Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Wait, at the end of the season, my rank doesn't matter other than losing 30 ranks from it? So there's pretty much no reason to not continue playing, even if I drop below my current rank if I don't care about climbing again?!

Unless you're at Infinite it's actually better to keep playing cause there's a chance you'll gain rank and unlock more rewards that would otherwise vanish in the season reset.

Note: if you want to. None of the rank track rewards are good enough that they're worth dealing with laddering stress, so play when ya want, whatever rank you're at and whatever season it is.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
There are only two things that matter in regards to your rank:

A) What prizes you get this season
2) What rank you start at next season to get those prizes

So play if you want to, or don't. If you're having fun it never hurts to keep on grinding, but if ladder is giving you anxiety just put it down for a while.

hogs do not cry okay
Apr 21, 2003

FireWorksWell posted:

Doc Ock and Shang, forever inseparable
His new best friend is Alioth.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Devo posted:

Got Dan Hipp Leader from a season box. Need Leader boosters immediately.

Early testing so not a ton of stats yet, but you have three game plans.

Plan 1: Drop Ironheart, Wong, White Tiger, Odin all in the same line and poo poo tigers everywhere
Plan 2: Good old fashioned Wong, Panther, Zola
Plan 3: Wave on 3 into Leader on 4, Odin the Leader on 6

Amy is there because she's Amy. Nightcrawler and Jeff! help you get into closed off lanes. Iceman is there to do something early; could maybe be a Nico or something else (Echo?!?).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

suddenly seeing a whole lotta opposing 1-drops.

Killmonger's cleaning up

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I had no idea this hot location was coming when I posted that deck

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
This is definitely a good example of a location to exploit for infinite getting

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I'm confused. Bar With No Name (lowest power wins). I dropped Snowguard Bird t6 to disable it to get around the locations rule on the sly. It didn't work, though. I've gotten this to work with "kill on play" locations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
End of game the bird effect ends and then it tallies score

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Oh "Until end of game" not "through end of game."

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Yep, made the same Snowgaurd mistake with a full “-3 Power” location. Was banking on those 12 points versus their one card there…

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Is Central Park a sneaky featured location? Lots of squirrels out

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Devo posted:

I had no idea this hot location was coming when I posted that deck

I took it to Round 4 of an Infinity Conquest thanks to some aggressive snapping, excellent deck.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/MarvelSnapZone/status/1721302723931590732

I blew all 4 caches on getting Werewolf, so the one cache I can get this week is going to get me anything but Alioth

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So you can just randomly get B&W splits? I randomly got a B&W of my Artgerm Doctor Doom, which is pretty rad I guess.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

When buying the variants with gold, how long do you have to buy 9 to get the premium variant for free? Does it reset or stay indefinitely?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

New Leaf posted:

So you can just randomly get B&W splits? I randomly got a B&W of my Artgerm Doctor Doom, which is pretty rad I guess.

That's the ink split, no? I believe they show up after 4 splits of a card, across all variants.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

New Leaf posted:

I think as long as you’ve got at least 4 variants or splits of a card, the b&w is in play, along with the gold background?

Bummer of the B&W cards is that usually they look best without any upgrades but then they’re just sitting there, unupgraded, taunting you

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

obi_ant posted:

When buying the variants with gold, how long do you have to buy 9 to get the premium variant for free? Does it reset or stay indefinitely?

I don't believe it resets, at least I've never seen it do so

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Got my first Infinity Conquest win with KM Best's Loki WWbN deck. It was pretty easy all things considered, including the final match against a Negative player that never got Negative out before t4, and snapped (and lost) each round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GXT-gGi49s

eyJOYW1lIjoiV29sZiBCZXR0ZXIgVGhhbiBFbHNhIiwiQ2FyZHMiOlt7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkZhbGNvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR3JlZW5Hb2JsaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikxva2kifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hcmlhSGlsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmljb01pbm9ydSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUXVpbmpldCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VudGluZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTbm93Z3VhcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRoZUNvbGxlY3RvciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2VyZXdvbGZCeU5pZ2h0In1dfQ==

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

obi_ant posted:

Once you meet the requirements for the gimme, why would you delay?

Also, the 'premium' mystery variant is likely going to be a regular 700-cost variant. Just FYI before you spend 800 gold.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

obi_ant posted:

Progress does not reset until you hit 10 and claim your PMV, but you cannot claim more than once a week. So don't buy more than 20 variants a week. :v:

To expand on what Red said: PMVs come in batches of nine, three of which are Super Rare and the rest are regular 700G variants. So once you've had three 1200Gs the boxes will be poo poo for a while. Overall it's still 7800G of value for 7800G of buying (if you buy eight PMVs directly and two 700G variants to make up the ten), excluding the tokens.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

curse my lack of Nico

incidentally: I really like this guy's weekly snap podcast, "The Snapshot."

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Fate Accomplice posted:

curse my lack of Nico

incidentally: I really like this guy's weekly snap podcast, "The Snapshot."

Some one I'm missing, too.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

canyonero posted:

Got my first Infinity Conquest win with KM Best's Loki WWbN deck. It was pretty easy all things considered, including the final match against a Negative player that never got Negative out before t4, and snapped (and lost) each round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GXT-gGi49s

eyJOYW1lIjoiV29sZiBCZXR0ZXIgVGhhbiBFbHNhIiwiQ2FyZHMiOlt7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkZhbGNvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR3JlZW5Hb2JsaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikxva2kifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hcmlhSGlsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmljb01pbm9ydSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUXVpbmpldCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VudGluZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTbm93Z3VhcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRoZUNvbGxlY3RvciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2VyZXdvbGZCeU5pZ2h0In1dfQ==

I played this for a while minus Goblin, I think I had Agent 13 instead? I'm just a bad Bounce player, when is Falcon utilized? I never know what to do with him.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I use Falcon to scoop up 1 drops to power up Collector a little bit, clear the board up so WWbN can move around easier, and to pickup/replay Nico since most of her spells are positive or neutral, while also moving WWbN.

I don't think there's a "wrong" time to use Falcon except if doing so would fill your hand up and you want your next draw. But on t5, I'd rather pickup my 1drops and fill my hand than draw America Chavez anyway. Well I guess t6 is always the wrong time to use Falcon.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Finally got my beautiful Sand Bae glowing:

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
I am so, so sick of seeing Loki every game. I wish I could snap his whole stupid season out of existence.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

quote:

## Mobius M. Mobius Update
We've heard a lot of feedback around the change we made to Mobius M. Mobius following the patch update on 10/31. In the interest of being transparent and addressing your concerns, we're letting you all know that Mobius M. Mobius will revert to his previous Ongoing functionality as a 3/3 in the upcoming OTA scheduled for 11/9.

can't say I expected that

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
lol

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
lmao again

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
3/3 is not a very good statline.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

flatluigi posted:

can't say I expected that

First, lol. Second, doesn’t that mean they never took out his original functionality in the first place…? Third, great, more loving same-same meta for a month, pick your poison if you want that to be Loki bullshit or the miserable meta we had just before that!!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BoldFace posted:

3/3 is not a very good statline.

Well, we have 3 days to bully them into changing it

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

They should just alternate buffing/nerfing MMM every other day to give players a taste of both lovely metas.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Crummelhorn posted:

I am so, so sick of seeing Loki every game. I wish I could snap his whole stupid season out of existence.

have I got news for you

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
well, 3/3 is mediocre but not unplayable I guess

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I get all the way to final Infinite Conquest, then the guy manages to use Alioth on T5 and just ruins my gameplan. Oh well.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
look, they're a super small, start up indie dev. company with only a few people. they're trying their best ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

loving Christ I should have known better.. I am playing that Loki deck in Infinite Conquest and I'm against a junk deck. I have seen Collector ONCE out of 5 games. This game is so loving dumb sometimes.