Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

tanglewood1420 posted:

If Minny moves KAT they need a better shooter than Siakam coming back. Gobert, Siakam, McDaniel would be the worst jump shooting frontcourt in the league. With Kyle Anderson coming off the bench to make it even worse.

This is all coming down to the fact that he's just started the year with a string of bad shooting nights. If he otherwise remains the same player and is shooting close to his career norms, they don't really have any complaints. He does not need to carry the weight of the entire team on his shoulders anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Kat is finally playing good defense and his shooting is awful. He just needs to settle, he'll get there.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Jokic is pretty good at this whole basketball thing also I will never slander Calvin Booth, we might have hit on all of our draft picks atleast to some degree?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1721681819156742353

shams following up with the deetz, rip to the lord of time

gently caress I guess we see why he was traded for a pack of smokes

Poor dude is jon isaac level brittle

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

This is a REALLY REALLY fun MN team. Undefeated Nuggets? No problem. Undefeated Celtics? No problem (in OT).

Also, KAT I love you man but man you need to figure a coupla things out.

I went to the game with a few friends that aren't basketball fans and one fell head over heels in love with KAT. She said he's one of the hottest men she's ever seen.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I went to the game with a few friends that aren't basketball fans and one fell head over heels in love with KAT. She said he's one of the hottest men she's ever seen.

:pwn:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Like 3/4 of the posters here live in or have lived in range of attending a Timberwolves game. Wild.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Clippers no match for the mighty Knicks

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

Like 3/4 of the posters here live in or have lived in range of attending a Timberwolves game. Wild.

You can't really leave your house during the NBA season so we all found weird corners of the Internet.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
This probably explains the enormous amount of posting and posters from Chicago in this forum as well

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1721765692762976396

Would be fun, but don't know how they could ensure you get 12 Americans and 12 International players selected. NBPA absolutely will not let the league determine All-Star eligibility by nationality.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mavericks good

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Wizards are going to be historically bad, right? It looks like they should win more than 10 games, but every team hangs at least 120 on them.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

maruhkati posted:

The exciting thing is, given that it is not terribly likely that Towns has suddenly become a sub-20% three point shooter, it is quite probable that this team improves as the year progresses.

Yes, after they trade kat they will improve

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

blue squares posted:

Mavericks good

Kyrie has had a real slow start to the season too, but I think just being out there has helped their offense a ton. If Kyrie starts actually making shots they'll get better still.

Of course, Dwight Powell isn't going to keep shooting 83% and Derek Lively probably won't keep putting together an all-nba season at 19, but the Mavs offense at least seems like it finally has some pop to it.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Alperen "The Gün" Şengün had 12 assists last night, he is #7 in the league in assist percentage.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

The Wizards are going to be historically bad, right? It looks like they should win more than 10 games, but every team hangs at least 120 on them.

Allowing an opposing player 48 points in three quarters may be both a fluke occurrence and a red flag for a worrying lack of seriousness.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Lockback posted:

Kyrie has had a real slow start to the season too, but I think just being out there has helped their offense a ton. If Kyrie starts actually making shots they'll get better still.

Of course, Dwight Powell isn't going to keep shooting 83% and Derek Lively probably won't keep putting together an all-nba season at 19, but the Mavs offense at least seems like it finally has some pop to it.

Grant Williams probably won't top 50% from 3, either.

Regression candidates aside though, the Mavs may not actually be a top team in the league but at least they've completely flipped the feeling around them. At least IMO. And it's not just a record thing. The defensive effort isn't *always* there but it's *often* there, much more than last year. Pushing the pace more, getting some easy buckets. And regression or no, Williams and Lively are turning out to be pretty much perfect fits, on both ends, and just kinda make the whole roster make more sense, like it's a real NBA rotation with various pieces doing specific things.

I'll wanna see them actually take down some great teams before getting too stoked but at least they're fun and the trajectory looks positive, instead of whatever the gently caress last year was

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

tanglewood1420 posted:

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1721765692762976396

Would be fun, but don't know how they could ensure you get 12 Americans and 12 International players selected. NBPA absolutely will not let the league determine All-Star eligibility by nationality.

What did the NHL do when they had usa vs world format and were there contract things attached to selection?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dutchy posted:

Grant Williams probably won't top 50% from 3, either.

Regression candidates aside though, the Mavs may not actually be a top team in the league but at least they've completely flipped the feeling around them. At least IMO. And it's not just a record thing. The defensive effort isn't *always* there but it's *often* there, much more than last year. Pushing the pace more, getting some easy buckets. And regression or no, Williams and Lively are turning out to be pretty much perfect fits, on both ends, and just kinda make the whole roster make more sense, like it's a real NBA rotation with various pieces doing specific things.

I'll wanna see them actually take down some great teams before getting too stoked but at least they're fun and the trajectory looks positive, instead of whatever the gently caress last year was

Yeah I agree, it's much more of a roster of players with roles and responsibilities and not just some guys out there to watch Luka.

Honestly though, Kyrie really has helped open up that offense too. The threat of him humiliating you actually forces the defense to react and not just stifle ball movement and force Luka heroball all day.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Last night Celtics vs Timberwolves game was the #1 offense vs the #1 defense.

After the game, Celtics are no longer the #1 offense. Wolves still the #1 defense. :c00lbert:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pacers are such a weird team. They put up 152 last night on the Spurs. But also lost to the Bulls.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Ausar Thompson is rebounding the poo poo out of the ball, he is #3 in offensive rebounding this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh7dn-0Eozg

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Pacers are such a weird team. They put up 152 last night on the Spurs. But also lost to the Bulls.

Spurs are actually not really that good.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Lockback posted:

Yeah I agree, it's much more of a roster of players with roles and responsibilities and not just some guys out there to watch Luka.

Honestly though, Kyrie really has helped open up that offense too. The threat of him humiliating you actually forces the defense to react and not just stifle ball movement and force Luka heroball all day.

Yeah, despite narratives, I think Luka and Kyrie playing together was one of the few things that went right for the Mavs last year, they just weren't on the court together a lot and had no depth to compensate. Grant Williams may not shoot 56% or whatever it is right now but he's going to drown in corner threes while teams trying to deal with these guys.

And I know this is very armchair psychologist and stupid and all, take it with a grain of salt, but all the body language and stuff looks 1000000000x better. Communication, energy, positive and encouraging each other even when down. Even if the Mavs were 3-4 I'd feel better just because they don't all look like they wish they were dead this year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wait, kris dunn is still playing in the nba???????

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

The only thing that determines whether a team wins or loses anymore on any given night is whether they make threes. They missed threes against the bulls.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
Is there some reason beyond a quirk of scheduling that there's no games today?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Is there some reason beyond a quirk of scheduling that there's no games today?

Election day

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

temple posted:

Election day

Ah. Makes sense, a good civic-minded reason.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

What did the NHL do when they had usa vs world format and were there contract things attached to selection?

NHL contracts don't have performance bonuses or escalators so it didn't affect anything. And all star game selections are pretty much ignored as a metric for saying if a guy is good since there's 40 slots, 32 teams and everyone gets a rep so it's just best player on the team with good teams getting 2.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I've spent the morning so far looking at pictures of KAT (after I clocked in, of course, and in my open-office concept glass cube because I want my coworkers to look at this too), and I have to say: I don't see it? I mean, he's decent, but Ant's cuter, especially with the longer hair. Perhaps more research is needed.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Dutchy posted:

And I know this is very armchair psychologist and stupid and all, take it with a grain of salt, but all the body language and stuff looks 1000000000x better. Communication, energy, positive and encouraging each other even when down. Even if the Mavs were 3-4 I'd feel better just because they don't all look like they wish they were dead this year.

Yeah I’d agree the the ~vibe~ is already a lot better this season. Kyrie seems to be putting in a lot more effort too which is promising.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

nikosoft posted:

I've spent the morning so far looking at pictures of KAT (after I clocked in, of course, and in my open-office concept glass cube because I want my coworkers to look at this too), and I have to say: I don't see it? I mean, he's decent, but Ant's cuter, especially with the longer hair. Perhaps more research is needed.

we should collectively inform her that she's wrong

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Has she seen Paul George?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lockback posted:

Spurs are actually not really that good.

Yeah but the Spurs seem like the exact kind of team they should have trouble with.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Bismack Billabongo posted:

What a loving loser. Suns won the trade
Not even close.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

nikosoft posted:

He's got that big cuddly teddy bear thing going on, and he's expressive which can be considered attractive. I guess if you really want a guy who kinda looks like a Muppet it's him or Jamal Murray and then you're kinda out of luck.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
proud of you guys for not indulging in height theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

R.D. Mangles posted:

wait, kris dunn is still playing in the nba???????

doug mcdermott was the leading scoring for the spurs yesterday