Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Unponderable posted:

Hot take: it would be much better for everyone if the title came with surviving 300 rounds rather than getting 100 wins.
my opinion is that it should be 'come in first in a round 100 times' so you can also get real good at crystals or the starter rounds (and make whoever is furthest away from Typhon at the time of the 8th elimination also be "first" for progress there/a MGF bonus, which also incentivizes people to play risky)

but yours is good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Next, what we really need is FF14 BLU X Fall Guys. Let chaos reign.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

HPanda posted:

Next, what we really need is FF14 BLU X Fall Guys. Let chaos reign.

With complete sincerity, with my whole heart, I want a BLU Battle Royale.

48 players enter the zone with only Water Cannon. Monsters spawn randomly with various powerful blue mage spells. A magical barrier closes in on the zone. Last surviving blue mage wins.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

I genuinely can't imagine the raw unyielding rage that would happen if you could grab players like in Fall Guys.

The people that hang around the finish line need to learn about hubris.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I wish everyone would cheat at FFXIV so I wouldn't have to die from secondhand embarrassment every time I do an expert roulette with someone that has 1000 hours and is hardcasting verthunder or what the gently caress ever.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

The people that hang around the finish line need to learn about hubris.

I saw one learn about it yesterday. I don’t know how, but they somehow lost track of people and sat there dancing with 15/16 people qualifying. Then didn’t make it in before the last one.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

With complete sincerity, with my whole heart, I want a BLU Battle Royale.

48 players enter the zone with only Water Cannon. Monsters spawn randomly with various powerful blue mage spells. A magical barrier closes in on the zone. Last surviving blue mage wins.

This would get me to both try BLU and also be quiet about Blitzball for an expansion at least.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

I wish everyone would cheat at FFXIV so I wouldn't have to die from secondhand embarrassment every time I do an expert roulette with someone that has 1000 hours and is hardcasting verthunder or what the gently caress ever.

look, by the time I noticed my input got ate I was halfway through the verthunder caster and at that point i've resigned to the failure.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/y6uqtlhuaqu1nuj/status/1721533690965004372?s=46&t=-83MqnB_46lmmYtdOkaTyg

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Last card done, Aloalo complete.

Final count: a statue, a hedge, a bird, two lizards and three umbrellas. Marketboard is eating well even after I took some pets for my own.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bruceski posted:

Last card done, Aloalo complete.

Final count: a statue, a hedge, a bird, two lizards and three umbrellas. Marketboard is eating well even after I took some pets for my own.

Dang. After clearing all 12 paths I picked up exactly two pieces of furniture and that's it. And that was with picking the same path as Matsya most times.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I don't think I got anything from Matsya's chests except fireworks, all from the boss ones. I did have to loop through a few more times looking for exits or misclicking, and the 12th exit took three goes for the card to drop, so it was probably 18-20 runs total. But yeah, lucky.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So far I've gotten a lizard, a whoopie cushion rug, a yard plant, and I think a leaf umbrella? I might have dreamed the umbrella. Also a statue?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Thundarr posted:

Dang. After clearing all 12 paths I picked up exactly two pieces of furniture and that's it. And that was with picking the same path as Matsya most times.

I got a little black shiba from Mount Rokkan and it was the best item I got after 12 routes done.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Alder posted:

I got a little black shiba from Mount Rokkan and it was the best item I got after 12 routes done.

Oh that's where that drops? I guess I need to do Mount Rokkan.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
accidentally desynthed my nepto dragon instead of turning it in

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Zeruel posted:

this is the one of the most tragic things I've ever goddamn heard

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Zeruel posted:

The silver lining is you have a good reason to go catch another one! :unsmith:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I got the bird, which promptly replaced the bird I got on my first run of the 6.4 dungeon.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

After about two dozen Aloalo runs I've only gotten the same housing item three times

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zeruel posted:

oh my god, I am so sorry

Joe Chip
Jan 4, 2014

Joe Chip fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 7, 2023

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Zeruel posted:

ashes to ashes, fine sand to fine sand

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah that's why I moved it to the second tier. One time of accidentally desynthing my trousers when I meant to get the materia was plenty, thank you.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Joe Chip posted:

As a Dynamis native I

lol

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yeah that's why I moved it to the second tier. One time of accidentally desynthing my trousers when I meant to get the materia was plenty, thank you.

I accidentally did this before tanking a duty finder dungeon. Didn't realize until I loaded in bottomless. It was certainly a look since the rest of the glam at that time involved big bulky armor.

There's just something fun about grabbing literally the first pants that drop to throw on something (can't remember which dungeon it was, but something ARR so just had to be anything disciple of war).

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
got our criterion clear before the reset, week one clear baby :toot:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Frida Call Me posted:

we had some goons proggin' it last night and it was fun as hell even if we just made it to the knockback bit of boss 1, grats on actual clear!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Martman posted:

ashes to ashes, fine sand to fine sand

Lmao

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Frida Call Me posted:

Holy poo poo good job, I haven't even entered the normal version

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

If I could I would, they just really hate the idea that somebody might flip MGP for gil. Also the Blackjack would be a top tier mount if it had the airship music from FF6 but unless you mod that in it is sadly less than it could have been.

I've got mount music turned off most of the time anyway. Ever since the Falcon didn't come with "Searching for Friends" I figured they wouldn't be doing Setzer's theme with the Blackjack.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Oh that's where that drops? I guess I need to do Mount Rokkan.

:yeah:

I wish we got explorer mode for Variants...I really like the Fall maps on Mount Rokkan but redoing it each time for gpose is tiring.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
From the StB LP thread:

Onean posted:

Yeah, I just triple checked, and across the three different trailers (teaser/cinematic, launch/in-game and benchmark) the only one I'm seeing that has StB stuff in it is the teaser/cinematic trailer.

We still saw it before it was actually playable, it's just the subject was about the in-game trailers and spoilers, and not the cinematic ones. (I think HW's cinematic trailer takes the cake for the biggest spoiler regarding the previous expansion on that topic though.)

Since I didn't want to link them, even through just their URL's, over there, here's each trailer I'm seeing.

Teaser/Cinematic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tyuIh12_HU

Launch/In-game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxHSSRjFH14

Benchmark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlOBnVv6byI

Is there another trailer I'm not seeing, or are people calling the cinematic trailer the in-game one because it's viewable from the start screen, while I'm calling the launch trailer the In-game one because it uses In-game cutscenes?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I suspect people refer to the first one you linked as the in-game one because it's the one that plays in the game when you idle on the main title for a minute or two.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

yeah, it's the one you can actually watch in the game

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The in-game trailer is the trailer you can watch inside the game client yes.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's an understandable confusion what with the phrase "in-game cutscene" also referring to stuff made in-engine. But I think that's part of the reason why some people have started using the phrase "in-engine" to refer to the latter.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Runa posted:

It's an understandable confusion what with the phrase "in-game cutscene" also referring to stuff made in-engine. But I think that's part of the reason why some people have started using the phrase "in-engine" to refer to the latter.

I don't think in engine is a phrase people have recently started using. I think it is pretty old terminology

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I don't think in engine is a phrase people have recently started using. I think it is pretty old terminology

Ah

Well my perspective is definitely skewed there yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The in-game trailer is the trailer you can watch inside the game client yes.

see this would never occur to me because i watch all the trailers on youtube. and some are CGI pre-rendered cinematics and some are recorded from the in-game cutscenes instead, which i call either launch trailers or patch trailers