Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Like Belichick would draft a QB in the first 5 picks. He'd either trade down or draft DL/OL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Diva Cupcake posted:

Like Belichick would draft a QB in the first 5 picks. He'd either trade down or draft DL/OL.

Bold of you to assume he'd be making that pick.

mcmagic posted:

With Tommy Devito? no way lol

They lost to Brian Hoyer

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I am going to go to that game to personally kneecap the Pats best player... *checks notes*... uh...

Hunter Henry / Rhamondre Stevenson come on down!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I don't know how long Tyrod is going to be out, he might get rushed back for the Patriots. DeVito is absolutely unplayable in his current state. The Giants aren't beating anyone with DeVito under center

Giants offense with Tyrod can win, but the Patriots game will probably depend on which defense shows up. The one that held the Bills and Commies to minimal points or the one that got trounced by the Raiders

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 7, 2023

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah they'll go back to Tyrod when he's healthy, "rally" to a 5-12 finish, and then figure out what to do with Jones' contract in the offseason.

And probably use that draft pick on another offensive tackle with cement blocks for feet.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's how i found out they gave the eagles their two free giants wins as 2 of the last 3 games of the season

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Fire Staley

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a neat cape posted:

Fire Staley

What'd he do now?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

What'd he do now?

It needs to be said weekly

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SKULL.GIF posted:

What'd he do now?

He's still the head coach of my team

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Chargers perpetually seem like way less than the sun of their parts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

What'd he do now?

By winning, the Dolphins for one week can no longer say they’ve only beaten teams with losing records

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

He's still the head coach of my team

I lol'd. But also, yeah.

This reminds me of the weekly FIRE DOM CAPERS posts from Packers goons of years past

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Docjowles posted:

I lol'd. But also, yeah.

This reminds me of the weekly FIRE DOM CAPERS posts from Packers goons of years past

Other memorables:

Bruce Arians
Adam Gase
Matt Patricia
Dean Pees
Adam Gase

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Chargers perpetually seem like way less than the sun of their parts.

I think this is a great way to put it. I know they're without Mike Williams but Herbie, Allen and Ekeler should be ruining lives

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Rogue Elephant posted:

I think this is a great way to put it. I know they're without Mike Williams but Herbie, Allen and Ekeler should be ruining lives

Yeah less than the sum of parts is basically the summary of the Chargers for the last 25 years

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Docjowles posted:

I lol'd. But also, yeah.

Demanding the head of the GB DC has seemed a regular part of being a fan of this team for a decade

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

forkboy84 posted:

Demanding the head of the GB DC has seemed a regular part of being a fan of this team for a decade

That was back when they had a HoF QB on the other side of the ball. Now GB fans get to enjoy the constant hell of having no real QB while the defense and offensive talent waxes and wanes entirely wasted

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think Frank Reich needs to go.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

fire every coach. ACAB

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

epic bacon posted:

fire every coach. ACAB

hands off my beautiful boy Dan Campbell

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

BlindSite posted:

I think Frank Reich needs to go.

Should have been thinking this the second it was made clear his intention was to draft Bryce Young as the franchise qb.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

Should have been thinking this the second it was made clear his intention was to draft Bryce Young as the franchise qb.

reich wanted stroud, tepper wanted young lmao

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I don't think Young over Stroud is a crazy choice at all at the time

There's still every possibility that Stroud turns back into a pumpkin anyway, there's a ton of qbs who looked good at first then turned to complete poo poo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How tall is Tepper? Does he have short man syndrome?

Nov 6, 2002

MikeCrotch posted:

There's still every possibility that Stroud turns back into a pumpkin anyway, there's a ton of qbs who looked good at first then turned to complete poo poo

Every game further cements the path these two QBs are on. It would be pretty surprising if they completely swap trajectories at the point.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

epic bacon posted:

fire every coach. ACAB

I'm really liking this Antonio Pierce guy so he's exempt from your coaching purge, tia

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Thursday night is going to be a real mask off moment nationally for Bryce.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MikeCrotch posted:

Turns back into a Pumpkin? When was he a pumpkin in the first place?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

When he showed up to the smart boy test black

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

MikeCrotch posted:

Stroud is better than Bryce and was better than Bryce in College. Fire all Carolina coaches and force Tepper to sell.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Stroud is better than Bryce and was better than Bryce in College. Fire all Carolina coaches and force Tepper to sell.

Assuming he never sells, he definitely needs to hire someone to do everything. He cannot have any input into any element of the team because he’s proven himself to be poo poo from a butt.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Tepper is like a textbook case of how getting rid of a bad owner can actually just get you an even worse owner

Haslam was a pretty good case for that too

Nov 6, 2002

Febreeze posted:

Tepper is like a textbook case of how getting rid of a bad owner can actually just get you an even worse owner

Haslam was a pretty good case for that too

who knew billionaires were meddling assholes

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Turns back into a Pumpkin? When was he a pumpkin in the first place?

Don't draft ohio state QBs people always had him as a pumpkin.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

who knew billionaires were meddling assholes
Exactly. The number of people capable of buying an NFL franchise self-selects for narcissistic assholes who think they're smarter than the general population.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

they simply must be. how else would they be that rich

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oookay we're having a little revisionist history here - Young was clearly the #1 option in the draft everywhere by the time it was rolling around. It would have been a massive surprise if Stroud was taken #1.

Hell, Stroud was by no means the second best QB overall - Richardson was approaching him by the end and there were a lot of people saying the Texans won't draft him and just kick the can to next year. They got slight pushback for picking Stroud.

It's all obviously worked out great for the Texans, but Stroud wasn't viewed as that slam dunk guy back then.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Kirios posted:

Oookay we're having a little revisionist history here - Young was clearly the #1 option in the draft everywhere by the time it was rolling around. It would have been a massive surprise if Stroud was taken #1.

Hell, Stroud was by no means the second best QB overall - Richardson was approaching him by the end and there were a lot of people saying the Texans won't draft him and just kick the can to next year. They got slight pushback for picking Stroud.

It's all obviously worked out great for the Texans, but Stroud wasn't viewed as that slam dunk guy back then.

Stroud was the #2 QB on pretty much every semi respectable ranking. It would have been a surprise if he was taken #1 because the reporting had all coalesced around Carolina taking Bryce, not because people though Stroud sucked.

Stroud got hit with a lot of bullshit thanks to that dumbass test and general concerns about “processing” but he was a very good prospect and it wasn’t at all a surprise that he went high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--Yeah I think Stroud was still considered the clear #2 at the end, testing issue aside.

Kirios posted:

It is still incredibly funny how completely diametrically opposed people who sat through watching Richardson's games and should have been fans of his opinions were to the draftniks.