Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
We are witnessing one of the worst teams ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Follow up post but I am unconvinced the Canucks have a second power play unit.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Make a wish foundation handing out goals rear end team in San Jose dear god.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens are back baby

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
We should maybe have not signed Pettersson to a bridge contract.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
It's weird to see the Canucks play a game like this - two good teams really slugging it out. It's been like a decade. Fun, though.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

ay yai yai kraken

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Mr. Kite posted:

We are witnessing one of the worst teams ever.

I paid money to see two terrible teams. I’m a sucker.

I just watched Dumo skate into a 2 on 1 and turn it over. Ffs.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

10-2

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

Keith Mars posted:

The Sharks are going to let in another 10, aren't they

Edit: That was a roller style goal, that was nice
Called at 5-0 with 11 minutes left in the 2nd. You'd think the Pens might slow down and just run the clock out, but nah they're hunting for points lol

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I've watched some god awful Pens teams in my day when they were tanking pre-Sid but this San Jose team is close to as bad as them all

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Someone fire Hakstol already. And take Dunn with him.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

That’s Kraken hockey, baby. :smith:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Dallas can just never beat the Canucks :(

Oh well, 2 out of 3 in Western Canada ain't bad

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Jack Hughes sounds like the name of a Phoenix Wright character

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

holy poo poo dawson mercer (1c) got a point. it's a christmas miracle

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Who needs Hughes when we have Max Willman!?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Vitek good?

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

vanecek is making some amazing saves this year when he isn't giving up softies. that was a robbery

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

How did Meier not score there lol

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

lmao Domi just got referred to as Tie

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Oh weird Knies suddenly makes plays when he’s not being centred by a fourth liner, who would have thought

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Aaaaand Samsonov loses his post on a fairly routine play

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Jesus put Samsonov out to pasture

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

What uh, what was everyone doing on that entry

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Tavares is being abused defensively right now and the defensive structure is very slow to form when Tampa gets in the zone. I know Keefe changed the Leafs D strategy this year and it really seems like it’s not working for this group.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Someone tell Samsonov he has to push across before falling over, instead of just hitting the ice on the pass and leaving the entire net open

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i just got done with work and the blue jackets are being outshot 21-1 with 7 minutes to go in the first period.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Holy poo poo the Leafs are trash

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

That was all Gregor, no reason to charge at Kucherov there

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I gave up on the Columbus / Florida game with about 10 minutes to go in the first with Florida leading the SOG 16-1 and the game 3-0.

I get out of the shower with about a minute to go in the first and see the SOG are 21-6 and the score 3-2. :iiam:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

One positive: Domi line with Robertson has had only good shifts

Two positives: xG at evens is tied (and was before the last two goals, it’s not score effects), the difference is Samsonov and the PK. Leafs aren’t getting crushed the way the score implies.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

CBJSprague24 posted:

I gave up on the Columbus / Florida game with about 10 minutes to go in the first with Florida leading the SOG 16-1 and the game 3-0.

I get out of the shower with about a minute to go in the first and see the SOG are 21-6 and the score 3-2. :iiam:

i guess everything turned around when i started watching :cheersdoge:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I know his numbers were awful last year, but Spencer Martin has not looked bad in his appearances this season.

Tonight aside, Elvis hasn't looked bad either, and at least some of tonight could be attributed to every other player in a white jersey on the ice forgetting how hockey worked.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Gostars

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Pretty good set of games on today, Tampa/Toronto and Bruins/Stars as legit contender contests, then Edmonton/Vancouver where I’d guess either McDavid is going to go off.. or it’s going to get super messy in Edmonton.

Edit: Martin was fine in van until he was asked to step into a role that was beyond him. And to be fair I don’t think there are many non Vezina winners who wouldn’t have sucked in that dumpster fire.

VOTE1 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 7, 2023

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Dehaan and perbix seeing Knies parked in front of their goalie: :effort:

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Well at least Matthews is still on pace for 90 goals

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hey remember when Keefe played Knies with Matthews in the playoffs and it worked pretty well? Weird it took so long for him to do it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: Bahahahahahahaha holy poo poo it's tied :siren:

Bob saw the first period by Elvis and said hold my beer.