Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
If you have such brain rot that you still refuse to use a password manager, spending thousands to re-buy your library may seem reasonable.

Don't lose your valuable digital stuff to an easily solved problem, people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Rinkles posted:

you don't have a monitor or tv to connect it to?

Tried that months ago and unfortunately when I did have it set up in someway where I had to manually swap it and I deleted the mobile app like a dope

And now I'm in rehab so I dont have access to it anymore thus the current problem

I know I'll get it sorted out but aghhhh

Computers here dont have any speakers tho so I'm not in a big rush I just want to play Caves of Qud

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

verbal enema posted:

Tried that months ago and unfortunately when I did have it set up in someway where I had to manually swap it and I deleted the mobile app like a dope

And now I'm in rehab so I dont have access to it anymore thus the current problem

I know I'll get it sorted out but aghhhh

Computers here dont have any speakers tho so I'm not in a big rush I just want to play Caves of Qud

if it's a document, you might be able to access it by connecting the drive to a different computer (when that's an option that's available to you).

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Rinkles posted:

if it's a document, you might be able to access it by connecting the drive to a different computer (when that's an option that's available to you).

Hm my lil bro is much better with this stuff I'll ask him to give that a shot

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Oxxidation posted:

guess what just had its newest story mode update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6seSUlbpK8

The single feature for that game I really want is the ability for custom song packs to have some kind of organization beyond 'alphabetical sort.' There's so many quality ones, with like recommended song order or difficulty categorization, but playing those needs a little cheatsheet or guide next to you.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Gave Lunacid a couple hours and don't really get it. The sense of exploration is nice, but I find the combat pretty tedious. I assume it gets more complex and tougher as the game goes on. I can completely respect and appreciate it as an ode to King's Field, just perhaps that isn't really for me in 2023.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

Gave Lunacid a couple hours and don't really get it. The sense of exploration is nice, but I find the combat pretty tedious. I assume it gets more complex and tougher as the game goes on. I can completely respect and appreciate it as an ode to King's Field, just perhaps that isn't really for me in 2023.

One thing that helps is that by boosting intelligence a lot of the spells become insta-cast. I got through most of the EA end levels by spamming lightning and fairies (whom are OP).

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

verbal enema posted:

If my laptop display didnt break I wouldn't be in this situation I'd just look at my passwords document!!

Just get Bitwarden, it’s free and secure. Never lose or
forget any password again, you can even save your WiFi password or 2FA tokens there (though less secure than having it saved elsewhere, it’s better than no 2FA). There are apps for all kinds of devices and you can have auto fill even on mobile.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yeah when I get this resolved I'm going to deffo do something along those lines

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
rhythm doctor's act 5 boss fight is a bastard. not as difficult note-to-note as act 4's but much, much longer

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Impressions of Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered after six hours of playing: not bad, not bad. Very cinematic, great character design and animations. Mary Jane is cute as hell. It took me a while to get the hang of swinging around the city, but it's a lot of fun now that I'm used to it. I've also become competent enough at the combat that I rarely ever die, which is good enough for me.

Negatives: forced stealth, as part of the main storyline no less. That's a big no-no. Additionally, it seems to be a collect-a-thon type of game, and my broken brain is going to make me collect/do every single optional thing or cheevo far beyond what would be needed to get the upgrades I actually want. One could argue that that's on me, but I prefer to blame the game.

A fun experience so far, we'll see if the rest of the playthrough holds up as well.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Phlegmish posted:

Negatives: forced stealth, as part of the main storyline no less. That's a big no-no. Additionally, it seems to be a collect-a-thon type of game, and my broken brain is going to make me collect/do every single optional thing or cheevo far beyond what would be needed to get the upgrades I actually want. One could argue that that's on me, but I prefer to blame the game.

The Spiderman games are merciful to completionists. There's no equivalent of the riddler trophies in the Arkham games, most of the collectibles and optional missions will only have a dozen or so instances and you can clear it 100% without much grind.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Gone Rogue on sale for a few more days under $10.
How does it compare to say, Shadow tactics.
Looks good but haven't really found a good non early review.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1803600/Gone_Rogue/

Also debating I Am Future, also on sale.
$11 early access game, pretty sure I know how it will turn out, but its cheap.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1658040/I_Am_Future_Cozy_Apocalypse_Survival/

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I just finished Spiritfarer and would like to thank my newly five year old daughter for accidentally wrecking me right at the finale. She'd been sitting with me on and off as I played because she liked the animal characters and that she could easily control Stella walking around the boat and jumping around freely. So we get to the very last bit of the game, where Stella is preparing to go to the Everdoor herself and the ghosts of all her friends and family appear to see her off. My daughter knew we could hug characters so she asked me to go hug everyone, which I was happy to oblige. Then as we get on the rowboat, just Stella and Dafodil, she quietly says "Everyone deserves a hug before the end."

Of course she meant the end of the GAME, which I'd told her was coming up, but obvs there's a double meaning when you've been playing a game about death for the last few days and good god did it make the whole thing hit harder.

Yes I cried. Game good.

Anyway I feel like this is a Patrick Klepak Parent Gaming post but I wanted to share.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I’ll play basically any game that can make me cry, and boy is Spiritfarer one of those. But in a great way.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The Spiderman games are merciful to completionists. There's no equivalent of the riddler trophies in the Arkham games, most of the collectibles and optional missions will only have a dozen or so instances and you can clear it 100% without much grind.

Yeah, that's the impression I'm getting too. Getting all of the Landmarks seemed daunting at first, but I quickly realized you can take pictures from as close or as far as you want, and it doesn't matter if it looks like absolute dogshit. I've almost done them all and it didn't even take that long.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I didn't mind collectathonning in Spider-Man because swinging and fighting feels really good

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

This seems to be the closest thing we have to a recommend a game thread, and I wondered if anyone could help me. I don't have access to my gaming PC at the moment (not due to rehab) and my current laptop's specifications are:

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4020 CPU @ 1.10GHz
Installed RAM: 4.00 GB (3.83 GB usable)
Graphics card: Haha, yeah right.

I've just enjoyed playing Moonring on it, with only small performance issues (I think when a scan was running in the background). Basically, I wondered if there were any similar new-ish games that I would be able to run? Open for literally anything, really just want something to relax with in the evening.

Thanks!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Olewithmilk posted:

This seems to be the closest thing we have to a recommend a game thread, and I wondered if anyone could help me. I don't have access to my gaming PC at the moment (not due to rehab) and my current laptop's specifications are:

I've just enjoyed playing Moonring on it, with only small performance issues (I think when a scan was running in the background). Basically, I wondered if there were any similar new-ish games that I would be able to run? Open for literally anything, really just want something to relax with in the evening.

Thanks!

Behold, the official Recommend me a game thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3196783

And if you liked Moonring, Nox Archaist might be just your thing: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1509080/Nox_Archaist/

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Olewithmilk posted:

Open for literally anything, really just want something to relax with in the evening.

I'm fascinated Steam would even work on those specs anymore. Chrome is a hungry beast and that's what the Steam client is made of.

One of my favorite puzzle games to run forever is Everyday Genius: SquareLogic. It's chill and it's ancient, so it will run on that machine easily.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Saoshyant posted:

I'm fascinated Steam would even work on those specs anymore. Chrome is a hungry beast and that's what the Steam client is made of.

One of my favorite puzzle games to run forever is Everyday Genius: SquareLogic. It's chill and it's ancient, so it will run on that machine easily.

Huh, never realized that got put back on Steam, wasn't it gone for years for some reason?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Olewithmilk posted:

Open for literally anything, really just want something to relax with in the evening.

Thanks!
The Quell games are the most relaxing puzzling I can think of.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Broken Cog posted:

Huh, never realized that got put back on Steam, wasn't it gone for years for some reason?

I don't know why it was gone, but the last time I played it alt-tabbing made the game freeze/crash and it saved none of the progress you made since you actually quit the game. So nostalgia havers, beware.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mierenneuker posted:

I don't know why it was gone, but the last time I played it alt-tabbing made the game freeze/crash and it saved none of the progress you made since you actually quit the game. So nostalgia havers, beware.

It was gone temporarily due to publisher issues.

Alt-tabbing doesn't freeze the game for me in either of my computers (old and newer, Windows 7 and 10). I generally have some TV show running while playing that game, and often alt-tab to put a different episode/skip ahead with no issues.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

I didn't mind collectathonning in Spider-Man because swinging and fighting feels really good

I collected 99% of things but there were some challenges that I absolutely could not get Gold on and I really appreciated being able to get all the non difficulty and NG+ achievements otherwise and 100% done in-game without having to get gold on everything. Have like 4 achievements left but dunno if I care to replay on ultimate in NG+ any time soon or try and do an enemy base w/o damage.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Olewithmilk posted:

Thanks!

Is game streaming an option?

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Thanks all for the recommendations! I was looking for in RPG/adventure game territory, but I will gives the puzzlers a try as well! I've also been through my own Steam library and found UnderRail, which I think has a chance of working. If not, I will give Nox Archaist a blast.

Ah, I knew one would be somewhere! I will post a more targetted response.

Saoshyant posted:

I didn't know Steam was made of Chrome! Moonring did chug a bit in places, and I had to be sure to close down literally any other application to have it work but it does! I can have Steam open and stream Twitch/Youtube fine on it as well.

MarcusSA posted:

Is game streaming an option?

Not really, I am staying with in-laws while renovations are happening and they have old person internet. I am getting a gigabit line put in our actual house for our return though :getin:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
You know what I really dislike in Talos 2? The tetromino bridges. I got all nostalgic for the tetromino boards in Talos so I went to the ones in the museum...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Just flip the block over, so simple!

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

What's currently the best way to pipe Steam games to your TV in another room? I've had a Steam Link for years but man it kinda sucks and has always sucked. My PC, TV, and Steam Link are etherneted but it's still a pretty unpleasant experience overall, even when working

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

GhostDog posted:

You know what I really dislike in Talos 2? The tetromino bridges. I got all nostalgic for the tetromino boards in Talos so I went to the ones in the museum...

Just remove the square block below the hole, flip the L counter clockwise once, and put it down at the bottom. Then flip the Z block above the hole once, and put it on the right side. Then finally put the square block in the remaining hole.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

roomtwofifteen posted:

What's currently the best way to pipe Steam games to your TV in another room? I've had a Steam Link for years but man it kinda sucks and has always sucked. My PC, TV, and Steam Link are etherneted but it's still a pretty unpleasant experience overall, even when working

Steam Deck and Moonlight/Sunshine?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This is kind of an OCD thing to complain about, but the Wishlist button in the top right corner of the Steam client is showing the incorrect number of games. It's saying 6, but in reality I only have five games wishlisted. Anyone know how to fix this?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Phlegmish posted:

This is kind of an OCD thing to complain about, but the Wishlist button in the top right corner of the Steam client is showing the incorrect number of games. It's saying 6, but I only have five games wishlisted. Anyone know how to fix this?

probably you have the wishlest page set to exclude early access or something

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The police have arrested dangerous criminals from the neighborhood and sent them to jail. During their time in jail, one of them was a witch who casted a spell to shrink many police officers to the size of an ant. The tinies now need to get a giantess police woman's attention before it's too late.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

probably you have the wishlest page set to exclude early access or something

Good tip, but that's not it. I checked and I'm not excluding anything in the options.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Alright, I found what the problem was. Apparently I had a game wishlisted that was no longer available on Steam, so it didn't show up. In my case it was Betrayer (which I don't remember wishlisting at all):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/243120/Betrayer/

I found out which game it was by following the instructions in this post:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions/0/2860219962094793792/#c3216031607508358293

I wonder why it's no longer being sold, looks like it had decent reviews.

e: although not from critics, apparently

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 7, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Flair posted:

How far did you go? As someone who got 100% achievement in the first Life is Strange game, it does not get better.

What I meant was, the quality of the other aspects of the game are worth enduring the ~ whatever flavor of this game I kinda loath. Teen whimsy. Twee? Is that it?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Phlegmish posted:

Alright, I found what the problem was. Apparently I had a game wishlisted that was no longer available on Steam, so it didn't show up. In my case it was Betrayer (which I don't remember wishlisting at all):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/243120/Betrayer/

I found out which game it was by following the instructions in this post:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions/0/2860219962094793792/#c3216031607508358293

I wonder why it's no longer being sold, looks like it had decent reviews.

e: although not from critics, apparently

I came across this the other day, had like 3-4 games no longer available.
Also lately coming across a lot of games that the Augmented Steam extension shows me this game was super cheap at X store previously through isthereanydeal, but when I go there and look it seems that game has been taken off all stores except for steam.
Making it pointless.
Is Steam paying companies to pull their games from other stores or giving them better deals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer