Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Trabisnikof posted:

all this negative biden polling means that we're going to see the most deranged media stunts over the next year and i'm excited

There's going to be a study that finds some experimental cancer treatment that works on like 0.2% of lab mice with a huge list of qualifiers and conditions that hasn't been replicated, and they'll blast us with headlines about how Biden kept his promise to cure cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Nothus posted:

They're going to preempt TV programming for wall to wall coverage of his show trials once primary season begins.

100%, and we'll see even more ramping up of the "block trump from the ballot" crusade

Willa Rogers posted:

I mean, they're still touting Bidenomics, even though his polling has only dropped since they started that bc of voters' lying eyes while shopping or house-hunting.

I guess he could have ukrainian orphans come to the WH but then he's start hair-sniffing & nipple-twisting so it'd backfire.

What else has he done for any voters, other than end covid relief & amp the country's genociding (including covid deaths in the u.s.), and how can they effectively use it for campaign purposes?

that's why it is so exciting, they're going to go to insane lengths to pump biden and make trump seem extra scary.

like we might get a star-studded fundraiser telethon, just to raise money to fight legal battles to prevent trump from being on the ballot...to save democracy!

maybe we'll get a new Pete dance.

meanwhile they'll probably make Kamala take on more and more "loser" issues, until she's doing 4 hour press conferences just to get through her laughing and saying "waaaht? Biden is alive and fixed it" on every issue

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Vim Fuego posted:

I'm glad that passenger rail only exists in the northeast, because that's the entire country

It sounds like it's all cleaning up after deferred maintenance.

quote:

"The investments announced today will rebuild tunnels and bridges that are over 100 years old; upgrade tracks, power systems, signals, stations, and other infrastructure; and, advance future projects to significantly improve travel times by increasing operating speeds and reducing delays," a White House fact sheet said.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I think it's hilarious that biden's campaign spent money on zoomer platforms & influencers only to have everyone under 50 start calling him genocidin' biden.

if someone remembers those zoomer mooks who were pimping for him a month ago please check to see how they're dealing with the I/P poo poo. I bet they're still doing tiktok dances about how great the economy is doing.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

I think it's hilarious that biden's campaign spent money on zoomer platforms & influencers only to have everyone under 50 start calling him genocidin' biden.

if someone remembers those zoomer mooks who were pimping for him a month ago please check to see how they're dealing with the I/P poo poo. I bet they're still doing tiktok dances about how great the economy is doing.

I would bet they’re all putting out content on how to #StopAntisemitism (thinking Palestinian people can feel pain and have souls). but who could bear to find out.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Willa Rogers posted:

A paycheck is a paycheck if you don't have any morals

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

Norman Ornstein said he didn't want to "sugar-coat" recent polls and the reasons behind the numbers, which "we will have to explore for many years."

“One of the things that I think is clear here is that most voters have paid no or little attention to Donald Trump’s legal problems,” Ornstein told MSNBC’s Ali Velshi. “That will change when we get criminal trials. And especially if and when we get convictions.”

Ornstein said that a lot will change over the course of the next year.

“When we get down to two choices, and we have one presidential candidate who is for a complete Muslim ban, who has supported and lunched with Nazis or neo-Nazis and who has criminal convictions,” he said, noting that combined with the issue of abortion, voters may end up seeing things differently.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/norman-ornstein-trump-biden-poll_n_6548ae52e4b0e3ecaf8a01f5
it's a 2 party system

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Trabisnikof posted:

100%, and we'll see even more ramping up of the "block trump from the ballot" crusade

I can't wait to be told that one choice on the ballot is democracy being defended

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

authoritarian cspam goons: wow, biden supporting a genocide and trashing the economy sure is ruining his poll numbers, he might lose Michigan over it!

wise pro-democracy consultants: what if we just remove the opposition candidate from the ballot in Michigan, to save democracy from the voters of Michigan not voting the right way!

https://freespeechforpeople.org/michigan-voters-challenge-trumps-ballot-eligibility-under-14-3-insurrectionist-disqualification-clause/

quote:

On September 29, 2023, Free Speech For People, on behalf of a diverse group of Michigan voters filed a legal challenge to Donald Trump’s candidacy. The complaint, filed with the Michigan Court of Claims against Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson, argues that Trump is constitutionally disqualified from public office under Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, for his role in inciting and facilitating the violent insurrection at the Capitol on January 6, 2021.

The voters are represented by Free Speech For People, which is serving as co-lead counsel in the matter, along with Goodman Acker P.C.

dont worry, you too can do your part to save democracy! Donate now!

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/fsfp-mfvef-14point3

Contributions will support Free Speech For People and Mi Familia Vota Education Fund to enforce a constitutional mandate that disqualifies insurrectionist lawmakers from holding public office. Donations made on this page are not political expenditures supporting or opposing Donald Trump or any other candidate, and they will not be used for any political purposes.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
What gets me is the forum for rational discourse™ has near complete opposition to even the idea that someone could examine the same set of facts and come to a different conclusion.

Only a troll would pretend to disagree! Only a troll would laugh at my conclusions or worldview!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"free speech for people" is some dark poo poo nomenclature-wise, especially on behalf of a political party trying to control & censor free speech.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Adenoid Dan posted:

What gets me is the forum for rational discourse™ has near complete opposition to even the idea that someone could examine the same set of facts and come to a different conclusion.

Only a troll would pretend to disagree! Only a troll would laugh at my conclusions or worldview!

Everything I Don't Like is Russian Trolling - The Discendo Vox Story

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
On the polls front, I have to laugh at all the numbers fucksteins going "turns out they don't matter at all!"

Polls 1 year ahead are useless in elections where the candidates are poorly known, but turns out they are pretty decent when the candidates are well known. For example, polls one year ahead for 2020:

That's an average Biden lead of 4.75 1 year ahead of the election, which ended up Biden 4.5

and for 2012:

That is a 2.3 average lead for an election Obama won by 3.9 (so all the comparisons to "Obama is doomed" are already false).

Right now polls average is Trump +0.9. And that is without taking into account that Biden probably needs to win by like 3% given republican electoral college advantage.

Of course, dem grifters will take this as "we need to spend more on messaging" rather than the more obvious "people's lives are poo poo right now"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/POTUS/status/1721611433480237528?s=20

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Adenoid Dan posted:

I know I'd be banned if I were to post in the feedback thread due to syq's but it's so weird how the rules are structured so that we aren't able to debate people in dnd yet we're also not supposed to be allowed to debate them by quoting them in cspam.

for those dnd'ers who've admitted obsessively hate-reading this thread: C'mon in, the water's fine! If you consider us to be dangerous revolutionaries whose purpose in life is to both vex you & corrupt others, then come show your work here! Talk us into the joys of centrist ideology & VBNMW!

this is why I've offered to be an ambassador to a truth & reconciliation committee between cspam & dnd: I think it's dumb having people in their separate-but-equal safe spaces & punishing people for debating outside those spaces.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

turns out the bitchmade president had protesters clear out prior. he's afraid of seeing protesters but he's fine with murdering kids.

joepinetree posted:

On the polls front, I have to laugh at all the numbers fucksteins going "turns out they don't matter at all!"

Polls 1 year ahead are useless in elections where the candidates are poorly known, but turns out they are pretty decent when the candidates are well known. For example, polls one year ahead for 2020:

That's an average Biden lead of 4.75 1 year ahead of the election, which ended up Biden 4.5

and for 2012:

That is a 2.3 average lead for an election Obama won by 3.9 (so all the comparisons to "Obama is doomed" are already false).

Right now polls average is Trump +0.9. And that is without taking into account that Biden probably needs to win by like 3% given republican electoral college advantage.

Of course, dem grifters will take this as "we need to spend more on messaging" rather than the more obvious "people's lives are poo poo right now"

I don't remember at all predictions saying Obama was losing. It always seemed very likely he'd win. Am I wrong?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nichael posted:

turns out the bitchmade president had protesters clear out prior. he's afraid of seeing protesters but he's fine with murdering kids.

I don't remember at all predictions saying Obama was losing. It always seemed very likely he'd win. Am I wrong?

we literally coined "arzy" as a verb, come now

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

I know I'd be banned if I were to post in the feedback thread due to syq's but it's so weird how the rules are structured so that we aren't able to debate people in dnd yet we're also not supposed to be allowed to debate them by quoting them in cspam.

for those dnd'ers who've admitted obsessively hate-reading this thread: C'mon in, the water's fine! If you consider us to be dangerous revolutionaries whose purpose in life is to both vex you & corrupt others, then come show your work here! Talk us into the joys of centrist ideology & VBNMW!

this is why I've offered to be an ambassador to a truth & reconciliation committee between cspam & dnd: I think it's dumb having people in their separate-but-equal safe spaces & punishing people for debating outside those spaces.
they want an enforced space where people are punished for discussing sexual assault allegations of the president

something similar would be collar tugging on a conservative platform and guess what it also does here

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 20:47 on Nov 6, 2023

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Excelzior posted:

we literally coined "arzy" as a verb, come now

you can't expect a delawarean to remember things

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

To fight misinformation and be a good liberal, you need to commit to believing and internalizing a list of things that are not strictly factually true. a new addition to this list: polls actually have no predictive power. To doubt Biden is to doubt god (but don’t you DARE say I like Biden. I’m actually super left wing)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

I'm glad that passenger rail only exists in the northeast, because that's the entire country

it's lovely and rambles along at like 110 mph max. compare that to high speed rail in China that's hitting 200-300 or even Eurostar thats close to 200.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Willa Rogers posted:

That's the thing, they don't want to debate. They don't want their views to be challenged or scrutinized. They're perfectly happy with sticking to D&D where their enemies can be probed for disagreeing with them too hard.

That's what always cracks me up when you have so many posters braying about how they want the rules more vigorously enforced, because while I'm sure there are some posters who legitimately want D&D to be some sort of "No fun allowed" discussion forum where they can roleplay as wizened scholars debating the issues in their smoking jackets and overstuffed leather chairs, the vast majority of them just want it to be against the rules to argue with them.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Willa Rogers posted:

https://twitter.com/harryjsisson/status/1689768218687066113

my rich bff Vivian Tu is now sponsored by amazon

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

is pepsi ok posted:

It is a good time to point out that the official poverty measure is calculated by taking the cost of the USDA's guidelines for the minimum amount of food a person needs and multiplying it by 3. iirc it works out to like $28k for a family of 4 and is not regionally adjusted

Not true! It's calculated by taking the cost of the USDA's guideline for the minimum amount of food a person needs to eat in 1963 * 3 adjusted for inflation. However, food is not part of core CPI, so it's wildly inaccurate. It is so inaccurate that currently, a family of 4 is not considered impoverished unless they make less than $30,000 a year. Or $2,500 a month, or $625 a week. For a family of four. The entire system is a joke.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

they want an enforced space where people are punished for discussing sexual assault allegations of the president

and that's fine! come tell us why it's cool for a racist rapist to be reelected! and in turn allow us to tell them why it's not cool for a racist rapist to be reelected!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/HC_Richardson/status/1623156144054104064

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

to his credit, he is posting I/P stuff, but lol at it

https://twitter.com/harryjsisson/status/1720587004893663731

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
He meant 20th century rail system right?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/harryjsisson/status/1690165701686841345?s=20
yes.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the_steve posted:

That's the thing, they don't want to debate. They don't want their views to be challenged or scrutinized. They're perfectly happy with sticking to D&D where their enemies can be probed for disagreeing with them too hard.

That's what always cracks me up when you have so many posters braying about how they want the rules more vigorously enforced, because while I'm sure there are some posters who legitimately want D&D to be some sort of "No fun allowed" discussion forum where they can roleplay as wizened scholars debating the issues in their smoking jackets and overstuffed leather chairs, the vast majority of them just want it to be against the rules to argue with them.

and that's fine too; only a few brave lefties post in usce or the i/p thread anymore. I don't care about whatever rules they come up for their shithole country bc it's obv. exactly what the regulars want.

but the continual bedwetting about what we post about here--including the claims that we're dangerous, radicalizing people, and a guerrilla resistance--is over-the-top sicko poo poo that's leaking outside of their safe space, bc they want to control cspam speech now that there's no dnd speech to control anymore.

like, socialsecurity used to piss & moan about cspammers invading their sacred space in dnd, and now they've switched to compulsive hatereading of the succ thread to prove cspam is the axis of evil. If anyone needs to be reined in it's them & their paranoid delusions, bc they will end up hurting people and that danger is greater than whatever allahu akbar revolution they imagine that cspam is up to.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lol what who is calling the succ thread a revolutionary spawning pit. that is deranged.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Nichael posted:

I remember people thinking he was going to lose after the 2nd debate where Mitt Romney spent 2 hours clowning on him

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

lol what who is calling the succ thread a revolutionary spawning pit. that is deranged.

me. brothers, and brothers: we must engage in radicalism. vote cspam threads five. subscribe to podcasts. send money to twitch streamers who are epic. a better world is possible.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

it's a 2 party system

When one party is defeated the other party absorbs its essence to become a superposition of both candidates. As metaphors go, this one ain't bad.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

it's a 2 party system

gamers will argue endlessly over who to kill first, but it's not the last boss

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

something similar would be collar tugging on a conservative platform and guess what it also does here

libs like d&d posters want to just box people into their preconceived views and silence anyone that challenges it. informing them that the leaders they back or the products they use are detestable just makes them hostile.

my bony fealty posted:

yeah lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

to his credit, he is posting I/P stuff, but lol at it

https://twitter.com/harryjsisson/status/1720587004893663731

Get this boy an account. We'll set him straight