Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I don't hate Ross as much as most.

but dude was not a great manager in games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

lol It's the cubs

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh my loving god lmao

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Once again the Cubs win the offseason with something stupid

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I hope Ross found out via that Ken Rosenthal tweet lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

Counsell is coming to Chicago. It’s the funniest possibility.

EDIt: I was just joking but it’s true.

https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/status/1721595011270365220?s=46&t=OxNS0oQRTXMDiN4qEfSnlQ

:lmao:

is that a real account?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm tired of seeing his dumb child face in the NL Central. GET HIM OUTTA HERE!

OH NO

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BrianJNBA/status/1721596328545845294

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

:thurman:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Has anyone else confirmed this?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Did Vogt get a ring from Atlanta for '21? He appeared in 26 games, which is way more than I was thinking.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I despise Counsell lol

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Geddy Lee of Rush is auctioning off 300 items from his massive baseball memorabilia collection. Included in the list are:

quote:

...a 1917 Chicago White Sox ball signed by Shoeless Joe Jackson, a 1942 Negro Leagues ball signed by Josh Gibson, and a Mickey Mantle bat that’s been traced back to the 1960 World Series. He also has a ball signed by The Beatles and four signed by John F. Kennedy.

The Beatles ball and Mantle bat alone are expected to go for $300k each and one of the JFK balls for $100k. He's also selling both of the final out balls from Johnny Vander Meer’s consecutive no-hitters.

https://theathletic.com/5022106/2023/11/06/geddy-lee-rush-baseball-collection/

Also mentioned in the article is the time he bought two huge collections of balls autographed by Negro League players and immediately donated them all to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hendricks is the only one left from 2016 now

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Geddy Lee of Rush is auctioning off 300 items from his massive baseball memorabilia collection. Included in the list are:

The Beatles ball and Mantle bat alone are expected to go for $300k each and one of the JFK balls for $100k. He's also selling both of the final out balls from Johnny Vander Meer’s consecutive no-hitters.

https://theathletic.com/5022106/2023/11/06/geddy-lee-rush-baseball-collection/

Also mentioned in the article is the time he bought two huge collections of balls autographed by Negro League players and immediately donated them all to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum.
Those are some crazy items

Although I would be very wary of anything purported to have been signed by Shoeless Joe as he was illiterate for most of his life. So more than likely someone else signed it.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I mean there's no question that Counsell is a better coach than Ross, but god drat do I hate Craig Counsell and his stupid face and dumb batting stance

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the last L on that Rosenthal account looks weird, I refuse to believe this until I see it other than the fake news site

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It really doesn't matter who the manager is.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

On the plus side, at least this pisses off a whole lot of Brewers fans :twisted:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

Has anyone else confirmed this?

We got an internal email

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Poque posted:

We got an internal email

lol ok thanks

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

the last L on that Rosenthal account looks weird, I refuse to believe this until I see it other than the fake news site

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has it

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I like Counsell. I think the team will be dogshit, but I like Counsell.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

DeepDickPizza posted:

I like Counsell. I think the team will be dogshit, but I like Counsell.

You don't sign a guy like Counsell to manage if you're not prepared to do something reckless with the team.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

R.D. Mangles posted:

is that a real account?

Little Kenny Rosenthal, yep

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Excuse me what the hell?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1721599435178926263

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao what the gently caress

Get MYSTERY TEAM'd nerds.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

What the gently caress?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Craig's running for office?! Good for him.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The Cubs are going to empty out their farm for Soto.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1721600737694929066

jesus christo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

David Ross going to a meeting about his contract like Tommy in Goodfellas.

uh but first pearl jam

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Lol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm tired of seeing his dumb child face in the NL Central. GET HIM OUTTA HERE!

Opened up this thread after seeing the news and this was my last unread post lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that money was earmarked for a fruitless republican congressional campaign in a Biden +20 district!!!!!!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

live with fruit posted:

You don't sign a guy like Counsell to manage if you're not prepared to do something reckless with the team.

Oh, they’re doing something reckless alright.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

$8 million per year for a manager? :psyduck:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Welp now that they've spent $40 million they can't afford to extend Bellinger!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Bandire posted:

I remember Benji Gil coming up in 1993 heralded as a huge prospect and franchise savior. I want to say I was even at his debut game or at least one very shortly after. What a massive bust he turned out to be.

Edit: Also massive lol that I am now getting SPRING TRAINING PRESALE emails from the Rangers. Who the gently caress buys Spring Training tickets in November?

I have an early memory of going to a Rangers game and filling out an all star ballot and picking all Rangers but when I was about to pick Benji Gil my dad made me pick Cal Ripken Jr. instead.