Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

got my 1.5 TB sd card and spent the last two days redownloading my library

350GB left and i have mk11 and 3 nba2ks on my switch lol

heard NBA 2K25 is gonna allow three balls on the court at once, should preorder that rear end too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Len posted:

the switch 2 is whatever you want it to be, like sure that's a patent but don't forget sony has a patent for "interactive commercial system that allows viewers to skip commercials by yelling the brand name of the advertiser at their television or monitor."

edit: apparently this almost 20 year old patent just went viral this year, man i'd like to be someone that didn't know about this thing for the last decade

Lol

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
They should make a basketball game where all the players are robots and aliens and call it NBA3K

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Ubisoft should remake Deathrow

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kevyn posted:

They should make a basketball game where all the players are robots and aliens and call it NBA3K
They already made that it's called NBA Hangtime.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Is Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion worth $10? The name alone makes me wanna play it but I assume it's very short.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

A friend told me it wasn’t worth playing. Has some funny moments but the game aspect doesn’t work so well.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Is Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion worth $10? The name alone makes me wanna play it but I assume it's very short.

idk but it is free on the epic games store right now, so if you have a pc and can stand Epic theres that

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Warioware Move It would be really good if the controls actually functioned, but they just... don't. Insane hair-trigger detection on a lot of things, every game having different sweet spots for what it wants you to do, and inconsistencies in "rules" between games inside a stance.

The biggest offender for that last one is Crocodile stance (putting your arms forward with your palms facing each other like a crocodile mouth). Some games do the logical thing, having you manipulate them by pointing your arms and/or opening or closing your arms like, you know, a crocodile mouth. But some loving brain genius decided half the games would have you manipulate the height level of the object in question by rotating your wrists. The game makes no attempt to communicate this to you, you're just expected to know to rotate your wrists individually instead of just, you know, moving the loving crocodile mouth. Notably, the boss for Cricket's set of levels does this, and it took me loving forever to figure out how to actually move the drat laser, rather than just letting me do the logical thing of moving my arms like a pointer.

Almost every control scheme has problem games, though. Even games that should be simple will be hosed up because you breathed in, or moved one nanometer and the game decided you did a full arm swing. Sometimes control axes will just invert at random. The ideas behind the games are solid, but the controls just... don't function at least 10% of the time. Probably considerably more than that. It gets worse as you get farther into the game too, as the poses get more esoteric. Once I got to Cricket and Dribble/Spitz the game just gave up trying to be coherent in function. I had basically none of these issues playing Smooth Moves for the Wii. How is this game that much worse?

At least they didn't gently caress up the 9-Volt games.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

I made it past the first area. It’s kind of silly. If you would rather, I can mail it to you so you can play through it and send it back.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

man i just like fuckin around with MyTeam a bunch and like it on handheld

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

otter posted:

I made it past the first area. It’s kind of silly. If you would rather, I can mail it to you so you can play through it and send it back.

Between time, postage, packing, and gas, he’d already have paid $10.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i for one can't believe the $10 narwhalbacon monkeycheese-titled game is silly and not worth it

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Maluigi

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

eightysixed posted:

Between time, postage, packing, and gas, he’d already have paid $10.

envelopes are about 5c, stamp is like 42? sheet of paper is 1c. Sounds like a $9.52 savings.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

honestly star ocean 2 is really awesome if a bit flawed, but most of the reason im playing it is so i can get to the master chef battles

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Novasol posted:

Warioware Move It would be really good if the controls actually functioned, but they just... don't. Insane hair-trigger detection on a lot of things, every game having different sweet spots for what it wants you to do, and inconsistencies in "rules" between games inside a stance.

The biggest offender for that last one is Crocodile stance (putting your arms forward with your palms facing each other like a crocodile mouth). Some games do the logical thing, having you manipulate them by pointing your arms and/or opening or closing your arms like, you know, a crocodile mouth. But some loving brain genius decided half the games would have you manipulate the height level of the object in question by rotating your wrists. The game makes no attempt to communicate this to you, you're just expected to know to rotate your wrists individually instead of just, you know, moving the loving crocodile mouth. Notably, the boss for Cricket's set of levels does this, and it took me loving forever to figure out how to actually move the drat laser, rather than just letting me do the logical thing of moving my arms like a pointer.

Almost every control scheme has problem games, though. Even games that should be simple will be hosed up because you breathed in, or moved one nanometer and the game decided you did a full arm swing. Sometimes control axes will just invert at random. The ideas behind the games are solid, but the controls just... don't function at least 10% of the time. Probably considerably more than that. It gets worse as you get farther into the game too, as the poses get more esoteric. Once I got to Cricket and Dribble/Spitz the game just gave up trying to be coherent in function. I had basically none of these issues playing Smooth Moves for the Wii. How is this game that much worse?

At least they didn't gently caress up the 9-Volt games.

How’s the new Wario voice out of curiosity (apparently they’ve decided to keep the trend of him being played by the same actor as Mario and Luigi)?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

otter posted:

envelopes are about 5c, stamp is like 42? sheet of paper is 1c. Sounds like a $9.52 savings.

That’s fair. I wouldn't trust mailing a cartridge in a plain envelope, but if that dude pulls out, dibs, and I’ll bite.
e: wouldn't - didn't notice I typo'd that.

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 7, 2023

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I do appreciate the offer, but free on Epic Games is good enough for me for this one. Really kind of you to offer for me to borrow it for a stamp though, thank you!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

eightysixed posted:

That’s fair. I would trust mailing a cartridge in a plain envelope, but if that dude pulls out, dibs, and I’ll bite.

Goons so rarely screw me over.
It happened once, with a hard drive back in something like 2010 or 2011.
Other than that, as long as people communicate its all good. PM me and I'll ship

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

otter posted:

Goons so rarely screw me over.
It happened once, with a hard drive back in something like 2010 or 2011.
Other than that, as long as people communicate its all good. PM me and I'll ship

I totally would have bitten at this, but I watched like 5 minutes of gameplay, and I'm already still messing around with Stardew Valley.
Thank you though :) :cheers:

edit: wait, is it more fun than Stardew? :v:
(serious question, but if it's as Stardew as it looks, I'd be holding on to it for awhile...)

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 7, 2023

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

I know nothing about Stardew aside from people seem to like it.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Larryb posted:

How’s the new Wario voice out of curiosity (apparently they’ve decided to keep the trend of him being played by the same actor as Mario and Luigi)?

It's not quite as cartoonishly exaggerated as Martinet, but it's fine. Just different is all.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/itsashotgunbaby/status/1721384491061555445?s=46&t=uiUehxbkNdNcN0PmfZ4Vaw

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

After a long day, lookin forward to kickin back to some Zelda at the hotel

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

What is that, and why are there AirPods involved? 🤔

Also, don’t drink those K Cups, probably.

e: oh wait, I get it, I think.

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 7, 2023

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Probably so they can hear the game OP

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I just use the TV in the hotel room

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Probably so they can hear the game OP

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

:stare: We can use Bluetooth headphones with it now

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

"Now" being actual years

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

September 14th, 2021

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Covert dock is the way to go, too, but do enjoy your Zelda however you can.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I just looked it up because I was wondering if Nintendo introduced it without me knowing and Motherfucker, folders are in now

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

eightysixed posted:

Also, don’t drink those K Cups, probably.

I was like, “Why not?” And then I let my brain think about it for a minute and I came up with like 8,000 reasons and now I want to bleach my brain.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Good chance there’s mold in those coffee machines

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Got Cult of the Lamb on sale and it’s a good chuckle to play

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ramie posted:

I just looked it up because I was wondering if Nintendo introduced it without me knowing and Motherfucker, folders are in now

they don't show on the home screen so they're useless tbh

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Will it?