Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Am I crazy or did they read about Dozerfleet doing a collab with Sssniperwolf during one of those episodes? Who would have thought that he would have been the more sane one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think something like that might have come up in the reticulated whines episode of extra credit

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

change my name posted:

Am I crazy or did they read about Dozerfleet doing a collab with Sssniperwolf during one of those episodes? Who would have thought that he would have been the more sane one...

It’s in the 212 Dozerfleet episode, ~43 minutes in, during the lemon witch chapter. Just sounds like Jack Chick stumbled on the Sssniperwolf page somehow, maybe from the wiki, maybe from deviant art? I can’t tell.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

r/fantasywriters just up and vanished, there was apparently too many low-effort posts and mods didn't give a poo poo so someone scrapped the entire sub

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
But is the inevitable NSFW spinoff still up?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I just caught up with Extra Credit's Bizarrely Homestar-themed Camgirl Dungeon episode, and it was loving hilarious. It really felt like it was constantly on the verge of going off the rails, but somehow still worked out.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://thefpl.us/episode/394

Does this episode about spells work?

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
You cannot make a podcast episode appear out of thin air with Real Magik.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

ToxxicKira

EDIT:
FRIENDS

FRIENDS

FRIENDS

FRIENDS WITH THE DEVIL

DemonTrigger fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 31, 2023

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
gluten potion

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

This is from the r/relationships thread

Vim Fuego posted:

I joined an app called 'Just a Baby' matched with a cute girl close to my age who wanted an 'NI' donation (look it up). I was kind of iffy, but then that weekend she said she was ovulating and was wondering if I'd be willing to meet on short notice. I was horny af, and did so.

She was very sweet and we were respectful of each other. She got pregnant, although I understand it usually takes more than one try. I felt a strange sense of pride, but we agreed to go our separate ways after. Every so often we check up and things are going alright. This was years before the pandemic.

I read that and immediately thought of the "breeder" guy from 377: Your Chance At Love Has Been Removed By A Moderator https://www.reddit.com/r/AgeGapPersonals/comments/pfdyss/37_m4f_north_america_im_not_a_family_man_im_a/ . The Just a Baby site is still up.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

The two people who appear in the comments of every spell to poo poo on it are a rare find. It's like my favorite F Plus find, Knyte Owl, the person who hates RootbeerReviews.com but reads it religously.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

MarxCarl posted:

This is from the r/relationships thread

I read that and immediately thought of the "breeder" guy from 377: Your Chance At Love Has Been Removed By A Moderator https://www.reddit.com/r/AgeGapPersonals/comments/pfdyss/37_m4f_north_america_im_not_a_family_man_im_a/ . The Just a Baby site is still up.

There are definitely multiple apps like this; some friends of ours used one for a while looking for a sperm donor. Unsurprisingly, they are absolutely full of creeps, but not really in a funny way.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was relistening to the edging episode and got irrationally angry at "anti-no-fap" when "pro-fap" was right there.

Edit: Small world, the newest Nonsense Bazaar is called "Project Blue Balls". It goes into semen retention, the religious significance of not cumming, and it shares interviews with two practitioners.

One practitioner is refraining from jacking off one way to get balanced after he escaped a cult. The guy is not all there, but he's trying.

The other, he was definitely the audience that Morgan Blayde wrote for.

https://twitter.com/NonsenseBazaar/status/1719775101447442880

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 2, 2023

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

by puppytime

this is now my desktop background, i get so many intrusive thoughts from this podcast

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Better than ants with human dicks

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

There are definitely multiple apps like this; some friends of ours used one for a while looking for a sperm donor. Unsurprisingly, they are absolutely full of creeps, but not really in a funny way.

Can any of them at least turn into a horse

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

RandomPauI posted:

I was relistening to the edging episode and got irrationally angry at "anti-no-fap" when "pro-fap" was right there.

Edit: Small world, the newest Nonsense Bazaar is called "Project Blue Balls". It goes into semen retention, the religious significance of not cumming, and it shares interviews with two practitioners.

One practitioner is refraining from jacking off one way to get balanced after he escaped a cult. The guy is not all there, but he's trying.

The other, he was definitely the audience that Morgan Blayde wrote for.

[url]https://twitter.com/NonsenseBazaar/status/1719775101447442880[url]

Listening to this now, and I'm honestly not sure how to take it. The main host seems a little bit too enamored by the whole concept and credulous about the no-fap crowd's claims. And they also seem to have an entirely-too-positive view of 4chan.

EDIT:

Okay, later in the episode and they're saying "the jury's still out" on if semen retention affects the quality of one's cerebrospinal fluid. They completely misread the quick info they pull up saying that poor CS fluid can affect fertility (aka: if you have a loving spinal injury it will hurt your fertility). Yeah, gently caress that podcast and the idiots who host it.

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 6, 2023

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

4chan is a lot less interesting than people who don't go on 4chan think it is. It's not a Good Website, but its primary export is dumb arguments about nerd poo poo, which is not so different from other dead gay comedy forums on the internet.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

it's the only successful goon project

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Djeser posted:

4chan is a lot less interesting than people who don't go on 4chan think it is. It's not a Good Website, but its primary export is dumb arguments about nerd poo poo, which is not so different from other dead gay comedy forums on the internet.

It's pretty much the same as any other 2000s social media site that continues to exist afaict

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I figured the interviews were the most relevant thing. But then I spent too much time putting the rest of it into context and not enough time on the interviews. And thinking about it, the interviews are such a small chunk.

That said, the interviews were something else. Like the guy who was having a sex dream and then freaked out because his partner turned into venom.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

With a goo suit?

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
started screaming something about bones being turned into muscles, couldnt make heads or tails of it

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's pretty much the same as any other 2000s social media site that continues to exist afaict

depends where you are. /mus/ and /x/ are normal goofy sections. /pol/ and /r9k/ will probably create the next mass shooter.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I remember not actually thinking 4chan was that bad until I left 4chan forever and then would get linked it years later and kinda just went oh.

Like even the "good" ones are still awful, just slightly less overtly.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Around 2015 /pol/ broke containment and contaminated the boards that at least could be of use like /tg/ and /vg/, so instead of just needing to slide past a height of comedy/insult slur or bitching about feminist frequency while getting input on tabletop systems or whatever you have actual active diatribes routinely making GBS threads up anywhere you look. I'm real glad LPs steered me here to SA back in 2007 so I could escape that hellhole before I fell in too deep.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Famethrowa posted:

depends where you are. /mus/ and /x/ are normal goofy sections. /pol/ and /r9k/ will probably create the next mass shooter.

I spent a lot of time on /cgl/ which I like to call the more well-adjusted board, if only because these people made cosplay for the specific purpose of going out and meeting up with other people. Still full of petty assholes who will pile on anyone even slightly cringy and turn them in to their lolcow mascot...until mods fully banned threads made with the sole purpose of calling out specific people.

The board is still full of every -ism you can think of, which was why I eventually left. It stopped being fun, though, I do have to have a long time to think with myself about why I found it fun to begin with. Bouncing off of what Kitfox88 said, it's weird that this site somehow became the Less Bad version of 4chan, at some point

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I briefly dated a guy in the late 2000's who frequented /r9k/ and seemed to think it was both funny and a source for meaningful personal connection? I didn't check it out, which is for the best. I hope that dude is still alive and of broadly normal mental function.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Famethrowa posted:

like i said, social media

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

The 4chan-side joke about /r9k/ is that it's like Doomscrolling: The Board. It was supposed to be based on some kind of algorithmic "minimally unique content" posting but quickly became the board for the most morbidly depressed people on 4chan, which is really saying something.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I still read /co/ because they regularly post old cartoons that are harder to get via torrenting and post some webcomics early I will never stop reading but don't want to pay for. More importantly they turned me onto the show Pantheon (see av text) which is incredibly good.

It sucks rear end because /pol/ poo poo but it's fun to troll because they're so incredibly fragile and predictable.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Was there ever an announcement on if there would be a garbage day this year?

Insertnamehere31 fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 8, 2023

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought it'd been held this year but I must be thinking of last year

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

RandomPauI posted:

I thought it'd been held this year but I must be thinking of last year

Yeah, last year we raised $27K for the National Network of Abortion Funds. I think I may have been 10% of that myself.
https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1571532536915836930?t=aLDHafxqSCDSCd4cAYio9w&s=19

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I hope it happens this year or we get 48 terrible hours next year

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

48 fantastic hours!

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit talks about perfume people.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
For a forum about perfume they sure do talk about cum a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Not precum? That's a surprise