Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Too bad for Sharks and Penguins fans, but everyone else can still enjoy watching their teams battle it out for playoff positioning and posting in this November game day thread! Let's go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gostars I'm sorry I'm not watching

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1D1l7mdgU8

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
This is a stupid review

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

seems like predictions of the Flames being cooked going into the third were somewhat exaggerated.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Jani Hakanpaa is not "a really solid NHL defenseman" Calgary broadcast lol

he is a clown on skates.. still a hell of a move by Zary though, would have been an amazing goal

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Hanifin mad.

I mean, that was not a very good PP, Zary breakthrough aside.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

holy gently caress.. Suter and Lindell out there with the 4th line.. that was a recipe for disaster

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Oettinger had no idea where that was.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

too bad for Calgary.. they surely deserved a better result than that tonight after that 3rd period effort.

The nice thing about having an amazing goaltender is that your team wins most or all of the games they deserve to and around half the ones they don't. I knew Calgary would be a desperate team tonight and the game pretty much went according to those expectations.. I was worried about 2 losses in 2 nights vs Calgary and Edmonton so I'm happy for the points

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I don't think EDM is gonna have an easy night tomorrow.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

MoaM posted:

I don't think EDM is gonna have an easy night tomorrow.

Edmonton man-handled Dallas the last two games they played last year.. those were probably the worst beatings the Stars took all year. And the Stars hadn't even played the night before lol those times lol.. I just think they'll be at the top of their game and the Stars are going to be on the back foot.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
But they have extra time to rest because the game is so late?

Wait, how do time zones work?

Stars just being the Stars again this year.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Stars will find a way to make it interesting, even if it's one sided. Maybe someone will poo poo all over the ice as the oilers kill them 8 to -2, or a Star will do a triple flip without dying as the Stars barely eke out a shootout win.

Season is still fresh, but I expect tonight to be a mess one way or another

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Gut check for the Rangers playing a good team and not some sad sack Canadian teams. Good luck!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
#MEATMARKET :siren:

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
drat that was a nice pass from bread.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Insane pass from Panarin. The shaved head has truly changed this man.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

If Trouba wants to work his magic on TonyD tonight, I don’t think anyone will be mad.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

If Trouba wants to work his magic on TonyD tonight, I don’t think anyone will be mad.

The “Tony D does something dumb to hurt his team” watch is on. Bonus points if Rod scowls afterwards (more than usual).

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Islanders have 2 goals on 2 shots tonight.

If these trends continue.....

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Please for the love of god let Fox be ok.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Loving the game management!

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Fuckin hell the Leafs defence is atrocious

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

loving marchand

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Marchand you loving rat

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Klingberg and Samsonov are hopeless

But also that was interference by Pastrnak on Klingberg and lol at whatever the gently caress the refs thought they saw Marchand do.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Sens are now down to 2 of the defencemen they started the year with. Chabot, Zub, Brannstrom, and now possibly Hamonic all injured.

e: nevermind, Hamonic is back, for better or worse

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Devils are going to do the mediocre at home incredible on the road thing again?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/vzmercogliano/status/1720238487910092860

Wrap it up folks, season’s over.

E: Chytil out too lmao its over

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Leafs PP doing cool poo poo again.

Also glad that Marner finally scored a fluke deflection after underwhelming most of the season so far.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Can't decide if I hate Marchand or Wes Macaulay more. I can at least muster a little respect for Marchand at least doing his job. Macauley is a miserable failure at his.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Devils powerplay is incredible. What is it over 40% now? lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I thought macaulay was regarded as one of the better refs.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
No, Wes Macaulay said five for fighting with a little flair once and everyone lost their loving mind because the NHL is desperate for anyone showing personality, but he's loving terrible.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
He's good if you like it when he doesn't call things. But if you get him for a game where he's feeling like blowing the whistle he'll call some stinkers too.

E: I've been seeing some of the minor league officials a bit more frequently this year and they've been fairly good. Justin Kea 44 and Jordan Samuels-Thomas (42) have both worked some games really well.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 3, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: Just the tip, baby. Just the tip. :siren:

E- :siren: BAHAHAHAHAHA you let Erik Gudbranson score.:siren:

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Will Cuylle!?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thanks Mr Duchene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jhet posted:

He's good if you like it when he doesn't call things.

Ok yeah he just blew the whistle super early while the puck was still out lol