Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The nookie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
w/r/t city names. Protest the Hero played a tiny club in my hometown back in 2010 apparently, all I can remember is a) they could fuckin shred b) they called it Ahl-bany, like a Canadian would pronounce "Alberta". I immediately yelled ALL-BANY at him which got a bemused smirk

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

"What's up London!" Is a semi regular occurrence in the non London parts of England. Sometimes I think it's deliberate, I once heard a guy do it three or four times in a half hour festival set, to an increasingly exasperated chorus of "we're in Leicester!"

"A period of inactivity" I hope they come back to twitter in 25 years and just start posting again.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ive never toured as a musician so maybe theres some secret reason for this im not getting, but to this day it baffles me that musicians cant take 10 seconds to ask a local or google "whats the name of the town/city im playing in tonight"

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
https://youtu.be/8Bj52UreavU?si=zzhTMklgPDg-hhWZ

Clearly it's because your town is made up for an adult cartoon show.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Anywhere in New Jersey we usually just get a "WHATS UP JERSEY??" from the vocalist. Or a "Cmon you Jersey animals/psychos" egging on the pit cause there's apparently some reputation that were nuts or something

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Varg posted:

Anywhere in New Jersey we usually just get a "WHATS UP JERSEY??" from the vocalist. Or a "Cmon you Jersey animals/psychos" egging on the pit cause there's apparently some reputation that were nuts or something
Well, you choose to live in New Jersey...

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Omnikin posted:

w/r/t city names. Protest the Hero played a tiny club in my hometown back in 2010 apparently, all I can remember is a) they could fuckin shred b) they called it Ahl-bany, like a Canadian would pronounce "Alberta". I immediately yelled ALL-BANY at him which got a bemused smirk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXRG-BqoVbE

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

went to the dying fetus show tonight and remembered to bring and wear the headphones this thread scared me into buying

i think im a convert

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Oldstench posted:

Well, you choose to live in New Jersey...

p' sure "sometimes you don't have a choice" is the new jersey state motto

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Just thought I'd let you all know I'm off to see Sigh perform the entirety of Scorn Defeat tonight and also then a normal set tomorrow. I am beyond loving stoked.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
New Xoth out today. Fuuuuuuuck it’s good.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

New music Friday

Suffocation, dm
Angra on non-BC, progressive power
Insomnium EP on non-BC, melodeath
Mortuary Drape, bm
Fuming Mouth, dm
Serenity, progressive power
Dying Wish on non-BC, melodeath
Faidra, atmoblack
Nightmarer, tech death
Kraanium, slam
Carnal Tomb, dm
NecroticGoreBeast, brutal death
Satan's Fall on non-BC, trad
Strigoi, bm
Thronehammer, doom
Carthage EP, brutal death
Ild, atmoblack
Tetragrammacide, war
Ch'ahom, war
Xoth, techy melodic blackened death
Totenmesse, atmoblack
Carnation, death doom
Amalekim, meloblack
Warcrab, death doom
Veruta, atmoblack
Jord, doomy atmoblack
Sea Mosquito, bm
Graven Sin, prog
Manipulator, deathgrind
Nahasheol, bm
Katholik, tech death
Acid Force, thrash

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Nazzadan posted:

gently caress yeah new Xothhhhhhhhhhh

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

it technically dropped yesterday but i'll also shout out new Deliriant Nerve (grindcore). excited to hit it and the new Fuming Mouth later today.

oh i also caught Fulci/Drawn And Quartered/Molder the other day in Boston, i think that tour's almost over but catch it if you can, all three bands were great.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

New Tetragrammacide crushes

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Solefald posted:

Just thought I'd let you all know I'm off to see Sigh perform the entirety of Scorn Defeat tonight and also then a normal set tomorrow. I am beyond loving stoked.

Incredibly jealous, Scorn Defeat is an all time great, enjoy!

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Oldstench posted:

New Tetragrammacide crushes

I unironically love that it is basically a brutal death metal record.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
is there any other kind?

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
I ended up buying Stygian's album on CD off ebay. I couldn't find them on streaming services so I ripped it to FLAC, which I think makes me a digital archivist. Also the album owned.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

deadking posted:

I unironically love that it is basically a brutal death metal record.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard double-bass kicks that fast before holy cow

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Nazzadan posted:

gently caress i love this

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

the new nightmarer is a very strange idea for a record but i'll check it out after i finish with fuming mouth

carnation is a very funny metal band name

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Wait until you find out about Green Carnation.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Xoth rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ryaAn5f9A

Wasn't sure what to expect with a band name like that but "altered states" loving rips.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Unless something unforeseen drops before year's end, Malokarpatan's Vertumnus Caesar looks to be my AotY.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Unless something unforeseen drops before year's end, Malokarpatan's Vertumnus Caesar looks to be my AotY.

holy motherfuck. I needed an original record like this. Its characterized by a Skyclad-esque Skycladness but remains original and extremely inspired

Can't wait to dig into more of their work

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Mr. Pickles posted:

holy motherfuck. I needed an original record like this. Its characterized by a Skyclad-esque Skycladness but remains original and extremely inspired

Skyclad-esque, you say? I basically mainlined Skyclad in the 90s... still know p.much all lyrics by heart.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Groke posted:

Skyclad-esque, you say? I basically mainlined Skyclad in the 90s... still know p.much all lyrics by heart.

Well, now you won't have to! These blokes sing in whatever language Slovakians speak

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Mr. Pickles posted:

Well, now you won't have to! These blokes sing in whatever language Slovakians speak

Not extremely likely that they would match Martin Walkyier in that department anyway.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I have been doing my dead mom's taxes and the revenue agency keeps coming back saying we owe more and more money even though we keep paying off the balance they themselves cite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0gd5HDaYIg

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Killingyouguy! posted:

I have been doing my dead mom's taxes and the revenue agency keeps coming back saying we owe more and more money even though we keep paying off the balance they themselves cite

https://youtu.be/mHXjMOmCpfA?si=X9V8sBm_4SaTktBo

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Mr. Pickles posted:

All Malokarpatan albums are really good, but if you dig this most recent one, I'd start with Nordkarpatenland. That's probably the next closest one in terms of sound. Krupinské ohne tacked pretty close to Krolok (i.e. actual black metal), with some scattered 70's proggy bits. And Stridžie dni sounds like it was actually recorded during the first wave of black metal (by people who are really into heavy metal, but manage to almost cover that up by an insanely gnarly production)

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Slipknot's drummer has been kicked out. Or he left.

It's Slipknot drama so nobody ever really knows what happened.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Or cares

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Wachter posted:

Or cares
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zjYu1rsxTE

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He's got a spot in the E Street Band if his dad retires.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Dragonforce put on a hell of a show tbh

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nazzadan posted:

New music Friday

Tetragrammacide, war