Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I measured as 5'11 and a half in football and I held onto that half for dear life for years to round up to 6'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I had spent so long lying to myself that I had forgotten I wasn't 5'10, but actually 5'8.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Timby posted:

I was 6'1", almost 6'2".

Then a compression fracture at my T12 disc took two inches off my height. :(

My scoliosis makes me shorter than I otherwise could be. I should be taller than my straight(er)-spined little brother, dammit :argh:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

I measured as 5'11 and a half in football and I held onto that half for dear life for years to round up to 6'

I measured at 6'2 and 3 quarters. And when I was younger I held on to that 3/4ths at all costs even though it still meant I was 6'2.

I...got over this eventually.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

I measured 5'10" in the sixth grade for basketball, and dreams of being 6'3", and then I measured 5'11" senior year for basketball, so you bet your rear end I am hanging onto that extra inch

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I was 5’11 in secondary and then directly after buying new clothes for work, I had a growth spurt at 21 and all my jeans were too short

The units don’t match exactly but I went from like 180cm to 185cm lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/TownsUsa/status/1721561164273037698

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

"See you at the Crossroads, where you won't be lonely..."

:stare:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I shrank a bit on hrt and am now 6' and 0.5", and that as a height is *really hard to say* in conversation

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
6'4", and taller than both my kids, which really ticks off my oldest.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JPrime posted:

6'4", and taller than both my kids, which really ticks off my oldest.

I hope you give him a loving kiss on his forehead from above whenever this comes up.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Everyone in my dad's family, including the women, are all at least 6' tall. He married my 4'11" mother though so now I'm the smallest person on that side of the family at 5'9" :argh:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Please… my spreadsheet fingers can only move so fast…

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’m 6’3” and the short one in my family, my kid’s mom is only 5’10” and she’s also the short one in hers, now my daughter has hit 5’8” at 11 years old and it’s pretty ridiculous, she’s bigger than most of her teachers

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I’m 6’3” 215 lbs.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Grittybeard posted:

I hope you give him a loving kiss on his forehead from above whenever this comes up.

he's *checks* 1200 miles away in arkansas with his wife and my granddaughter so that doesn't happen too often :negative:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
My height changes depending on which convenience store I am leaving

RIP Mitch

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Sorry I'm late but I did want to say that I'm very sorry for your loss, kiimo.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m 6’9 and 420lbs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Freaquency posted:

Please… my spreadsheet fingers can only move so fast…

lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

I’m 6’3” 215 lbs.

is this a trump joke

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Silly Burrito posted:

I’m 6’3” 215 lbs.

What are you, my brother?

Just kidding, he’s like 240.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I've never worried about adding or subtracting an inch from my height because I'm short either way -- 5'7"

My parents are 6 '1" and 5'0" so it was a crapshoot; my brother needed to take HGH to grow fully but now he's 6'1" and I'm totally not jealous of him

edit: female friends of mine have strongly, bizarrely, divergent opinions on if I should add an inch or two to my height on dating apps haha

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

is this a trump joke

it's no joke it's the perfect measurements the best measurements a person could be

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

shirts and skins posted:

I shrank a bit on hrt and am now 6' and 0.5", and that as a height is *really hard to say* in conversation
I went from being able to fudge it and say 6' and now I'm pretty solidly 5'10.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

it's no joke it's the perfect measurements the best measurements a person could be

Pfft. I weigh about that much and I'm only 5'9. :smug:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

6’3 240.

My dad is 5’10 and my mom is 5’5, and I outgrew them both by the time I was in 7th grade. You wouldn’t guess I was their kid if I didn’t look like an exact mix of the both of them.

My wife is 5’10 and my kiddo is solid 90s in growth percentile and seems to be made of tungsten. I’ll bet she’s going to be a bit of a hammer. Hopefully volleyball or something.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Made the pad thai recipe from hot thai kitchen tonight and... man this is loving delicious

https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/best-pad-thai/

Not as sweet as pad thai I get from a restaurant and I think that actually works better

I did leave out the tofu, used chicken instead

e: 70g ended up being a LOT of garlic chives, I'll probably cut that in half next time

also this is like 3 peoples worth of food

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 7, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I finally got around to watching Across the Spiderverse because it showed up on Netflix. I’m extremely annoyed at the ending.

WTF? It’s over 2 hours long and it’s not even a complete movie? Why the gently caress did this need to turn into a multi movie event?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm 6 foot :smugdog:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The instant I heard it was a cliffhanger I cancelled plans to see it. I'll never forget Back to the Future 2. I never saw Back to the Future 3.

gently caress any movie that ever does this. You instantly lose me as a customer. I don't pay for TV episodes, where cliffhangers are fine. Paying movie prices for half a story then having to pay them again 2 years later for the rest of it? gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztKufG63o00

They remade the CHEFS commercial, but worse

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’m 6’5 and my wife is about a foot shorter, and both sides of my family are real tall, so the conversation once we had a baby was when she would be taller than my wife - not if, when.

I got that COVID booster on Sunday, and have been struggling with a bad fever and all the symptoms since Sunday night. Think I might be through the worst, but this has been a ride.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My deepest condolences and sympathies to you and your fam, kiimo :smith: same to you, Pain of Mind :(

I'm 5'10", and as of Saturday I was 222lbs - despite how much more walking I've been doing since I moved, that's the heaviest I've ever been. Time to get in front of that.

My PODS container finally got delivered on Saturday (30 days later!). I spent most of that day emptying it out on my own. Sunday morning my cousins came over and helped me with the heavy items, plus helped me unpack boxes. Feels so nice to live in an apartment rather than an empty vault.

Here's a 4 minute video of my container being dropped off (HD processing underway):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od-ONPpXM-A

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

GD_American posted:

The instant I heard it was a cliffhanger I cancelled plans to see it. I'll never forget Back to the Future 2. I never saw Back to the Future 3.

gently caress any movie that ever does this. You instantly lose me as a customer. I don't pay for TV episodes, where cliffhangers are fine. Paying movie prices for half a story then having to pay them again 2 years later for the rest of it? gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Old man yells at cloud

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

No Butt Stuff posted:

Old man yells at cloud

Yeah, what a weird hill to die on. All three movies are fun!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Intruder posted:

Made the pad thai recipe from hot thai kitchen tonight and... man this is loving delicious

https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/best-pad-thai/

Not as sweet as pad thai I get from a restaurant and I think that actually works better

I did leave out the tofu, used chicken instead

e: 70g ended up being a LOT of garlic chives, I'll probably cut that in half next time

also this is like 3 peoples worth of food

Checks out at a glance, though I don't know that we've ever used pickled radish when we make ours. Sounds tasty though.

E: Namedropping Healthy Boy soy sauce in one of the related recipes, OK this lady is trustworthy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

GD_American posted:

This feels like a weird way to react to that.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I went from being able to fudge it and say 6' and now I'm pretty solidly 5'10.

hell yeah. although honestly I could take or leave height loss but I'd love for my feet to shrink some more. I'm down a half size but most cute things are so far away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Amy Pole Her posted:

This feels like a weird way to react to that.

I don't remember people losing their minds over the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie, which basically just stops in the middle of the action (and ends with a sting to announce that Barbossa is back), and then goes, "See you next year!"

For whatever reason, Spider-Verse seems to have broken a lot of people, even though it was announced in 2021 that Across the Spider-Verse was Part One.