Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Braksgirl posted:

Y'all are nice to me here so thanks for that.

Not so fast my friend, I still randomly dislike all rugs.

Catching up and Christ I'm sorry Pain of Mind that is terrible, and holy poo poo condolences Kiimo. I have an older brother who is in a spot where something is probably going to happen eventually and I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with the news when it comes.

e: loving goddamned page snipe, universe give me the slightest meaningless break please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thanks he passed away last night it's just such a shock. He got up early to meet to watch Chiefs / Dolphins and went to the hospital with breathing issues instead and I can't get past the idea that he went in and never left. I couldn't watch football, just mindlessly played Skyrim all night which simultaneously turned my brain off and yet somehow I kept coming back to central ideas and it was weirdly therapeutic.

58 is so young and we still don't even know what happened and likely never will. He had an appointment with a cardiologist Tuesday.

It helps that there are six kids in my family so even though we're down to five it's at least comforting that I have more siblings.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sorry kiimo, that’s awful.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm so sorry Kiimo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Deepest condolences kiimo, that really sucks. I'm glad you have other family to help deal with it.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Horrible news, I’m so sorry.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also yes I said Skyrim it was free to download on PS4 and I never played it back TWELVE years ago and the graphics of course are dated and the gameplay is a bit simplistic but it's amazing how quick I was completely hooked I guess it was reviewed like it was for a reason. Do I have a PS5? Yes. Do I have new games to dig into? Yes.

But I can't stop with this game.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kiimo posted:

Also yes I said Skyrim it was free to download on PS4 and I never played it back TWELVE years ago and the graphics of course are dated and the gameplay is a bit simplistic but it's amazing how quick I was completely hooked I guess it was reviewed like it was for a reason. Do I have a PS5? Yes. Do I have new games to dig into? Yes.

I completely get it. I'm pretty sure I've spent more hours in Skyrim than Liz Truss spent hours as Prime Minister of the UK.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
My condolences, Kiimo. That's horrible.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I never have liked RPG games or elder scrolls games and even I wasted hundreds of hours in Skyrim, had the horse with the flaming eyes, the assassin outfit, all the bow skills

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

kiimo posted:

Wait till you start modding (assuming PS has mods like Xbox)

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
My weird video game comfort zone is vanilla WoW, every so often I’ll boot up an old server and level a Hunter or warlock up to 60, run a few instances, then drop it again. Still never once set foot in BWL or Naxx, the most effort I’ve ever given it is MC/Ony and ZF (once my guild already has them on farm status) because I’m not scheduling around that kind of thing or bothering to understand strategy.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Condolences Kiimo, so sorry to hear about your loss.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Skyrim, any of the Borderlands and Stardew are my go-tos. Thousands of hours

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Echoing condolences for Kiimo and the other goons who have posted stuff they're going through. Here if you need anything.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't think there's anything, in all the Borderlands games, that I didn't explore. Maybe a few side games like Hammerlock and Jacobs' wedding but that's it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hot Diggity! posted:

My condolences, Kiimo. That's horrible.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thanks all, appreciate it. Love this dumb site

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

drat, sorry to hear that Kiimo, and yeah I enjoyed the borderlands games, played through them all, but basically dropped off a bit faster on each past the 2nd. I don't dislike any of them... though the plot in 4 is... more then a bit grating.

I've been going through Remnant 2 after falling off it like 2 weeks after it came out, it's pretty fun once you get a goofy boss weapon.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m so sorry Kiimo. That’s insane.

No right or wrong way to process grief.

Unless you play as an imperial.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol I'm still very much in the beginning, just bought my first house and the MISC missions said to join the Imperials and I thought I'm supposed to and even then i was like yeah I'm not doing that I don't think

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

lol I'm still very much in the beginning, just bought my first house and the MISC missions said to join the Imperials and I thought I'm supposed to and even then i was like yeah I'm not doing that I don't think

First Skyrim video still best Skyrim video. I remember seeing this and driving right to Best Buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTgUm8VEWiU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

kiimo posted:

Here’s my current dude, Snow Elf Ranger and my usual mods with some Archery/Poison stuff tacked on

https://imgur.com/a/Tq6hgnV

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I think I caught covid again. Symptoms are too light to test yet today, but woke up with some respiratory irritation, joints have been a bit stiff, and I'm feeling extra sore from my workout this morning.

I'm going to Asheville in two weeks with a buddy. I really hope I don't have to miss out :smith:

(Also, said Asheville trip was partially inspired by this thread. Any brewery recommendations are welcome!)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Sorry kiimo, losing someone that close is always hard. Glad you have other siblings to help out as well.

I appreciate everyone talking about how they’re playing that are sooo old when I routinely play my N64 and wii still.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 6, 2023

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Sorry kiimo, thats really rough and sudden. Its a lot harder when its out of the blue like that.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
My condolences on your brother, kiimo.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Sorry Kiimo :smith:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
That's just awful Kiimo, I'm so sorry. :smith:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

loving Covid :(

My condolences, Kiimo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

a sexual elk posted:

Think I need to invest in a leaf blower

https://imgur.com/a/RLtgZo0

This is the part where u run your lawnmower over this area a bunch of times and enjoy free tree fertiliser to feed them over the winter

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

This is the part where u run your lawnmower over this area a bunch of times and enjoy free tree fertiliser to feed them over the winter

The leaves are covering the dozens of soft ball sized rocks haha

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

a sexual elk posted:

The leaves are covering the dozens of soft ball sized rocks haha

Coward :colbert:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
That's so awful kiimo, I'm so sorry. I really feel you on them just going to the hospital and never getting out - it's what happened with my grandma. I think I ended up playing a ton of Civ2 and Sims 3 plus dumb Sporcle trivia games after because it was too much to do much else.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Tulalip Tulips posted:

That's so awful kiimo, I'm so sorry. I really feel you on them just going to the hospital and never getting out - it's what happened with my grandma. I think I ended up playing a ton of Civ2 and Sims 3 plus dumb Sporcle trivia games after because it was too much to do much else.
Yeah, you just can't ask much of yourself when something like this happens.

I'm sorry kiimo, hang in there, grieve, do what you need to.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm so sorry for your brother kiimo :( Do whatever you have to do to deal with the loss and don't feel bad about it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm sorry for your loss kiimo. Take solace that he's not in pain and presumably did not suffer for long.

Do what you gotta do to grieve. I played Guitar Hero for like 6 hours after my dad died because it was the only way to turn my brain off.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

The Big Jesus posted:

We’ve been pushing our kids schedule over the past week to prepare. Now I’m gonna miss sleeping in until 6:30.

5’11” is a liars height.

I'm the other kind of 5'11 liar: "I'm basically six feet tall"

My 13 year old son is probably going to get to live the dream, he's already 5'9

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Intruder posted:

I'm the other kind of 5'11 liar: "I'm basically six feet tall"

My 13 year old son is probably going to get to live the dream, he's already 5'9

I was 6'1", almost 6'2".

Then a compression fracture at my T12 disc took two inches off my height. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

The Big Jesus posted:

5’11” is a liars height.

as someone who's 5' 11", I just say 5' 10" since no one would ever believe anyone who said 5' 11" and to gently caress with the people who stretch to saying they're 5' 10".