Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jelly posted:

Smoking joints in bed is madness. I sincerely hope they smoke holding the ashtray under the joint at all times like the stereotypical image of an old lady in a bathrobe popping up in my mind right now.

It's decadent as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
STIIIZY is solid stuff but not my jam, too expensive for how much I smoke

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Vampire Panties posted:

:ssh: SWIM once walked through the (TSA Pre) metal detectors with a cart+battery in their pocket and didn't set off the alarm :ssh:

Sure is nice living in a country where they don't give a crap about bringing weed on airplanes as long as you travel domestically :smug: :canada: :350:

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Woke up still stoned off edibles, blueberry smoothie and whole wheat pizza with so many mushrooms

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Weed is cool and good.

I was carrying all my weed stuff around in a shoebox for a while, but it felt flimsy, and I wanted something easier to carry.. So I went to the army surplus store, and bought an ammo box.

Not only is it sturdy, but it locks the smell in too. A++ Party Box.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Ammo boxes are great. A friend of mine uses a kind of medicine lockbox for the same purpose.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

The Zombie Guy posted:

Weed is cool and good.

I was carrying all my weed stuff around in a shoebox for a while, but it felt flimsy, and I wanted something easier to carry.. So I went to the army surplus store, and bought an ammo box.

Not only is it sturdy, but it locks the smell in too. A++ Party Box.

I also have an ammo can for my weed. I got one with a loop you can lock it up.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Wachter posted:

À la reclaim du temps vape-poo

Bong-Pall Cart

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Sure is nice living in a country where they don't give a crap about bringing weed on airplanes as long as you travel domestically :smug: :canada: :350:

Wait.... You're not supposed to do that in the U.S.?
:snoop:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

kuarduck posted:

Wait.... You're not supposed to do that in the U.S.?
:snoop:

Just be careful, also probably a bad idea to bring anything a dog can sniff out (flower). Federal law > State Law, and it's still schedule 1.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Whooping Crabs posted:

Just be careful, also probably a bad idea to bring anything a dog can sniff out (flower). Federal law > State Law, and it's still schedule 1.

TSA has said they don't really care if you're bringing personal amounts domestically, so like a vape pen or some edibles. but if you're bringing something a dog can sniff, yeah you're probably gonna get hosed

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
the big thing to worry about is some states, especially in the south and in the prairie, will absolutely bust you and you might have to deal with felony charges because those states are lovely hell holes that should be given to The Weed States

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

the big thing to worry about is some states, especially in the south and in the prairie, will absolutely bust you and you might have to deal with felony charges because those states are lovely hell holes that should be given to The Weed States

Imagine living in a state that is actively out there trying to gently caress with people's lives, people who are harming no one.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Imagine living in a state that is actively out there trying to gently caress with people's lives, people who are harming no one.

I'm still confused why anyone would live in Oh*o

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

bagmonkey posted:

TSA has said they don't really care if you're bringing personal amounts domestically, so like a vape pen or some edibles. but if you're bringing something a dog can sniff, yeah you're probably gonna get hosed

Yes, but that assumes TSA dogs are trained on weed.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
It was super easy to just rub off the weed label on the stiiizy pods and you definitely can't smell them when they're in your bag for travel so I doubt a dog will, and the pods will just look like normal disposable nic pods on xray I'd guess (I'm not a nicotine user so I have no idea what the pods look like in that realm)

But yeah at any rate it was personal amounts from one legal state to the other so I doubt they even gave a poo poo to begin with

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The Modern Leper posted:

Yes, but that assumes TSA dogs are trained on weed.

TSA does not care, but the DEA can and does assign agents to airports. usually they’re just looking for cash to swipe, but they will on occasion also bust you for having drugs

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I’m convinced strains don’t matter and it’s just like the folks who claim different alcohol has different effects. Tell me why I’m wrong without anecdotes!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I’m convinced strains don’t matter and it’s just like the folks who claim different alcohol has different effects. Tell me why I’m wrong without anecdotes!

I'm not going to do that and instead say that drug use and its effects are always completely subjective and what really matters is that you figure it out for yourself, like think about if you like specific strains, or just sativa/indica/hybrid, etc

And none of those answers are "wrong" if you are enjoying the weed in the end

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

As someone who uses it medicinally for anxiety and making my appetite work this is not a good take.

Now whether or not the strains are consistent is another thing altogether. Is Grape Ape from Brand A the same as Grape Ape from Brand B? Or is Grape Ape from Brand A this year the same as it was last year? Who knows.

But I can smoke two different strains and while both get me high, one will completely treat my issues and the other do nothing for me at all. Sorry, it's anecdotal but I think that's a weird disqualifier.

edit: I was feeling needlessly feisty

Jelly fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 7, 2023

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Jelly posted:

Now whether or not the strains are consistent is another thing altogether. Is Grape Ape from Brand A the same as Grape Ape from Brand B? Or is Grape Ape from Brand A this year the same as it was last year? Who knows.

I think a lot of this is why I personally steer my decisions more on if it is advertised as a sativa/hybrid/indica/etc. Individual strains, even if you can guarantee it comes from the same grower, can vary quite a bit between batches, since there's just a bit more to making weed than growing it with the right genes

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Since cannabis was legalized here last year, my small town/city has ~EXPLODED~ with drug "retailers" and it's getting out of hand. It's the 2nd largest city in the state but it is still only a few miles wide and yet there are (no joke) about 40-60 cannabis stores all located here. All manner of foreclosed building, trailer, puptent, and warehouse is being snatched up and converted into a dispensary. Hell, we have at least 3 drive-through weed retailers! We have become Weed Mecca. It's honestly unsustainable, and they just keep opening new ones. I've held my tongue for a long time but frankly, it's getting to be a problem.

Because my tolerance is so loving insane right now and I really want to go to a new one that just opened that is literally called "Dank of America" made out of an old BoA lol. I think I need to take a break, because we are planning to watch all the Fast/Furious movies soon. I can eat a third of a bar of chocolate and it's like... nothin'. Tips or tricks so i may better appreciate the collective works of Mr. Vince Diesel or the wonders of Mario?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

different cannabis varietals have different cannabinoid, terpene and other cannabinoid-supportive profiles, which can result in a difference in high. Some plants also produce THC-V, which is much different than THCA. In addition, certain varietals are higher in CBD or CBG or CBN.

To Jelly's point though, "strains" as they currently exist are complete horse poo poo because there's no way of telling whether Cheetah Piss Balls #5 is the same as Cheetah Piss Balls #5 from a different grower. There's no testing, limited tracing of genetics (lotsa places claim this but c'mon lets be real) and mostly just a focus on making good weed

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I've had the budtenders tell me that indica and sative aren't things either, but I know from experience the "indica" strains I buy are the medicinally useful ones. So if those aren't actually strains but they're still classifying them by those things that have been attributed to those strains then that information is still useful to me.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Wilkins Micawber posted:

It's honestly unsustainable, and they just keep opening new ones.

We've seen that happen here in a decriminalized city. Smoke shops going up everywhere selling thca of every type. It's a mixed bag. Some close up almost a month later, while other ones have been around for a while are opening new shops. Hard to understand if it's just a fad, or if the demand is really there. All of it is super cheap. Can't be that much money in it anymore. Even the chain gas stations (Amoco) and local grocers are selling thca now.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 7, 2023

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Doesn't THCA convert into THC when you heat it?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
btw I spend some more time with that THCA weed I got online, and while it tastes weird, it does work, but it's a bit weak.

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 7, 2023

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Philthy posted:

We've seen that happen here in a decriminalized city. Smoke shops going up everywhere selling thca of every type. It's a mixed bag. Some close up almost a month later, while other ones have been around for a while are opening new shops. Hard to understand if it's just a fad, or if the demand is really there. All of it is super cheap. Can't be that much money in it anymore. Even the chain gas stations (Amoco) and local grocers are selling thca now.
yeah, the number of new "CBD" or "hemp" vape/smoke shops I saw on my last trip to Houston (decriminalized city but still illegal statewide) was silly, it's like Starbucks twenty years ago where there's a new shop on every corner. some are getting more brazen and actually advertising "THC" on signs out front now. the number of shops doesn't seem sustainable, and some regulation and quality standards would be nice, but a gray market is better than a black market under full prohibition, i guess

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Doesn't THCA convert into THC when you heat it?
yup, whether its advertised as "marijuana" or "high-THCa hemp", most of the THC you get from smoking/vaping weed started out as THCa

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

same

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i think the indica sativa thing is more of a vibe than a real thing considering all the cross breeding of weed done over the years as well

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

PokeJoe posted:

i think the indica sativa thing is more of a vibe than a real thing considering all the cross breeding of weed done over the years as well

I've definitely had indicas that had me up and about and sativas that have totally couchlocked me so the whole "in da couch" thing ain't even real tbh

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
genetics, how you grow it, and how you dry and cure it all have effects. if you let it run super long it's more couchlocky relative to if you harvest it earlier

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I think some dude just smokes it and writes his best guess

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Blotto_Otter posted:

yup, whether its advertised as "marijuana" or "high-THCa hemp", most of the THC you get from smoking/vaping weed started out as THCa

Some company here was selling brownies with thca in them. The thing was, they added the thca prior to cooking, so it all ended up decarbed. Totally illegal here, I assume, but those 600 mg brownies were good the one time I had them. Unfortunately one of them was too covered in mold to eat. Kind of surprised to see them being sold in a store, honestly, since they were clearly made in some dude's house and with no preservatives.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
All I know is we have been buying ounces of shake for $50 and we vape a lot, then use the abv to make edibles. Can be a little harsh and it's usually not-tasty strains like cat piss or nutta. The worst is GMO, seriously nauseating stuff. So goddamn oniony. Have to run it through the Pax for a couple minutes to burn off some of those terpines.

No idea what will happen to all the weed stores in town. I think a lot of people come in from Texas, but how can it be sustainable? There's 225,000 people in the entire county. Where does this money even come from? VC stuff I guess.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
when I'm high I keep hitting the charging end of my pen

:okpos:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the more i read about all this bullshit people have to put up with the more glad i am to just grow my own

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Wilkins Micawber posted:

I can eat a third of a bar of chocolate and it's like... nothin'.

I think you should try different brands, batches, because unlike with tried-and-true booze production the rec cannabis industry is still in relative infancy, and there seems to be a fair amount of inconsistencies in the products. And with the glut of weed stores in your area, it should be no problem.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I've read that indica and sativa aren't really different at the molecular level and growing conditions are pretty much everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Ohio just got one good thing going for it! :420:

(Okay, getting the right to abortion enshrined in the state constitution is pretty awesome, too)