Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

haypliss posted:

Migi and Dali continues to be insanely good. Not going to discount the early eps and their valuable establishing work but from 4 onwards it has kept topping itself with new ridiculous plans and significant progress through the main mystery.

I hope Migi gets a girlfriend soon and ditches his toxic brother. He deserves better. It's what his mother would want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

I jumped to a random time.

about what i expected

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Orb Crabmelt posted:

I hope Migi gets a girlfriend soon and ditches his toxic brother. He deserves better. It's what his mother would want.

He's only five years old, no need to rush.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Its because normies think it looks better and they should d*e.

Also helps when they have no clue about animation.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

pork never goes bad posted:

Gonna watch whatever highly regarded show that had elevator scenes in

I wanna say that was Evangelion but it might have been a thing before that

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

Promote the people making 6 hour breakdowns of 22 minute anime episodes

Gonna watch one of these for every individual episode of endless eight

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Nitrousoxide posted:

I jumped to a random time.

The guy's like a psychology student and takes every opportunity to regurgitate his textbooks at anything tangentially related. Or at least that was my impression.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Clarste posted:

The guy's like a psychology student and takes every opportunity to regurgitate his textbooks at anything tangentially related. Or at least that was my impression.

This was exactly my thought. He has perfected the art of the 20 page college paper incl. title page and bibliography.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lmao he's not actually a psychologist? Stolen reaction valor.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oshi no Way am i watching that poo poo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

After seeing Reincarnated Princess and Genius Young Lady speed through 3 books its a bit of a shock seeing I Favor the Villainess look like it's only going to do 1 (though it seems ro be following the manga more)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I favor the villainess seems to be ending right at the end of Volume 5 of the manga given who is in the OP

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Lmao he's not actually a psychologist? Stolen reaction valor.

Considering that diagram is pseudoscience commonly taught to cops...

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
using western psychology on asian culture...

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Undead Unluck ep5 was sweet.
was worried about what the organization was like, but I can ride this.
bunch of quests to clear with rewards and penalties.
lol @ new party member that's a Kill la Kill symbiote thing for Andy. lol @ Fuko's naming sense.
Looking forward to the battles and stuff.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's even slow so we still get our shirtless Andy fix, I know some of you out there would start worrying if there wasn't casual nudity still.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The "bad" part of Undead Unluck was roughly until this episode. Unless there will be some major issues with the adaptation, from this point onward, UU will just keep getting consistently better.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh boy next week on potions we get the introduction of warcrimes gremlin mode and I for one have been looking forward to this all season.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kwyndig posted:

Oh boy next week on potions we get the introduction of warcrimes gremlin mode and I for one have been looking forward to this all season.

Time to get the wanted poster ready.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

is the game developer fraud in this week's 16-bit sensation based on anything that actually happened or is it just semi-plausible setup for the rest of the series?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Southern Cassowary posted:

is the game developer fraud in this week's 16-bit sensation based on anything that actually happened or is it just semi-plausible setup for the rest of the series?

I'm not sure of the specific company but it's way to close to actual Fraud schemes in Japan that I imagine it happened.

Cracked up at the US it company scheme too

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I could see writing up an analysis of certain aspects of a well done show that takes longer than the aspect in question. For example, the first opening for season one of SPY X FAMILY is a master class in animation technique, using multiple art styles to invoke individual aspects of the overall story, and I would be willing (with a bit of research and paycheck to justify my time) to write a treatise with details on those original sources of each style and how they relate to what the series is about, which I am certain would take at least half an hour to do properly.

BUT

Such a dissertation would only be interesting to people in certain academic film, comics, & art circles and not something that the general public would give a tinker's drat about even if they understood half of what would be brought up, and I would limit sharing such a study to those areas and not blatting it out on social media. Especially if it would avoid having to create one of those lovely thumbnails to get people to listen.

Well, that's enough bloviating.

How about that new episode of "I'm In Love With The Villainess?" We learn a bit about Claire's motivations for her behaviour, find Rae is an accomplished baker and is also a menace to humanity for introducing mayonnaise to that world. :chef:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Doodles posted:

I could see writing up an analysis of certain aspects of a well done show that takes longer than the aspect in question. For example, the first opening for season one of SPY X FAMILY is a master class in animation technique, using multiple art styles to invoke individual aspects of the overall story, and I would be willing (with a bit of research and paycheck to justify my time) to write a treatise with details on those original sources of each style and how they relate to what the series is about, which I am certain would take at least half an hour to do properly.

BUT

Such a dissertation would only be interesting to people in certain academic film, comics, & art circles and not something that the general public would give a tinker's drat about even if they understood half of what would be brought up, and I would limit sharing such a study to those areas and not blatting it out on social media. Especially if it would avoid having to create one of those lovely thumbnails to get people to listen.

Well, that's enough bloviating.

How about that new episode of "I'm In Love With The Villainess?" We learn a bit about Claire's motivations for her behaviour, find Rae is an accomplished baker and is also a menace to humanity for introducing mayonnaise to that world. :chef:

Spy x Family is a master class in the ability to keep on Trucking

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The average bleach or Naruto op would drive this man insane
If he had vital national security information to be extracted by any means necessary the CIA would strap this man to a chair and make him watch all of Dr. Stone so far

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

AtomikKrab posted:

Spy x Family is a master class in the ability to keep on Trucking

With Miracle Whip.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Under ninja decided to not just to go full Bond but Brosnam Bond with the gizmos. Fun episode even if with a random Cronenberg moment.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Pluto is good..I'm so relieved.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Chas McGill posted:

Pluto is good..I'm so relieved.

:yeah:

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

SlowBloke posted:

Under ninja decided to not just to go full Bond but Brosnam Bond with the gizmos. Fun episode even if with a random Cronenberg moment.

the cronenberg moment owned

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Southern Cassowary posted:

the cronenberg moment owned

It's a cool idea but I feel like every episode is ten concurring threads and sometimes the episode is a bit too jumbled as a consequence. Adding a random extra story was kinda unnecessary.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Under Ninja can be tough to follow but I think it's mostly intentional since every POV character is at the ground level in this incredibly weird secret ninja war and has no idea what the big picture is either.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

under ninja is aoty

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
this exchange is peak under ninja for me. weirdos hanging out, trying to live out their weird small dreams in the face of a little misfortune

https://i.imgur.com/vlMkDKi.mp4

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Tales of Woe posted:

under ninja is aoty

absolutely have had the thought that if like the best 20% of character interactions in under ninja were expanded out into a weird slice of life about losers in an apartment complex hanging out it'd probably be at or near the top of my favorite things of the year

as is it's bizarre, fascinating, and i think i like it as a whole, but idk if i like it more than a bunch of other stuff i've seen this year

Big Leg posted:

this exchange is peak under ninja for me. weirdos hanging out, trying to live out their weird small dreams in the face of a little misfortune

yeah i agree, cracked up when i saw this

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Is naruto the over ninja

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
An episode so good and devoid of time-hopping bs that you begin to question whether wrapping 1/3 of the series up in that stuff was particularly worth it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
In this week's episode of Tearmoon Empire, the Sunkland Kingdom's top special agent and personal attendant to its prince, Keithwood, infiltrates and neutralizes a cabal bent on deploying chemical weapons against his charge.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Glazius posted:

In this week's episode of Tearmoon Empire, the Sunkland Kingdom's top special agent and personal attendant to its prince, Keithwood, infiltrates and neutralizes a cabal bent on deploying chemical weapons against his charge.

Meanwhile on Potions we get the FUNA special.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Glazius posted:

Keithwood was just afraid of how powerful her original bread horse was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006
glorious mia tearmoon regime must humiliate and frustrate the foolish sunkland heir