Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

HallelujahLee posted:

he got petained

"Pétain required constant nursing care, and often suffered from hallucinations, e.g. that he was commanding armies in battle, or that naked women were dancing around his room. By the end of 1949, Pétain was almost completely senile, with only occasional moments of lucidity."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

no way let me check sources

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

"Pétain required constant nursing care, and often suffered from hallucinations, e.g. that he was commanding armies in battle, or that naked women were dancing around his room. By the end of 1949, Pétain was almost completely senile, with only occasional moments of lucidity."

i just checked abbas's age and this fossil is almost 90

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Sancho Banana posted:

The old AV was a shittier version of this

The new AV is a shittier version of this

why is miku laughing at reimu?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
https://twitter.com/babadookspinoza/status/1721729852712063045?t=JEU_7PSsbzvx_NOKeM7o4A&s=19

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

The league of nations refuses to act?!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

i dont see any news sources, most likely fake news

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

HallelujahLee posted:

he got petained

he got a mountain in Canada named after him?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

aljazeera doesnt say anything about abbas so its fake news

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he got a mountain in Canada named after him?

probably

https://www.turkiyenewspaper.com/politics/17119

this what i found on the attack

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

I want to believe - that WW3 is starting, but alas

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

aljazeera doesnt say anything about abbas so its fake news

pawparole keeping everyone in check

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

guys if abbas was attacked it would be all over the news

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lol that the phlebotomist is wearing a flag as a cape

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
am i being petained??

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Hatebag posted:

i wasn't trying to minimize it, just lolling that they're actually doing the things that people have little urban legend social panics about.

It's never been an urban legend? Nazis have been putting razorblades under their propaganda posters for decades.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Sherbert Hoover posted:

am i being petained??

were sending you off to a sanatorium

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

apparently Abbas is in critical condition, fingers crossed for my boy

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

humanitarian ceasefire

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Calibanibal posted:

Is his replacement less of a cuck

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Al! posted:

lol that the phlebotomist is wearing a flag as a cape

german commander: Take me to the most fascist blood bank you've got

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dante80 posted:

I want to believe - that WW3 is starting, but alas

The "events leading to" sections of history textbooks are always so short for how many years they cover

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

guys if abbas was attacked it would be all over the news

Calibanibal posted:

Going with Calibanibal on this, RIP abbas

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Huge lol if the Abbas story is true, even bigger lol if it was the IDF/some Settler militia that offed him.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Calibanibal posted:

critical support for Mahmoud Abbas

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012
Sons of Abu Jandal making good on their 24 hours threat on the dot?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

feel like twitter is basically liveleak at this point. the kind of poo poo that gets posted on there used to be reserved for websites that only weirdos obsessed with gore would visit.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Rubellavator posted:

feel like twitter is basically liveleak at this point. the kind of poo poo that gets posted on there used to be reserved for websites that only weirdos obsessed with gore would visit.

*With a twinge of pride*. I'm not completely desensitized to violence yet

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Rubellavator posted:

its super gross and i rarely go on at all since youll see a post about how it's apple season and there will be a photo of a mutilated dead kid posted underneath it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Rubellavator posted:

the same thing that lets pro-Palestine voices come out on twitter without getting slammed by the mods (some of the time) is also the same thing that let's all manner of less helpful posts also get through

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Seems like drug dealers(?) attacked the security detail of Palestinian National Authority in Jalazon refugee camp in revenge for an arrest yesterday

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its our time now yell drug dealers in Jalazon refugee camp

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

abbas was attacked

with love and admiration from his people and he wants them to know he sees them and hears them

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1721925383891845521?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Rubellavator posted:

Surprisingly I haven't come across THAT much of the really gruesome stuff - from Gaza anyway. I've seen a bunch of much less gorey but still really disgusting videos of soldiers mistreating prisoners/corpses.

Tankbuster posted:

why is miku laughing at reimu?

An amusing prank was pulled.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i hope they crash into the ocean tbh

fizziest
Nov 5, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...cf-ba3e7cf30000

Israeli Gov't Approves Construction of New Community Near Gaza Border
Zafrir Rinat
Nov 7, 2023
6:25 pm IST

Israel's National Planning and Building Council approved a plan on Tuesday to establish a new community called ‘Hanon’ near Netivot, in the Gaza border area. Unusually, Environmental Protection Minister Idit Silman participated in the discussion in order to persuade the council members to approve the move.

Silman supports the establishment of the new community despite opposition from the staff in her office, who believe that the focus should be on the rehabilitation of the communities damaged in the Hamas attack.

“It is appropriate to strengthen the settlements, this is a national Zionist position, and it was important for me to present it,” Silman said during the discussion.

Hearings on the plans to establish the new community have been going on for the past two years and the meeting of the National Planning and Building Council was scheduled before the war began. Sources in the government and the Sdot Negev Regional Council insisted that the hearing take place as planned despite the war. The plan will now move on to the next stage, in which objections can be submitted.

Some 500 housing units are planned for ‘Hanon’ which will be located in the area between Kibbutz Sa’ad and Netivot. Before the war, the Environmental Protection Ministry and green groups opposed the establishment of the settlement, claiming that there were enough housing reserves in the area and that the establishment of Hanon would harm Netivot by attracting stronger segments of the city’s population.

Since the outbreak of the war, they have argued that the focus should be on rehabilitating the communities that were hit by the Hamas attack and that any discussion regarding the establishment of the new community should be postponed.

Ayala Gladman, the representative of the Environmental Protection Ministry on the National Planning Committee, said in a previous hearing that it would be irresponsible to approve such a plan now.

Adit Orlev, coordinator of environmental policy planning at the Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel and a resident of Kibbutz Urim in the Gaza border region, also participated in the hearing.

“The state is not providing us with solutions right now, but fortunately the heads of the communities are helping,” she said. “Why build another community that the state won’t provide solutions for either?” she asked.

Representatives from the Housing and Construction Ministry of Construction, which supports the establishment of the new community, said in response that it would only be completed in a few years from now, and that until then the state will help rehabilitate the existing communities.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

It's not blood lust to hope every one of those gets shot down, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Never been a fan of those halftime shows