Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

still thinking about that mcdaniels story from today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Refreshing this page to see if Arthur Smith has been fired yet

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Post itt every time you lol that McDaniels got a cadaver synod right before his termination

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I don’t want anyone over 50 at this point. Give me one of the good young offensive coordinators. Let’s do something different in Tampa.

We have this slightly used Brandon Staley. He's a defensive genius!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It might be time to start talking about McDermott and Bean

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Ches Neckbeard posted:

McDermott and his staff absolutely should be fired.
Unfortunately, he'll probably get to waste Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs for another year at least.

Beane has done well and would deserve the chance to hire a new coach.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'll take beane back in a heart beat.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Beane can stay.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

McDermott coaches a lot like Ron Rivera.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Maybe Daboll will get fired and the Bills can bring him back as OC.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
stealing from another thread but

BlindSite posted:

Bills still need a second receiver and still need more from their running game and this feels like the third year in a row I've thought this.

Between that and the stars of the team being 30+ outside Josh that roster is starting to turn into the Arians Cardinals. Like that does not bode well for the next 3ish years.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Bears/Panthers on Thursday should definitely be a "loser gets fired" game. If the NFL advertised it as such, some people might actually tune in.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Blind Pineapple posted:

Bears/Panthers on Thursday should definitely be a "loser gets fired" game. If the NFL advertised it as such, some people might actually tune in.

Loser Leaves Town

more games advertised as wrestling matches would be fun.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'd put them as only mild if anything.
Alot of Bills fans are very pissed at them and justifiably so, but their seat only gets hot if they fail to make the playoffs (which...is possible) or they are one and done in the playoffs.

McDermott's problem isn't that he's a bad coach but that he is a defensive coach and the best players on the team are offensive players. A valid reason to fire him is that he has an all world QB from a talent perspective, and either there's something wrong with the QB or the OC. He's responsible for choosing the OC and coaching up the QB.

Last night, they held Cincinnati to 3 in the second half with truly dreadful talent. The defense was on the field all game. Part of why the defense was on the field was the Bengals had some long drives, but two of them were because the Offense turned it over twice.

Honestly the offense fucks up more than the defense does usually and the problem is with getting rid of McDermott if they hire head coach with an offensive background it feels like then they are going to have to win shootouts.

Path of least resistance is to fire the OC.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

I'd put them as only mild if anything.
Alot of Bills fans are very pissed at them and justifiably so, but their seat only gets hot if they fail to make the playoffs (which...is possible) or they are one and done in the playoffs.

McDermott's problem isn't that he's a bad coach but that he is a defensive coach and the best players on the team are offensive players. A valid reason to fire him is that he has an all world QB from a talent perspective, and either there's something wrong with the QB or the OC. He's responsible for choosing the OC and coaching up the QB.

Last night, they held Cincinnati to 3 in the second half with truly dreadful talent. The defense was on the field all game. Part of why the defense was on the field was the Bengals had some long drives, but two of them were because the Offense turned it over twice.

Honestly the offense fucks up more than the defense does usually and the problem is with getting rid of McDermott if they hire head coach with an offensive background it feels like then they are going to have to win shootouts.

Path of least resistance is to fire the OC.
Yeah, Dorsey is a loving disaster, but also I’m a bit pessimistic about McD’s chances of hiring a good OC. This team has already gone as far as it is likely to ever go with McD, and I think I would rather swing for the fences and strike out than be eternal also-rans.

That said, McD is probably safe this year. Dorsey not so much.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Didn't McDermott take over all defensive playcalling?

https://x.com/ASchatzNFL/status/1721539333113380866?s=20

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I've long been of the opinion that Coach of the Year and an unexpected playoff appearance ought to buy you a free year, with next year being the "okay, which of those was a fluke" tiebreaker, and Daboll now also has "had to start a third string QB, what do you expect" to hide behind too. He's pretty safe, I think, but if 2024 starts badly his seat will get hot in a hurry.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Bills don't adapt. They play roughly the same scheme all the time, and good teams or even just kinda good teams now, can beat it because other, better coaches are better able to adapt and adjust to what we're doing.

The defense did great in the second half, of course, but it also failed to create opportunities: Joe Burrow was sacked just once and the defense failed to generate a turnover. And, of course, they couldn't get off the field when the offense at last woke up and put the team back into the game.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Diva Cupcake posted:

Lol at Schatz being posted, but yeah there's no way the defense wouldn't look as good after losing all of its best players. But it's not close to the worst defense in the league.

The defense is built on a flawed premise that the offense can score points.

I haven't seen enough to want McDermott or Beane to be fired yet but that could change by the end of the year.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Dorsey is definitely going to be the sacrificial lamb, the team will have to crater and not make the playoffs for McDermott to get fired. I can see a scenario where they fire Dorsey, get a new OC and the record doesn't really improve because of the other issues with the team and then McDermott gets canned a year or two down the road

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I wouldn't be surprised if Dorsey is fired in-season, or like even literally later today. If the Bills miss the postseason his goose is 100% cooked.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Refreshing this page to see if Arthur Smith inexplicably won the NFC south and got extended yet

fixed for hell division

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I still think Schoen and Daboll are prime candidates to be safe since they haven’t had their shot to draft their QB. One beat writer suggested that Mara put his thumb on the scale after the playoff run last year

https://x.com/tomrock_newsday/status/1721352832690049119?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 6, 2023

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Carlosologist posted:

I still think Schoen and Daboll are prime candidates to be safe since they haven’t had their shot to draft their QB. One beat writer suggested that Mara put his thumb on the scale after the playoff run last year

https://x.com/tomrock_newsday/status/1721352832690049119?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

There’s some deep cosmic irony that making the playoffs and winning a game is the worst thing that could’ve happened to the team in the long term

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I've seen a bit of speculation that the big contract for Danny was partially due to Mara. I dont know if I buy it, but I wouldn't be shocked if he was involved.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Relentlessboredomm posted:

There’s some deep cosmic irony that making the playoffs and winning a game is the worst thing that could’ve happened to the team in the long term

On one hand, but multiple teams have won superbowls and gone lol no at extending the QB of that team. They just went full stupid. / owner interference as Febreeze suggests.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Carlosologist posted:

They made Jones their guy by giving him that hilarious contract.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thing is, they can get out of the Daniel Jones contract after next year.

Next year is hosed, but after that it's like $22m in dead cap if they just cut bait in 2025. They could easily draft a guy, let him take over and send Jones on his way.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Giants are gonna get a top 5 pick - I feel like you have to do that.

The silver lining is Daboll is a pretty solid coach (this year really isn't his fault) and has shown he can coach a QB up. Tank, go 2-15 or whatever, and get Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.

If they don't and they convince themselves that Jones is still the guy then they deserve to be awful for the next 5 years.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol Arthur Smith has to be fired soon right?

https://x.com/dangrazianoespn/status/1721597762465083576?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
God I really hope the Giants miss out on Maye and Williams.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

mcmagic posted:

God I really hope the Giants miss out on Maye and Williams.

Patriots will probably end up with one of them though so pick your poison in your case

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Diva Cupcake posted:

lol Arthur Smith has to be fired soon right?

Unless the Falcons go on a loss streak he's not gonna be fired while they're 1 game back of the division title.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Unless the Falcons go on a loss streak he's not gonna be fired while they're 1 game back of the division title.

Don't have to be good, just have to be better then everyone else on trash island

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nodoze posted:

Patriots will probably end up with one of them though so pick your poison in your case

The Patriots are way more likely to win a few more games than the Giants are. They also play each other lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
All four NFCS coaches are total morons so I think any of the bucs falcons or saints COULD win the division. Would not be at all surprised if all but Reich end up getting fired this year though barring a playoff win for one of them

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

The Patriots are way more likely to win a few more games than the Giants are. They also play each other lol

I am going to go to that game to personally kneecap the Pats best player... *checks notes*... uh...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

mcmagic posted:

oh god i can't wait to see the epic Mac Jones/Tommy DeVito QB battle

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

mcmagic posted:

They might lose to the Giants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nodoze posted:

They might lose to the Giants

With Tommy Devito? no way lol