Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Four people, 3 of which are signed to BBT's companies. Gets Ronda ever so much closer to AEW, and since sex offenders are now fair game for him, signing a Sandy Hook truther would probably make no difference any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Ronda is an atrocious wrestler and couldnt get over in WWE idk why AEW would want her

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Kvlt! posted:

Ronda is an atrocious wrestler and couldnt get over in WWE idk why AEW would want her

They made her work a WWE style? She is probably still bad, but working a limited style of wrestling doesn't always work with people. See every luchador that isn't Rey Mysterio that had been in WWE.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Oil! posted:

They made her work a WWE style? She is probably still bad, but working a limited style of wrestling doesn't always work with people. See every luchador that isn't Rey Mysterio that had been in WWE.

She doesn't really understand Wrestling, she was very upset that she got boos as a heel.

I feel like a "Good Wrestler" would get that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Oil! posted:

She was someone who was praised and really over for the first 9 months of her run and then became the worst wrestler on the planet. I don't really want to see her wrestler but her doing an indie right after leaving WWE is really interesting and doing it with Athena is very interesting for match quality/trainwreck/political reasons all mixed into one.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I’m going to Seattle for the GCW and Defy shows to defend the honor of Judas Icarus from that one goon

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

syzpid posted:

Bix man, just don't defend them. More and more stuff about CCW is coming out seemingly every day. It's not like these are issues coming from small Indy wrestlers who might not be the most professional. It's coming from people that at least i would trust, Edith Surreal, Brooke Valentine, and now Steph Delander.
I wasn't defending them. I was waiting for SOMEONE to say SOMETHING substantive that wasn't just vague poo poo or playing a game of telephone. Steph did that. I'm sorry, but "a sponsor promised me X" and then refusing to clarify if the promoter did too is not reflective of the promoter. And Brooke Valentine was among those who were deliberately trying to make it seem like a sexual assault story when everyone agrees that it wasn't, so I would absolutely not include her with Steph and Edith.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I’m going to Seattle for the GCW and Defy shows to defend the honor of Judas Icarus from that one goon

I’ll be at the defy show cheering for nick cage to cut him open for being a scrub

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

born on a buy you posted:

I’ll be at the defy show cheering for nick cage to cut him open for being a scrub

I heard he's going to cut him because he has the Declaration of Independence, which has a treasure map on the back.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Holy poo poo!
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1721369954736304453

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lmao that rocks

Santana Jackson vs Mike Bailey was incredible

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Inspire Wrestling in Austin had an incredible show last night but this move By Brick Savage is maybe my favorite move I’ve ever seen and I need more people to see it.

https://x.com/bricksavage7/status/1721608725700517916?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Lmao that rocks

Santana Jackson vs Mike Bailey was incredible

i gotta watch that i love em both

when did he lose speedball from his name?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Kvlt! posted:

i gotta watch that i love em both

when did he lose speedball from his name?

He's still Speedball. At least, still in Impact Wrestling.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The_Rob posted:

Inspire Wrestling in Austin had an incredible show last night but this move By Brick Savage is maybe my favorite move I’ve ever seen and I need more people to see it.

https://x.com/bricksavage7/status/1721608725700517916?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

lol what the gently caress

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
I saw Mike Bailey wrestle live once, in my memory his offense was entirely moonsaults or triangle moonsaults

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Jesus loving Christ I bet that sucks lol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

lol what the gently caress

It’s like Bam Bam from flinstones invented a move.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

The_Rob posted:

It’s like Bam Bam from flinstones invented a move.

I'm pretty sure I saw Hulk do this to Loki one time.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 7, 2023

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The_Rob posted:

badass!

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Somewhere, there exists a clip of him putting a guy through a ceiling with that.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Whoolighams posted:

I saw Mike Bailey wrestle live once, in my memory his offense was entirely moonsaults or triangle moonsaults

He also kicks you but yeah, this is why Speedball rules

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Does he still come out to brass monkey

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

forkboy84 posted:

He also kicks you but yeah, this is why Speedball rules

I ain't saying otherwise for sure

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

History Comes Inside! posted:

At least when he is at DPW he does.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yes, and me convincing him to come out to Intergalatic fell on deaf ears

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ASEWrestling/status/1722032568701177988

The guy who tried to give Tony a flash drive full of racial statistics wants you to download a program to your computer to get an unlisted youtube link.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

A PDF file, also known as a program

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MLW isn't just running a bootleg Lucha Underground they stole their shady contract practices too.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1722275580266299614

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

MLW isn't just running a bootleg Lucha Underground they stole their shady contract practices too.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1722275580266299614

MLW claims they released him months ago and AAA never informed him.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1722280963143868622

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Don't know whether lolcourt or lolkonnan

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Pylons posted:

Don't know whether lolcourt or lolkonnan

Let's be real, it's lolboth. Even if MLW did their part right and AAA hosed up, Arez and Aramis are guaranteed to have contacted MLW since May, and at that point someone should have gone "poo poo, looks like AAA didn't get our memo, better clear this up soon."

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RGR Lucha Libre has a show booked at a little soccer arena that doubles as an indie wrestling school near me this Saturday.

An Hijo Del Vikingo and Penta main event and tickets cost less than a ppv? I'm so stoked.
I hadn't heard of them before, but looking them up they've been able to get some real stars for some of their shows and also some regular talent I've seen in California indies.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
BEYOND Wrestling has been hosting WRESTIVAL a group of indie shows centered around New Year's. The crowds the last two years have been abysmal and the schedule never makes any sense. This year is no different.

NYD is on a Monday. So you could run Saturday, Sunday and Monday all day and people wouldn't have to take off work to attend or stream. You could start things off with Friday evening shows if you wanted. They will not be doing that.

quote:

- Remarkable Wrestling - Thursday afternoon, 12/28/23 - 3:30pm ET doors, 4:00pm ET bell time

- Wrestling Open - Thursday night, 12/28/23 - 7:30pm ET doors, 8:00pm ET bell time

- Pizza Party Wrestling - Friday early afternoon, 12/29/23 - 11:30am ET doors, 12:00pm ET bell time

- Premier Wrestling Federation - Friday afternoon, 12/29/23 - 3:30pm ET doors, 4:00pm ET bell time

- Inter Species Wrestling x Sean Henderson Presents - Friday night, 12/29/23 - 7:30pm ET doors, 8:00pm ET bell time

- Expect The Unexpected Wrestling - Saturday early afternoon, 12/30/23 - 11:30am ET doors, 12:00pm ET bell time

- ICW: No Holds Barred PART 1 - Saturday afternoon, 12/30/23 - 3:30pm ET doors, 4:00pm ET bell time time

- ICW: No Holds Barred PART 2 - Saturday night, 12/30/23 - 7:30pm ET doors, 8:00pm ET bell time

- Rad Pro Rasslin' - Sunday early afternoon, 12/31/23 - 11:30am ET doors, 12:00pm ET bell time

- Blitzkrieg Wrestling - Sunday afternoon, 12/31/23 - 3:30pm ET doors, 4:00pm ET bell time time

- Beyond Wrestling "Heavy Lies The Crown '23" - Sunday night, 12/31/23 - 7:30pm ET doors, 8:00pm ET bell time

Yep they are running from Thursday afternoon until midnight on NYE. I usually take that week off and I can't imagine going to watch wrestling at noon on a Friday. It's not an awful lineup, there's a couple shows I could see going to. I just don't understand the business plan. Even if running in front of 20 people on Friday afternoon is somehow profitable... why wouldn't you just run that show on NYD. If you are willing to run NYE, why not NYD?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i can only assume that the point of half of those shows is to have a money mark "run their own promotion" (use the guys who are already in the building and get them paid again)

that ISW one has some guy's name in it even

also theoretically this is all IWTV content, which would matter if anyone anywhere in the world subscribed to IWTV. i think the last time i heard about anything on IWTV was when those cagefight shows were happening in a barn which was, what, early 2021?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

i can only assume that the point of half of those shows is to have a money mark "run their own promotion" (use the guys who are already in the building and get them paid again)

that ISW one has some guy's name in it even

also theoretically this is all IWTV content, which would matter if anyone anywhere in the world subscribed to IWTV. i think the last time i heard about anything on IWTV was when those cagefight shows were happening in a barn which was, what, early 2021?

We obviously don't have good subscriber numbers for IWTV but all indications are the numbers are miniscule. The working theory is it is run on a shoestring budget and the promotions on it are heavily dependant on sponsorships like you said, but even then, the decisions don't really make sense. But it's indie wrestling.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I really don't think I ever want to be at the White Eagle on a Friday at noon.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The other insane thing is a pass to all events is $240 and they are promoting that this is less than $22 per show.

If I am paying for standing room $22 does not sound like a very good bulk discount.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Excuse me but Sean Henderson is hardly some guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Big Dave posted:

Excuse me but Sean Henderson is hardly some guy

not a great sign