Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I tried out ranked mode for the first time today. I figured it would only take 15 missions to finish the rewards anyway, so I might as well. I got put into Silver III as soon as it placed me. And you better believe I smurfed hard to get the hell away from sweat lord Gold rank. Also, the survive 3 storm circles mission is unbearable in this map. It's like, close to 10 minutes of just waiting on that, compared to everything else basically coming down to "Land and hit someone with a few bullets of the right type." Getting the circle one three times in a row felt like a punishment. Also I'm really thankful they allow solos for it now, because I'd feel bad dropping out of matches with a random partner just so I don't have to wait a full matc hto move on to the next quest.

Anyway, that's my story thanks for reading.

edit: I'm sincerely sorry for this page snipe :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Oh great and powerful island loot gods, let us heal!

The gathered mushrooms and campfires are hittin' hard this season.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Is it just me or are shields harder to come by this season? I think I've found enough to fill up the shield bar exactly once.

Also I started with whatever season had Doomguy, so this map is brand new to me. I've gotta say, these towers are not as tilted as I was led to believe

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Scrap Dragon posted:

Is it just me or are shields harder to come by this season? I think I've found enough to fill up the shield bar exactly once.

Also I started with whatever season had Doomguy, so this map is brand new to me. I've gotta say, these towers are not as tilted as I was led to believe

Def a lot less shields this season.

I miss augments/perks. Hope they come back next season.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Spacebump posted:

Def a lot less shields this season.

I miss augments/perks. Hope they come back next season.

The loot table in general seems to have backslid to what it once was. Greens being “good” pickups and anything above Blue being sincerely difficult to find.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Scrap Dragon posted:

That is the og experience.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
jimmy neutron rear end map

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah overall I’m pretty meh on the OG mode. It’s fun for a bit but then I miss all of the stuff from last season, and the years of tweaking they’ve done to the map to make it better.

It’s fun for a couple weeks I’m sure but ultimately it’s a worse experience IMO

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Really not a fan of how they spread out the vbucks into the bonus rewards. "You get your money back fairly quickly if you play regularly" was a strong argument in favor of Fortnite's way of doing F2P, feels like they've decided that's over.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

Really not a fan of how they spread out the vbucks into the bonus rewards. "You get your money back fairly quickly if you play regularly" was a strong argument in favor of Fortnite's way of doing F2P, feels like they've decided that's over.

Hey, why don't you get off your high horse and think of the people who are really suffering here, namely, the millionaire shareholders

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

Hoping it's just because it's an odd / short season

Not holding my breath though...

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

TheScott2K posted:

jimmy neutron rear end map

Car designs by Tim Burton

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Amphigory posted:

This is my hope too.

Still love the OG map and had a great weekend of games.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Its kind of insane how much nostalgia I held for this map, I feel like such a mark everytime I go buy a certain kind of house that I used to hole up in all the time in Chapter 1 and I go "Oh wow I remember that. I loved playing this on my Switch in 2018!"

Its a nice throwback, but I also miss Gold, Character Quests and Swimming, dangit!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I think I played maybe one game in Chapter 1 a long time ago, but hadn't regularly played until C3S4. Probably the most disappointing thing is realizing that once they added drivable vehicles they didn't let you use these cartoon Goofy Goof rear end jalopies. Loot Lake is also a deathtrap in no build but we get around those.

Neat season, but I'm glad it's truncated.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 6, 2023

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Amphigory posted:

It makes sense for it to be just for this one. There's only so much padding they can put into a level 70 pass compared to level 200. Either those last 3 things are all trashy looking galaxy super styles for Lyxn and the boys, or they're v-bucks. Even then, that still wouldn't even out to the 1,500 from every other season. Unless they have multiple hundreds in the final slot.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

There’s enough bucks in the pass to pay for itself, it’s only a month long season so I’m not too fussed there isn’t a tremendous amount more.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

New survey skins

And epic gave in to the complainers.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I just got back into Fortnite around mid October after not playing since 2019. I had 1700 vbucks for some reason so I bought the OG pass. It's fun because it's nostalgic but I kind of miss the stuff from last season. At least they're short. I'm more worried about getting through this pass in a month.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I just got back into Fortnite around mid October after not playing since 2019. I had 1700 vbucks for some reason so I bought the OG pass. It's fun because it's nostalgic but I kind of miss the stuff from last season. At least they're short. I'm more worried about getting through this pass in a month.

I've only messed around about an hour or 2 a day, and I'm already like, level 24. Last season and seemingly this one they've done stuff to make XP a little faster to gain. So hitting 50 for the main stuff should be pretty easy before December 3rd.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Mr Hootington posted:

And epic gave in to the complainers.

BOOOOOOOOO!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I'm more worried about getting through this pass in a month.

just give 'em the old

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It's really annoying how much they crack down on XP maps. I have to find a new one every day and hope it isn't used up enough to get decent XP. I can try a map from a video uploaded about an hour ago and it can already be worthless.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
my version of michael myers that drives around from murder to murder in a golf cart is still better than rob zombie's version. i just wish i could get his song to play out of the speakers

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

KingShiro posted:

It's really annoying how much they crack down on XP maps. I have to find a new one every day and hope it isn't used up enough to get decent XP. I can try a map from a video uploaded about an hour ago and it can already be worthless.

I can't even find a decent map to earn XP that isn't even an exploit map. The death run and snowboarding ones I like no longer even have the XP badge.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RodShaft posted:

I can't even find a decent map to earn XP that isn't even an exploit map. The death run and snowboarding ones I like no longer even have the XP badge.

I talked about a deathrun I liked itt a while back. Not even mentioning a code, or any names. And that creator got the xp shut off on all their maps, including brand new ones made since, a few days later :laffo:

I normally wouldn't think anything of it, but there's also the one time I emailed epic support about something I was misinformed on. I was planning on apologizing if I did get a reply, since it got cleared up after the fact. By the time I checked again, the guy got back to me, and mocked me 3 separate times in this novel length reply he sent me, citing a fanwikia page. loving pricks.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

*ahem*

skillrun

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Amphigory posted:

*ahem*

skillrun

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Dracula Appraiser posted:

I talked about a deathrun I liked itt a while back. Not even mentioning a code, or any names. And that creator got the xp shut off on all their maps, including brand new ones made since, a few days later :laffo:

I normally wouldn't think anything of it, but there's also the one time I emailed epic support about something I was misinformed on. I was planning on apologizing if I did get a reply, since it got cleared up after the fact. By the time I checked again, the guy got back to me, and mocked me 3 separate times in this novel length reply he sent me, citing a fanwikia page. loving pricks.

Epic support did that? That's loving mental

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Post the email

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Was it "200 level easy death run"? Because if you got me and my son's favorite SKILLrun axed, you've made an enemy for life.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr Hootington posted:

Post the email

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr Hootington posted:

Post the email

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

They were right

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Post the email

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr Hootington posted:

Post the email

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Post the email

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Post the email

Or else :toughguy:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I don't understand any of these old weapons at all. I saw people being super excited the original AR and the pump shotgun were coming back. But they seem really bad. There's one AR that seemed to only shoot one bullet at a time. And that's crazy bad. I was about to spend the whole month using smgs for once, until I found the suppressed AR. No upgrade stations is my only real complaint so far though.

all the old weapons are rear end. no wonder I jumped off this game so quick when it first started. Im really struggling to enjoy this map. it's too open, no traversal and the flow is all off. It's real night and day compared to where we are at currently in 2023.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

dorium posted:

all the old weapons are rear end. no wonder I jumped off this game so quick when it first started. Im really struggling to enjoy this map. it's too open, no traversal and the flow is all off. It's real night and day compared to where we are at currently in 2023.

Try landing at lazy links and grabbing a golf cart.

I’ve come around to some of the weapons and try to always have a scoped ar, pump shotgun, and mini gun. The hunter’s rifle and grenade launcher are also great once you get a feel for them.