Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A lot of people who overpaid for Stranger Things codes are REALLY SALTY right now. Several of them in Otz's chat. I mean... I can understand it kind of, but nobody forced you to pay insane amounts for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

A lot of people who overpaid for Stranger Things codes are REALLY SALTY right now. Several of them in Otz's chat. I mean... I can understand it kind of, but nobody forced you to pay insane amounts for it.

Good. Buying ST content from scalpers was never ever worth the asking price.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Okay but where is the Scoops Ahoy demo skin :colbert:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

quote:

"Initially the perks will return to Stranger Things Perks with the original flavour text and icons, but will remain General Perks for now. In a later patch, they will return to being Character specific Perks and only be unlockable with the Prestige System or through the Shrine of Secrets, as with other character specific Perks."

Saw a leaker post this. Gonna be suck to lose access to perks you used to have. Hopefully it's just "starting with that patch, but anyone who already has them is grandfathered in"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Relyssa posted:

Good. Buying ST content from scalpers was never ever worth the asking price.

Yeah, I understand the frustration as well, but this sort of thing happens. Just don't pay scalpers unless you're willing to look foolish later.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

So if they start selling Demo again I wonder what they do with all his perks that are now free on everyone, if anything

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Medullah posted:

The vegas odds right now are high on it being Predator. It's a licensed killer with no survivor, that's all we really know.

I dunno, they kinda blatantly lost the Prey license for Skull Merchant.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

DeathChicken posted:

So if they start selling Demo again I wonder what they do with all his perks that are now free on everyone, if anything

They posted a FAQ on the website saying the perks will be free and open to everyone for a while, but will become locked behind the DLC purchase again at some point. Which is fair enough IMO.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Eh, just replace the Skull Merchant model with a Predator model and replace the name. Yeah this Predator likes to read dark animes and dresses in thirst trap outfits, what?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

PlasticAutomaton posted:

That's the theory but they've consistently said it's not true.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Medullah posted:

This is BHVR, you can not trust a word they say until it actually happens.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Thank you Netflix for realizing that giving people what they want and getting money for nothing was the smarter call than not releasing anything under your own studios. :thumbsup:

Medullah posted:

Those insisting they aren't owned won't admit that they were horribly owned and put in two expies from Prey, a claw-handed killer with the Predator's execution style absent the invisibility, and a famously ham-handed power set that was overhauled within months. :haw:

The most inspiration Skull Merchant has was making her a thirst trap as a distraction.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Eh, just replace the Skull Merchant model with a Predator model and replace the name. Yeah this Predator likes to read dark animes and dresses in thirst trap outfits, what?

:laffo:

PlasticAutomaton posted:

This is BHVR, you can not trust a word they say until it actually happens.

And even after it happens, they may have community people completely say it wasn't supposed to be that way.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Doomykins posted:

Thank you Netflix for realizing that giving people what they want and getting money for nothing was the smarter call than not releasing anything under your own studios. :thumbsup:

Although I would highly recommend buying anything you want from it as soon because God knows when it might go away again, especially if Netflix goes away.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

Although I would highly recommend buying anything you want from it as soon because God knows when it might go away again, especially if Netflix goes away.

I suspect their contract this time is a bit more iron clad.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I had the ST pack from the start so luckily I could always run around as Demo and Steve, the best characters in DbD.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Apparently ST content is back in the ingame store right now!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Quite a lot of salt just now for bringing Lightborn. In a lobby where all four of them had flashlights.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Now we need a Skull Merchant skin for Xenomorph

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Surge/Jolt/Surge becoming locked behind DLC again seems like a bad idea - it was one of the only strong generic/free killer perks in the game and its absence will make the new player experience worse. BHVR doing zero work to make Hawkins work with the killers made since 2021 is very funny and on brand. How little time did they have to prepare for this?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Blasmeister posted:

Surge/Jolt/Surge becoming locked behind DLC again seems like a bad idea - it was one of the only strong generic/free killer perks in the game and its absence will make the new player experience worse. BHVR doing zero work to make Hawkins work with the killers made since 2021 is very funny and on brand. How little time did they have to prepare for this?

I wondered this myself, like they couldn't officially work on anything til the contract was signed or the return was announced.

They were like "Flip the switch and give the playerbase what they want!" But I'm sure its way more stupid.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I'm struggling to see how "bringing back" the Stranger Things stuff isn't just making the game worse now if they're going to lock up those perks again.

It seems like jolt is mostly recommended for newbie basic M1 builds anyway, same with Renewal as an option for basic survivor stuff. As someone who recently started playing the general/free perk pool is already dire as hell and removing these options for simple synergy builds is not good for the game.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 7, 2023

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Hawkins feels like such a throwback. They'd never do this "20 pallets and maybe 2 of them are safe" thing nowadays. They'd just make Gideon's and call it a day

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

DeathChicken posted:

Hawkins feels like such a throwback. They'd never do this "20 pallets and maybe 2 of them are safe" thing nowadays. They'd just make Gideon's and call it a day

Yeah Hawkins is wild you have create your own loop by dropping 3 bad pallets and vaulting through all of them to maybe force one break

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Don't forget about multiple gens that can only be worked on by a single person at a time.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Man hawkens sucks lol

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
g*d i love hawkins

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

Man hawkens sucks lol

Fleetwood posted:

g*d i love hawkins

:hmmyes:

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
They were running out of maps to rework, they had do to something.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Anecdotal but my experience on Hawkin's return versus back when I played it in the day is that killers are far more successful this time around, and my gut feeling is that other survivors just can't handle not being able to run jungle gyms and shack for a billion years.

We'll see if/how it changes over the next few weeks!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Hawkins owns imo

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Hawkins was absolutely one of my favorite maps, and I can only assume it will be again.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I figured it out, Scoops Ahoy Demogorgon is such a powerful character that it will be the next killer instead of a mere skin.

Enjoy a kit featuring two scoops of dairy-based dread.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Pyrolocutus posted:

Anecdotal but my experience on Hawkin's return versus back when I played it in the day is that killers are far more successful this time around, and my gut feeling is that other survivors just can't handle not being able to run jungle gyms and shack for a billion years.

We'll see if/how it changes over the next few weeks!

This wouldn't surprise me a bit, the number of min/max loop scientists this game has created is annoying to say the least.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pyrolocutus posted:

my gut feeling is that other survivors just can't handle not being able to run jungle gyms and shack for a billion years.

Anything that disrupts the 'find the safest loop and run there for eternity' gameplan is very welcome in my book

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1721920512501154289?s=20

Get your tinfoil hats going!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Myers II: Stab Harder

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

"We realized the MFT rework screws over Legion pretty bad so we're reworking Legion wholesale"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

"We realized the MFT rework screws over Legion pretty bad so we're reworking Legion wholesale"

Nessus posted:

Myers II: Stab Harder

Someone noted -

" Trickster has been reworked. Clown has been reworked. Legion has been reworked. I think we have a Myers rework inbound tomorrow for the PTB. It's the only knife missing."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

I think the Chucky speculation makes sense as well, that does look like someone used a stool to get up to the knife. But we'll see tomorrow, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
It's missing because he's being removed from the game. It's the price you pay for adding Stranger Things back. Jumpsuit/Pipe Demo outfit when? :tinfoil: