Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Wonder how liability works in HK these days. You'd think attendees could sue the organizer but it's China so it might just be tough titty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lol this is funny but also horrifying

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Going blind and just remembering what your ape looks like can only make it a more valuable property, just the like destroying the diamond after you've produced the diamond nft.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

This may be the room that zapped them. An 'art bathroom'

:lol:

https://twitter.com/crypto_birb/status/1721222853394121193/photo/1

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Some motherfuckers are always trying to slurp juice uphill.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Is slurp juice fluorescent under UV light?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Love how they have to be so submissive.

"It was a great event! Amazing! Wonderful! Just a sliiiiight little suggestion for the event runners, who by the way are WONDERFUL AMAZING PEOPLE, but maybe you should say something officially about the eye boiling room."

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
There is something a bit poetic to losing your eyesight because of bad internet art.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Three Olives posted:

There is something a bit poetic to losing your eyesight because of bad internet art.

Someone call Goethe!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Three Olives posted:

I guess it does have a bit of a biblical feel to it.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Thanks for great apefest guys

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
It sucks to have potentially permanent eye damage due to the negligence and hubris of the organizers and I do legit feel bad for those affected.

I also happen to think it is really god drat funny as well.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0187738/trivia/

quote:

Over 30 members of the cast and crew were temporarily blinded by the misuse of UV lights in the vampire autopsy scene.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
When God takes your eyesight for the sin of worshipping a false idol as degenerate as a bored ape that should be a wake-up call.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

While technically not cryptocurrency, the Earth 2 scam celebrated their third birthday last week. Nothing new was announced l, infact the project seems to have completely stalled since they acquired the drone game.

The only "news" is that they recently lost their crypto advisor.

I think they've realized all they have is a spreadsheet with a png of earth behind it, and a web game written entirely in html.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

resistentialism posted:

Going blind and just remembering what your ape looks like can only make it a more valuable property, just the like destroying the diamond after you've produced the diamond nft.

This reminded me of a short story about a woman whose occupation was extracting her own memories and turning them into "coins". Those coins could be sold to other people to relive from the coin, somehow.

I wish I could remember what it was called. It was a great story. I think it was narrated and featured on Escape Pod. It had a memorable passages in which the woman, with great care and delicacy, crushed to death the last specimen of a now-extinct flower, and extracted that memory into a very expensive coin.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

HolHorsejob posted:

you mean the idiots that gave their money to alameda

and to ftx

but the key thing to keep in mind is that all crypto is zero sum: everyone who has made money took it from someone else. people can seem rich marking their tokens to market, but anyone who is actually rich - has dollars in a bank account - got those dollars from someone else

ftx and alameda are the source of many of the dollars that "net winners" from crypto have in their bank accounts. that's how they can have "misplaced" so much money - it went to all the people who got actual money.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Boxturret posted:

Love how they have to be so submissive.

"It was a great event! Amazing! Wonderful! Just a sliiiiight little suggestion for the event runners, who by the way are WONDERFUL AMAZING PEOPLE, but maybe you should say something officially about the eye boiling room."

the bi polar nature of coinerz and techbros pisses me off soooo much.

like its either the smuggest "have fun being poor!!!!" or "why didnt anyone warning me 9999999.....999999999+1 times that this was bad? help im going to be homeless and insurance less!"

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
This must be the real reason Wesley Snipes wouldn't open his eyes in Blade Trinity.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Does burning eyeballs cause the rest of ours to go up in value? Feeling richer today :smug:

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Has anyone minted this incredible “apes fry their eyeballs” event on the blockchain yet?

We’ll be able to sell this event as a tangible good and relive the glory days over and over again

EDIT: guys the apes who are now blind should sell the event coins themselves to pay for their medical bills! I’m so smart

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Three Olives posted:

usually it takes my posting

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Has anyone minted this incredible “apes fry their eyeballs” event on the blockchain yet?

We’ll be able to sell this event as a tangible good and relive the glory days over and over again

EDIT: guys the apes who are now blind should sell the event coins themselves to pay for their medical bills! I’m so smart

No that's stupid

they should hold onto it and see its value go up up UP!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

that's actually blacklight or UV-A

those splotches weren't put there by event staff

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
A bunch of NFT weirdos being literally blinded by a half-thought out terrible idea is surely a metaphor for something

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

smoobles posted:

lol this is funny but also horrifying

e: too much

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 7, 2023

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
If those monkey morons want to fry their eyes out, I say let em!

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

I know it isn’t bitcoin related per se, but WeWork is an equivalent scam and it just filed for bankruptcy today and this fills me with delight

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I know it isn’t bitcoin related per se, but WeWork is an equivalent scam and it just filed for bankruptcy today and this fills me with delight

WeWork is great because it seems so clear that it was a scam. Like the detail where the founder was buying properties and then renting them to the company.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Froghammer posted:

A bunch of NFT weirdos being literally blinded by a half-thought out terrible idea is surely a metaphor for something
A bunch of greed-addled morons getting burned by trusting people who were clearly winging it and not following any of the usual safeguards? Yeah that does sound familiar.

Toilet Terror
Aug 5, 2006
Swirlie
The invisible hand of the free market just became even less visible than usual.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Blind ape yacht club

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Gutcruncher posted:

Blind ape yacht club

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Bitcoin: Blind ape yacht club.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
Apparently Yuga suddenly grew eyes thanks to the lasers because they canned their social media lead for saying absolutely vile stuff about... pretty much everyone, for years.
https://twitter.com/CryptoVonDoom/status/1721195090255712756

Of course he made a statement about how the constant stream of racist garbage that he spewed out over a long time frame doesn't reflect who he is now, a loving ape man trying to improve his community through virtual jpeg tokens. Alas it is the woke mob that cannot accept a changed ape, they're the real criminals for not seeing that he is a changed man who loves every color and creed of poorly drawn monkey cartoons.

https://twitter.com/NGBxShpend/status/1721066217644147126

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The apes are fighting each other!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The moment I became a member of this allegedly multibillion-dollar enterprise, would you believe it, all racism simply left my body so as not to threaten profit margins. I assure you that now I love everyone who gives us money equally, even if they belong to one of the objectively inferior races.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

smoobles posted:

The apes are fighting each other!

It's okay, they mostly swing and miss, for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

that ain't SOME tweets, that's like dozens and dozens of racist tweets. and a few are from 2020 lol, not sure how he thought they were lost to time or some poo poo LOL.