Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
I honestly can't imagine starting the game right now. There has to be several hundred hours of mainline plot content (AQ + SQ + the "main" world quests for each region) by this point to get through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Angry electro Amber is sick of your poo poo

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Boat Stuck posted:

I honestly can't imagine starting the game right now. There has to be several hundred hours of mainline plot content (AQ + SQ + the "main" world quests for each region) by this point to get through.

I kinda hope there's an excuse for us to restart, since I always forget plotlines since it takes 6 weeks between patches.

Kale
May 14, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

If any miHoYo game gets big enough for a Final Fantasy crossover I want it to be an early sprite based art style. Probably Honkai since it's easier to make those animations for combat.

IMO Genshin and Star Rail are plenty big enough for a crossover, its a matter if they want to do anything like that. Plenty of small time gacha titles get crossovers with FF already anyway.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Angry electro Amber is sick of your poo poo

Angry *pyro* amber is sick of your poo poo

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Boat Stuck posted:

Even playing again after having stopped during 1.2 has been a struggle; spent the last few months going through Inazuma, and am finally in Sumeru storyline. There is a lot to do and unfortunately, I'm a completionist.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I can't look at Chevreuse and not see Pom-Pom, sorry

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Obnoxipus posted:

Even playing again after having stopped during 1.2 has been a struggle; spent the last few months going through Inazuma, and am finally in Sumeru storyline. There is a lot to do and unfortunately, I'm a completionist.
I am too, and although I did have everything completed up until Inazuma after taking a year or two off I just didn't remember anything so I started over.

I'm about to 100% everything up to the end of Inazuma and start on The Chasm, hopefully the Chasm doesn't take a massive amount of time but with it being so vertical it probably will.

Going into Sumeru eventually looks daunting on its own, the place is massive and the desert alone looks like its the size of Liyue + Mondstat combined

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Excelzior posted:

That seems like a feature, not a bug.

I really want human girl pom pom now so the marketing worked.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

That seems like a feature, not a bug.

I really want human girl pom pom now so the marketing worked.

Charlotte is already there

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Charlotte doesn't seem chronically depressed though

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Boat Stuck posted:

Content Accretion Syndrome is always just a part of these Games as a Service. IT's the reason I cannot get into Warframe, there's just waaaaay too much legacy crap you have to trudge through as a newer player to get to the stuff that's actually being advertised.

It's why I always to try to do as much of the added primary content as possible each patch, that way when I inevitably fall off, it won't be so bad to pick it back up later on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean this isnt a game with pvp so idk what there is to really 'get through.' you can roll for new characters as they come out and very few events require MSQ progression beyond the bare minimum. whats the rush to 'catch up?' its not like this is ff14 where theres endgame raids your friends are doing. if you're behind on the msq, whats the penalty?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Tree Reformat posted:

Content Accretion Syndrome is always just a part of these Games as a Service. IT's the reason I cannot get into Warframe, there's just waaaaay too much legacy crap you have to trudge through as a newer player to get to the stuff that's actually being advertised.

It's why I always to try to do as much of the added primary content as possible each patch, that way when I inevitably fall off, it won't be so bad to pick it back up later on.

i love warframe but yeah, there is no way i would stick with the game if i had to start from scratch. it's only tolerable because i'm at a point where what little progression remains is strictly horizontal and i don't even really need to do anything to keep up except maybe farm a few flavor of the week weapon every six months

which is a shame because underneath all the F2P cruft the core gameplay, the movement system and the shooting and so on, are still incredible

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Tampa Bae posted:

I am too, and although I did have everything completed up until Inazuma after taking a year or two off I just didn't remember anything so I started over.

I'm about to 100% everything up to the end of Inazuma and start on The Chasm, hopefully the Chasm doesn't take a massive amount of time but with it being so vertical it probably will.

Going into Sumeru eventually looks daunting on its own, the place is massive and the desert alone looks like its the size of Liyue + Mondstat combined

The Chasm didn't feel too bad honestly, but I have also been told that I liked the stuff in the game that others didn't so...it might be poo poo actually???

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Good: Liyue, Chasm, Sumeru Jungle, Dragonspine, Enkanomiya.

Bad: Inazuma, Sumeru Desert.

Shrug: Mondstadt, Summer Islands.

Overall they did pretty well.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Obnoxipus posted:

The Chasm didn't feel too bad honestly, but I have also been told that I liked the stuff in the game that others didn't so...it might be poo poo actually???
I actually like talking to all the NPCs and learning their stories, getting every single chest (or at least until the map says 100%) and getting all the achievements before I move on to the next region which is probably why I'm never going to catch up, ever again.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i love warframe but yeah, there is no way i would stick with the game if i had to start from scratch. it's only tolerable because i'm at a point where what little progression remains is strictly horizontal and i don't even really need to do anything to keep up except maybe farm a few flavor of the week weapon every six months

which is a shame because underneath all the F2P cruft the core gameplay, the movement system and the shooting and so on, are still incredible
Games like Warcraft that have been going for 20 years have finally started fixing but before they did it was really brutal having to start completely fresh at lvl 1 and go through 5 years worth of content just to play the current game. Now it's being set up so you can start and the last expansion only and then start at the new expansion and all the other older stuff is just there if you ever feel like doing it, but there really is absolutely 0 point in doing any of it because unlike say, Genshin, there are no shared resources other than basic gold so you're just collecting cosmetic stuff.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Boat Stuck posted:

People just play, internet people overthink it. Plently of people just played the main story around 3.5 as newcomers.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Tampa Bae posted:

Games like Warcraft that have been going for 20 years have finally started fixing but before they did it was really brutal having to start completely fresh at lvl 1 and go through 5 years worth of content just to play the current game. Now it's being set up so you can start and the last expansion only and then start at the new expansion and all the other older stuff is just there if you ever feel like doing it, but there really is absolutely 0 point in doing any of it because unlike say, Genshin, there are no shared resources other than basic gold so you're just collecting cosmetic stuff.
You didn't really ever have to go through every WoW expansion in full, since Blizzard had the presence of mind to steadily nerf exp requirements for low levels, but that kinda just made the problem worse, because if you did want to see the story content, you'd outlevel it before you finished the story arc within a zone.

None of the resources pre-WL8 really matter in Genshin either, and they changed the AR requirements so you aren't as timegated by them. If you're just trying to unblock events, you can also rush the archon questline and then fill in the rest as you get time.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
If they had just made any of the three massive desert sections anything other than “also a desert” it would have been fine I reckon. Jet’s whole storyline was great iirc.

The whole last desert section with the floaty critters could easily have been more rainforest or some other biome, the desert didn’t seem particularly necessary for that storyline. Maybe expand the frozen crystals they have and just crystal mountains and canyons interwoven with rainforest.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Xalidur posted:

Good: Liyue, Chasm, Sumeru Jungle, Dragonspine, Enkanomiya.

Bad: Inazuma, Sumeru Desert.

Shrug: Mondstadt, Summer Islands.

Overall they did pretty well.

This is why my opinions are bad: I did not think the timegating of Inazuma quest stuff was particularly egregious, save for the furnace questline. Specifically, the quest where I talked to the guy, gave him one of an item that was already plentiful in my inventory, and was then told to come back tomorrow.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Obnoxipus posted:

This is why my opinions are bad: I did not think the timegating of Inazuma quest stuff was particularly egregious, save for the furnace questline. Specifically, the quest where I talked to the guy, gave him one of an item that was already plentiful in my inventory, and was then told to come back tomorrow.

I didn't mind that. I mostly just felt the puzzles reached a level of unnecessary complexity that made grinding them out more of a chore than something I actually enjoyed doing.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Has anyone else hit 1000 achievements yet? \:madmax:/
Haven't even started half the hangouts. I'm not that desperate for achievements.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Excelzior posted:

Pom-Pom, Sirin, and maybe a little Fischl here.
10/10 must pull, especially if she has more Pom-Pom and Sirin to her outside of just appearance and her life isn't a never ending train of depressive episodes.

Okay also if it is because #relatable, but it would be nice for Pom-Pom and/or Sirin to get to be happy somewhere.
(Current Captainverse Sirin only half counts. Things are looking up for her now but her backstory is, like, an entire Madoka Magicka anime or something.)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I'm still pulling for Stelle being Sirin drat it.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Furina demo, mhy really pulling out all the stops here on this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN79SfbcvIE

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I couldn't fully make out the singing at the end despite speaking French but they've fortunately included the lyrics in the description along with a translation that's adequate if not perfect. At least it conveys the right meaning.

Love the music in the demo.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Garrand posted:

She's imitating all the other archons at 1:40. She swings by with a lyre when she's imitating Venti, then does Ei's mediation pose. I'm pretty sure the crowd is also changing to the outfits of that nation.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
The more I watch the demo the more fun little details I notice. Neuvillette kneeing a guy in the gut during the big brawl at the end is especially funny.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Danakir posted:

The more I watch the demo the more fun little details I notice. Neuvillette kneeing a guy in the gut during the big brawl at the end is especially funny.
My favorite is that at the end Clorinde and Navia are just arguing with each other instead of actually fighting. It's a funny character beat and also a good way of getting around the fact that they probably don't have Clorinde's animations finalized.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Maxwell Adams posted:

She's imitating all the other archons at 1:40. She swings by with a lyre when she's imitating Venti, then does Ei's mediation pose. I'm pretty sure the crowd is also changing to the outfits of that nation.

https://twitter.com/GenshinUpdate/status/1721749994322174239?s=19

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

My favorite is that at the end Clorinde and Navia are just arguing with each other instead of actually fighting. It's a funny character beat and also a good way of getting around the fact that they probably don't have Clorinde's animations finalized.

Childe flying kicks a dude. If that animation was in the game beforehand maybe I’d play him more.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 7, 2023

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Furina web event is up and gives 40 primos.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Garrand posted:

#1 on trending, 10,000 comments. You're a star baby!!!!

The sitting and drinking tea cross legged, the bows, all the curtsies and impeccable posture stuff are kind of lethal to a guy that has a critical weakness to posh Ojou types. Not that I wasn't planning on rolling on her like most people. Kind of makes me hope the rumors of the dance party event in 3.3 are true so I can see Ayaka's Yamato Nadeshiko mannerisms play off of Furina's more Victorian era flamboyant style of lady.

Huge contrast with the previous trailer which was all doom and gloom. Clearly that was the Archon Quest teaser and this is the banner teaser. It was kind of the same way with Nahida too. I wonder what was up with the Navia goons manhandling Neuvillette and her looking pissed.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 7, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Navia leaks are out. Very unique field time requirements kind of like Tighnari. Pretty unique/zany kit.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 7, 2023

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Yeah, I'm even more interested in the character now that some details of her kit are out. Nice to see they're at least trying to throw overload a bone too, with Chevreuse. Those QOL improvements are also quite welcome.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Now to just hope Clorinde is a fun overload carry.

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

Navia leaks are out. Very unique field time requirements kind of like Tighnari. Pretty unique/zany kit.

I desire to use the (spoilers Navia ability names)elegant yet deadly "blade umbrella" and shoot many rose crystal bullets with it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I only just figured out Joe Zieja voices what's his face and I'm sad I didn't get him now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I only just figured out Joe Zieja voices what's his face and I'm sad I didn't get him now.
It's probably the best dub performance in the game honestly