Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

I refuse to believe anyone in that family was anything other than a racist grifter.
Also lol at Trump being the new MCU villain instead of Kang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
John Trump seems to have been the ultimate black sheep by being a good dude in a lot of ways, who was responsible for a lot of the development of radiation therapy for treating cancer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Trump?wprov=sfla1

I know, I had to read it a few times to believe it, too.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I vaguely recall a deeply unhinged longform Q-style writeup that connected Trump to John Titor in an absolutely fascinating way, with that bit about Tesla and John Trump being one of the legs it stood on.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

John Titor’s predictions have felt a lot more plausible this decade than when he made them, I will admit.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
That Last Week Tonight had me remembering how abortion bans make it so women can't have one for a stillbirth, then it had me wondering if the laws are made that way either out of just not caring about nuance or if it's straight-up to punish women for having sex since aborting a dead baby obviously doesn't do poo poo to protect babies. Then I remembered who writes these laws so now I'm wondering, how do we make them admit it's the latter? Seems the usual responses are a mix of "oh yeah that's a good point I'll totally look into that" and "well a miracle could happen to carry the baby to term, yes I am saying our laws need to be written in ways that account for divine intervention but only in this very specific case for some reason".

Edit: why would God need to have laws written around His hypothetical desire to do specific miracles anyway, if God wants a stillborn child to come to term and will use a miracle to make it happen ain't poo poo the legal status of abortion or anything else can do to stop it

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Nov 6, 2023

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

The Islamic Shock posted:

That Last Week Tonight had me remembering how abortion bans make it so women can't have one for a stillbirth, then it had me wondering if the laws are made that way either out of just not caring about nuance or if it's straight-up to punish women for having sex since aborting a dead baby obviously doesn't do poo poo to protect babies. Then I remembered who writes these laws so now I'm wondering, how do we make them admit it's the latter? Seems the usual responses are a mix of "oh yeah that's a good point I'll totally look into that" and "well a miracle could happen to carry the baby to term, yes I am saying our laws need to be written in ways that account for divine intervention but only in this very specific case for some reason".

Edit: why would God need to have laws written around His hypothetical desire to do specific miracles anyway, if God wants a stillborn child to come to term and will use a miracle to make it happen ain't poo poo the legal status of abortion or anything else can do to stop it

Abortion laws are entirely about punishing/controlling women. That's it. Usually the "wrong" kind of women and/or "sluts."

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

They need to believe that pregnancy is a miraculous event that always results in a perfect pink baby (instead of the messy, frequently problem filled medical condition it is) because it is central to their conception of womanhood. Any woman who does not desire pregnancy, at any point, for any reason, is unnatural and must be punished for her bad gender performance. And any woman whose pregnancy goes wrong must have caused it in some way, because remember, pregnancy is a miracle, not a medical condition, and they would rather force a woman to go septic carrying a dead fetus than acknowledge reality.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Then I remembered who writes these laws so now I'm wondering, how do we make them admit it's the latter?

This strikes me as falling into the trap of believing they care about being caught out, or that doing so would in any way provoke a moment of introspection. They know perfectly well what they claim they're doing (protecting babies) and what they're actually doing (restricting female agency) are at odds, and don't care because they don't really believe that words or consistency matter, only power. They have, to borrow yet again from Sartre, the right to play.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/1721519922201649385?t=Lri4qtDgVnNmMBNep_04Mw&s=19

I wonder how many people are going to sue Crowder over this.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I can already see Alex Jones' influence on the operation.

kneelbeforezog
Nov 13, 2019
https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1721572024122773700
notice how human being isnt underlined, they really know their target audience.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
^ argh this is why I shouldn't post while ordering subway, you beat me to it :(

If anyone's wondering, Crowder got his hands in the first three pages of a notebook, and it reads pretty much how you'd expect a mentally-troubled spree killer's manifesto to go. Nothing about being trans or Christianity was mentioned, but shooter called future victims "crackers" and mentioned hating their "white privilige", so everyone who spent a full month warning about the imminent trans armed rebellion are pivoting to a lame "white people are the real victims" narrative. The fact that the shooter also called potential victims the f-slur has barely been mentioned.

Considering the amount of people who used this manifesto's mere existence to advocate for banning transgenderism for everyone's safety, this sure is a wet fart.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
They are predictably getting very :tinfoil: about this manifesto.
https://twitter.com/lporiginalg/status/1721549734576525355?t=GI3hANRyuoqqkWKz--6fxA&s=19

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

kneelbeforezog posted:

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1721572024122773700
notice how human being isnt underlined, they really know their target audience.
Based just on this and knowing the shooter used to go to the school he shot up, it's pretty obvious to me that the shooter was someone who hated experiencing kids acting like they're better than you for their parents having more money when he went there, and never got over it. Then again I grew up in a rich school district so I know well-off kids love doing that.

For the abortion thing, I didn't think there was poo poo I could do to persuade that side. It's more like I think there are voters out there actually dumb enough to believe the party lines without the subtext (and some religious wackaloons who really do believe abortion and child murder are identical). Kinda like how my grandfather's been successfully taught to hate George Soros but is oblivious to the fact that it's because he's a Jew, not hating them himself.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 6, 2023

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

The fact that the shooter also called potential victims the f-slur has barely been mentioned.

Yeah their eyes will slide right over those sentences without noticing. The only way I could see it being brought up is to claim that this proves that the Wokes are the real homophobes, but seeing how open and unrepentant the right is about "homophobia is good, actually" these days I don't know that they'd bother.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

OgNar posted:

I refuse to believe anyone in that family was anything other than a racist grifter.
Also lol at Trump being the new MCU villain instead of Kang.

God, the imaginary dystopia the fascists think they are living in is so much loving cooler than the actual dystopia we are all living in.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So about that

quote:

Nashville Mayor Freddie O’Connell ordered an investigation from Metro Legal on Monday to determine how the photos of the manifesto written by The Covenant Covenant School shooter Audrey Hale, which were authenticated by The Tennessee Star, were leaked to conservative comedian and pundit Steven Crowder.

O’Connell announced the investigation in a statement to News Channel 5, telling the outlet he directed Metro Law Director Wally Dietz “to initiate an investigation into how these images could have been released.” At press time the Metro Nashville Police Department has acknowledged the documents, but has refused to comment on their authenticity or how Crowder may have obtained them.

Crowder about to get hosed, hopefully

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 6, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Probably not him since he's a "journalist" so would get 1A protections, but whoever leaked it might go away for a while

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

CEO of Daily Wire

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
A Judge could hold him in contempt if they ask and he refuses to give up his source. But really, nothing will happen to Crowder over this.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

God, the imaginary dystopia the fascists think they are living in is so much loving cooler than the actual dystopia we are all living in.

Every single night since he was elected, I’ve said a silent prayer that I wake up in the alt universe where Comrade-Caliph Right Wing Fantasy Obama is our god king

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I was going to say, how the hell did he get this

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm laughing at the idea that you HAD to have these documents and are going to do jail time for it, when it's just the ramblings of a disturbed child

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Side note

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Almost as good as Benny Shaps and the Very Dry Wife

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
IIRC that's how Michael Douglas got throat cancer and his response was essentially "worth it"

v Doing the shocked Pikachu face right now. A lot of these shooters are just trolls taken to an extreme. v

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 6, 2023

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Knew it

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Lol he's triggered
https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1721662622238400736?t=x6Dtw_f_4J6JQTIrYG8n5w&s=19

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Fighting Trousers posted:

They need to believe that pregnancy is a miraculous event that always results in a perfect pink baby....

ah yes perfect pink flesh things coated in blood and often mother poop and a bunch of other stuff.

lol at movies/tv and their cinematic fantasy.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The shadow baby on game of thrones is thus far the only realistic depiction of childbirth on American television

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Fighting Trousers posted:

They need to believe that pregnancy is a miraculous event that always results in a perfect pink baby (instead of the messy, frequently problem filled medical condition it is) because it is central to their conception of womanhood. Any woman who does not desire pregnancy, at any point, for any reason, is unnatural and must be punished for her bad gender performance. And any woman whose pregnancy goes wrong must have caused it in some way, because remember, pregnancy is a miracle, not a medical condition, and they would rather force a woman to go septic carrying a dead fetus than acknowledge reality.

A miracle that only happens thousands of times every day.

Wait.

That's the opposite of a miracle

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
fictional tv.

remember when TLC actually aired educational stuff, and this included medical surgeries? im sure theres a non zero amount of births that might have been shown.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Professor Beetus posted:

The shadow baby on game of thrones is thus far the only realistic depiction of childbirth on American television

Yeah she's slowly killing me

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Based just on this and knowing the shooter used to go to the school he shot up, it's pretty obvious to me that the shooter was someone who hated experiencing kids acting like they're better than you for their parents having more money when he went there, and never got over it. Then again I grew up in a rich school district so I know well-off kids love doing that.

Somewhat related, but I've been hearing a lot of talk about all the "liberal college elite kids" at Harvard in the wake of pro Palestine protests that are all apparently extremely hard left and are the REAL anti-semites, and maybe some are. But, motherfucker, don't give me this poo poo about Ivy League schools being packed to the rafters with democrats and any kind of far left leaning majority.

These schools all cater mostly to rich white kids who were born rich, plan to stay rich, look down on people who aren't and who embody every single stereotype of obnoxious frat boy trust fund babies as a matter of course. I didn't grow up in a rich school district and I went to art school but I had my fair share of experiences with the kids that went to University of Penn, which was close by, and went to two of their parties.

Two was enough. Two too many, really.

They were smug, entitled popped collar pricks with horrible opinions and bad manners who made a lot of gay jokes and had their Date Rape attitudes written all over them. They hated far left artsy weirdos like me and my friends and also had strong opinions about "the blacks" and "fat chicks". Didn't feel very liberal to me but, apparently, these schools are all filled with terrorists now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Somewhat related, but I've been hearing a lot of talk about all the "liberal college elite kids" at Harvard in the wake of pro Palestine protests that are all apparently extremely hard left and are the REAL anti-semites, and maybe some are. But, motherfucker, don't give me this poo poo about Ivy League schools being packed to the rafters with democrats and any kind of far left leaning majority.

These schools all cater mostly to rich white kids who were born rich, plan to stay rich, look down on people who aren't and who embody every single stereotype of obnoxious frat boy trust fund babies as a matter of course. I didn't grow up in a rich school district and I went to art school but I had my fair share of experiences with the kids that went to University of Penn, which was close by, and went to two of their parties.

Two was enough. Two too many, really.

They were smug, entitled popped collar pricks with horrible opinions and bad manners who made a lot of gay jokes and had their Date Rape attitudes written all over them. They hated far left artsy weirdos like me and my friends and also had strong opinions about "the blacks" and "fat chicks". Didn't feel very liberal to me but, apparently, these schools are all filled with terrorists now.
Speaking of which, Brandeis University just did this when a student Palestinian group wanted to hold a candlelight vigil for dead Gazans

https://twitter.com/pastoralcomical/status/1721646067953832269?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1721655207460024673?s=20

Putting these families through this just shows what a pos crowder is

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

So are they fake or did someone take a picture of them out of police evidence?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

FlamingLiberal posted:

So are they fake or did someone take a picture of them out of police evidence?

The statement seems to imply they're either fake or were real but never submitted as evidence, which could happen if someone decided journal pages from more than a year before the shooting didn't matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Speaking of people who need to be in prison

https://twitter.com/stevemullis/status/1721656699856306290?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA