logged into twitter cant see threads anymore so if there's any especially juicy lols go ahead n post em

yeah, it's super annoying :/ I really wish something else would take off. like anything, maybe even threads.

nitter still works? I thought they were targeting it specifically or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah, it's super annoying :/ I really wish something else would take off. like anything, maybe even threads.

nitter still works? I thought they were targeting it specifically or something

Someone with a blue checkmark referred to it as ni**er and Musk immediately boosted it to the top of the whitelist