Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the funniest outcome for a Pittsburgh/Green Bay game is for Pickett to come out and then Mitch just absolutely destroys the packers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
It's going to suck rear end to watch that's for sure

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean yes the Packers lost their best offensive player for 3 weeks so that is not suprising

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Bears/Panthers TNF is going to be clownball for the ages. The ideal result would be a tie.

4-4 tie

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Unless fields plays then 49-49

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Bears Panthers is going to be like 9-9 or have some random skill position player catch 10 for 150+ and a pair of scores in a blowout. Zero in between.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1721592157524427035

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

The Steelers are the worst 5-3 team I have ever seen. There is a parallel universe where they are winless. Unfortunately, we live in the worst timeline. Which means the Packers probably will beat them.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tarik can't catch a break
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/panthers-put-tarik-cohen-on-practice-squad-injured-reserve

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

The Steelers feel like a team that is being dragged for every inch of worth it has towards a winning record by Tomlin.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

This sucks

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
On team gently caress tanking, watching Dobbs play yesterday was fun as hell. This team isn't going to win the super bowl, but that was true before Cousins got hurt. I'd rather watch them try and fail than lose on purpose and hope their draft picks turn out. When was the last time the Vikings developed a QB anyway?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dxt posted:

This team isn't going to win the super bowl

But what if they do :tinfoil:

dxt posted:

When was the last time the Vikings developed a QB anyway?

Does Bridgewater count? Otherwise it would be Daunte.

That being said, developing a QB isn't a team issue it's a system issue and I would absolutely trust KOC to develop a QB if that's the direction the team went.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think the key to the steelers game is how frustrated Love gets. He’s a young QB that still has big issues he needs to iron out and the Steelers play good d. So if he gets frustrated and starts making bad decisions thats all they are gonna need bad Offense or not

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Bumhead posted:

The Steelers feel like a team that is being dragged for every inch of worth it has towards a winning record by Tomlin.

He'd do a lot less dragging if he didn't insist on carrying a 250 lb. Matt Canada while doing it. I feel like he thinks winning seasons are too easy and had to give himself a challenge.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
every time i read tyson bagent's name I think of Bag End and i just get a little bummed about how bad those hobbit movies were

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think the key to the steelers game is how frustrated Love gets. He’s a young QB that still has big issues he needs to iron out and the Steelers play good d. So if he gets frustrated and starts making bad decisions thats all they are gonna need bad Offense or not

I haven't really seen "frustration" from Love at any point this season. Or "urgency", for that matter.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

IcePhoenix posted:

But what if they do :tinfoil:

:swoon:

Then the Cousins achilles tear would be one of the best moments in MN sports history, Dobbs lead us to glory

IcePhoenix posted:

Does Bridgewater count? Otherwise it would be Daunte.

That being said, developing a QB isn't a team issue it's a system issue and I would absolutely trust KOC to develop a QB if that's the direction the team went.

I'd definitely trust KOC more than any of the other more recent Vikes coaches to do it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I haven't really seen "frustration" from Love at any point this season. Or "urgency", for that matter.

True but the Steelers are probably the best defense he’s played.

Also a bigger issue is the offense just doesn’t do anything in the first half. Like I don’t know what exactly the issue is but the offense generally looks much much better in the second half pretty consistently. That shouldn’t happen

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Jenkins is fun to watch. He had like 4 plays where he just obliterated some defender. There is one where he is running right and used his left forearm to just destroy a linebacker or safety.

Starting to think Braxton is not going to be the answer at left tackle. He's got half a season to prove otherwise. Sanborn is better than Edmunds.

https://twitter.com/Schrock_And_Awe/status/1721596898077708460

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Curious how they ended up grading out Mooney higher than Kmet in that game.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

Also a bigger issue is the offense just doesn’t do anything in the first half. Like I don’t know what exactly the issue is but the offense generally looks much much better in the second half pretty consistently. That shouldn’t happen

It kind of seems like they've been running an extremely limited playbook in some of these first halves and having Love basically fire the ball instantly to where a route should be developing no matter if a receiver is actually there or not. And in the second halves they've been opening up the playbook but also giving Love more freedom to function.

It's been very strange and I'm a little surprised the reporters haven't really pressed LaFleur much on this in the press conferences that I've been able to see (which isn't all of them).

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Hi all, I was doing a bit of a deep dive on the Patriots recent drafting. I was surprised to see Duron Harmon is still active and logging stats? Just curious how he is looking out there, because consensus at the time was that he was drafted too early for the production that he gave us.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

CharlestheHammer posted:

It would make more sense if it was just "they're taking advantage of garbage time defenses," and there are a couple of games where that was true, but most of the games have been pretty close and (I think) the offensive improvement has typically taken place starting in the third quarter rather than the fourth. It really is bizarre. I dunno if Skull is right about the playbook, but maybe that would explain it?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

fishing with the fam posted:

Curious how they ended up grading out Mooney higher than Kmet in that game.

PFF where everything's made up and the numbers don't matter

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Listening to this JJ interview.

I think he just wanted out for the losing. And not that Poles isn't paying him what he wants.

It sounds like that Chargers game changed something, and then he asked for a trade. He was cagey about the reason things changed and why he asked for one and didn't just say it was about money.

Said something to the effect of "some other reasons I'm gonna keep quiet, but What Poles said about being close on value and not being at final numbers wasn't wrong."

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Dude sees himself as one of the best corners in the league and wants at least a shot at a title. I think he was hoping for at least a rental somewhere, even if he came back to Chicago

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Honestly? It’s Tanking Season

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I don't want to read the url, much less the article. Guy was a ton of fun as a player before everything went rear end over teakettle for him, want so off the best for him :(

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Dr. Lunchables posted:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Hopefully
Involving
Thursday
Savkings

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Pretty good interview. With the player's survey earlier in the year, Vikings have to have the best organization in the NFL right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec4w_qklShw

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I don't want to read the url, much less the article. Guy was a ton of fun as a player before everything went rear end over teakettle for him, want so off the best for him :(

He injured his hamstring and is on PS IR for 4 games.

Yes to everything else you said.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Horrible
Injuries?
Too bad,
Skol.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Dr. Lunchables posted:

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
https://x.com/nasaglenn/status/1721576942590132472?s=46&t=412mHfBtNaNoiY_Z498b9g

o7

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

thank you Mr. Dobbs for defeating the nazi space invasion and also being a fun qb to watch

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Passtronaut is such a bad nickname it works. And gently caress it, NFL QB + astronaut are probably the two most desirable jobs in history so why not embrace it (even though he hasn't been to space).

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

trevorreznik posted:

Passtronaut is such a bad nickname it works. And gently caress it, NFL QB + astronaut are probably the two most desirable jobs in history so why not embrace it (even though he hasn't been to space).

Passtronaut kicks rear end as a nickname

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
You're opening the door to things like "More like ASStronaut!" Outside of that it's a drat good nickname