Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I have a truly disgusting choice to make in superflex. 4pt passing tds:

Z. Wilson vs LAC
Heinicke vs Min

Wilson has the best matchup, but I'm still tempted to play Heinicke just because of the mystery box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I have a truly disgusting choice to make in superflex. 4pt passing tds:

Z. Wilson vs LAC
Heinicke vs Min

Wilson has the best matchup, but I'm still tempted to play Heinicke just because of the mystery box.

I had this same choice of FA in my Goon dynasty league (4PaTD) and went with Heinecke.

Had to pick up a FA cause my QB room consists of the rapist with a bum shoulder, Dobbs who got traded IRL and isn't starting, AOC and Kyler Murray, who isn't playing yet. Still might plug AOC in over Heinekie, not sure yet.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
1 ppr

Chris Godwin @hou
Josh down @car

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
J Cook vs Cin or Mostert vs KC?

MerklesBoner
Apr 5, 2003

Jordan Love @ LAR
Taylor Heinicke @ MIN
Will Levis @ PIT

I made the mistake of drafting Fields (and of course didn’t start him his two good games before he messed up his thumb), and have been riding Love who has generally been falling backwards into getting me slightly over 20 pts per game. But with the situation continuing to sour at Green Bay, should I get in on the ground floor with an up-and-comer? Can Levis repeat last week’s success against a tougher matchup? Will Heinicke light it up and possibly take the starter job ROS?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
My WRs suck. 1PPR

Jakobi Meyers v NYG
Diontae Johnson v TEN (TNF!)
Josh Downs @ CAR

I've got Meyers slotted in but drat, the QB change and Adams making noise has me spooked. Is it Johnson time?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

MerklesBoner posted:

Jordan Love @ LAR
Taylor Heinicke @ MIN
Will Levis @ PIT

I made the mistake of drafting Fields (and of course didn’t start him his two good games before he messed up his thumb), and have been riding Love who has generally been falling backwards into getting me slightly over 20 pts per game. But with the situation continuing to sour at Green Bay, should I get in on the ground floor with an up-and-comer? Can Levis repeat last week’s success against a tougher matchup? Will Heinicke light it up and possibly take the starter job ROS?

Heinicke is the safer diceroll

Anti-Hero posted:

My WRs suck. 1PPR

Jakobi Meyers v NYG
Diontae Johnson v TEN (TNF!)
Josh Downs @ CAR

I've got Meyers slotted in but drat, the QB change and Adams making noise has me spooked. Is it Johnson time?

oof condolences, Downs might be out, so probably roll Dionte and be sad about it

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

oof condolences, Downs might be out, so probably roll Dionte and be sad about it

well I hope you rolled Diontae and are not too sad about it!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

well I hope you rolled Diontae and are not too sad about it!

I did, and I ain't sad!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Flex for half PPR

D Henderson @ GB
D Singletary vs TB

I currently have Henderson in, he's been good, and it's a nice matchup. A little worried about the timeshare with Royce Freeman, and if Stafford is out the offense might just be poo poo. It was confirmed today that Pierce is out for Houston this week so Singletary should have a lot of work. On the third hand, Singletary has never shown himself to be more than a JAG.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
J cook vs Cin or Mostert vs KC?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’d roll with Mostert imo

Also Taysom @ CHI or Thomas @ NE? Taysom has been owning bones the last few games, but he has a hip thing going on and my opponent’s starters are also on bye, so I’d like to pull a win out over the #1 guy in the league, but I’m also willing to do some gambling

I have Kamara for CheckDown King Carr, so the Taysom pick feels relatively safe, especially since last week was the first time I’ve had a TE score more than 5pts in a match

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Due to injuries and byes I'm probably going to need to pick up either Dotson or Crowder from the commies. Which one should I go with? I'm leaning toward Crowder because we basically know what Dotson's ceiling is and Crowder is taking Samuel's role who was already doing better. I'd probably be dropping Samuel.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Josh Downs' questionable tag has put me in a little bit of a bind because he was going to be my flex starter. My alternatives are Rashee Rice in the Germany game, and Josh Palmer in MNF who also has a Q and didn't even practice today. I have to go with Rice, right? The games are so spaced out that I can't wait on Downs or Palmer being game time decisions and maybe getting me a 0 in that slot. Rice might even be the pick anyway because KC-Miami should be a shootout.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

ElectricRelaxation posted:

Josh Downs' questionable tag has put me in a little bit of a bind because he was going to be my flex starter. My alternatives are Rashee Rice in the Germany game, and Josh Palmer in MNF who also has a Q and didn't even practice today. I have to go with Rice, right? The games are so spaced out that I can't wait on Downs or Palmer being game time decisions and maybe getting me a 0 in that slot. Rice might even be the pick anyway because KC-Miami should be a shootout.
At this point, I would call Rice a start at any WR2-or-less spot (unless you have some insane WR group). I'm playing him this week and not looking back.

I have a pretty hopeless week due to byes/injuries, but I still have to start two QBs. Having just lost Kirk, my choices are very dire.
pre:
Derek Carr	NO	vs  CHI
Jaren Hall	MIN	@   ATL
Zach Wilson	NYJ	vs  LAC

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1720976014904345051?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

So do I still start Puka, or do I start Flowers instead?

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I have Puka and I'm not gonna start him if Stafford sits, looked into the same question and here's my reasoning:

He's got a bum knee, they're going into a bye so he might be limited. GB's offense is terrible (with a reasonably good D), Rams have a decent running game and TE, and maybe the best slot receiver in the league. I don't think Rypien is gonna be letting her rip to Puka that much.

That being said Rypien has had a pretty exceptional deep ball game in his handful of starts, and was allowed to take quite a few deep attempts his starts in Denver. There's a slim chance he hits Puka deep a bunch, if you absolutely need to gamble on someone going off.

I'd feel a lot safer starting Zay, especially against SEA.

Also keep in mind any time I try to sound smart on the internet about fantasy football or gambling poo poo, the exact opposite of everything I predict happens so Puka is a lock for 90 points.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

vaginite posted:

I have Puka and I'm not gonna start him if Stafford sits, looked into the same question and here's my reasoning:

He's got a bum knee, they're going into a bye so he might be limited. GB's offense is terrible (with a reasonably good D), Rams have a decent running game and TE, and maybe the best slot receiver in the league. I don't think Rypien is gonna be letting her rip to Puka that much.

That being said Rypien has had a pretty exceptional deep ball game in his handful of starts, and was allowed to take quite a few deep attempts his starts in Denver. There's a slim chance he hits Puka deep a bunch, if you absolutely need to gamble on someone going off.

I'd feel a lot safer starting Zay, especially against SEA.

Also keep in mind any time I try to sound smart on the internet about fantasy football or gambling poo poo, the exact opposite of everything I predict happens so Puka is a lock for 90 points.

lol yeah that was mostly my exact same reasoning.

As long as zay hits his projection I’ll be happy

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Zero_Grade posted:

At this point, I would call Rice a start at any WR2-or-less spot (unless you have some insane WR group). I'm playing him this week and not looking back.

I have a pretty hopeless week due to byes/injuries, but I still have to start two QBs. Having just lost Kirk, my choices are very dire.
pre:
Derek Carr	NO	vs  CHI
Jaren Hall	MIN	@   ATL
Zach Wilson	NYJ	vs  LAC

Rice is definitely the #3 but only because AJ and CD are the top two. As for you, oof. Carr is the obvious choice, and then... well, poo poo. I guess I'm maybe feeling Zach a little more? It's nothing more than a gut feeling and the fact that the Chargers seem to underachieve, but great googily moogily I hate both those options.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Seattle has the rare 9AM local time game, I don’t expect them to do anything especially against a decent Baltimore defense

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Flowers is a really nice pivot, start him and forget it

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
1PPR, need a flex

Rhamondre v WAS
Jakobi Meyers v NYG
Watson v LAR
Downs @ CAR

Got Rhamondre slotted atm :barf:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Anti-Hero posted:

1PPR, need a flex

Rhamondre v WAS
Jakobi Meyers v NYG
Watson v LAR
Downs @ CAR

Whould keep him in.

With stafford not playing:
PPR
Puka @GB
Or
Gus vs Sea

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Anti-Hero posted:

1PPR, need a flex

Rhamondre v WAS
Jakobi Meyers v NYG
Watson v LAR
Downs @ CAR

I'd go Downs

Chernabog posted:

Whould keep him in.

With stafford not playing:
PPR
Puka @GB
Or
Gus vs Sea

All aboard the Gus Bus.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

dxt posted:

I'd go Downs

All aboard the Gus Bus.

Downs is the afternoon game and Q for knee. Should he not go Meyers would then be the move.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I think Jahan Dotson has good potential this week, he's still on a lot of waivers. His target share exploded last week after Curtis Samuel got hurt and he got 25 points in ppr against Philly, and Curtis Samuel is out today. Probably a reasonable flex option for a streaming week for guys posting about flexes. I'm starting him in one league we'll see - fingers crossed.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Anti-Hero posted:

Downs is the afternoon game and Q for knee. Should he not go Meyers would then be the move.

This is a good plan.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

No PPR

Pollard @ PHI
Hunt v ARI

Pick 1

I can’t believe I’m asking this

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

ElectricRelaxation posted:

Rice is definitely the #3 but only because AJ and CD are the top two. As for you, oof. Carr is the obvious choice, and then... well, poo poo. I guess I'm maybe feeling Zach a little more? It's nothing more than a gut feeling and the fact that the Chargers seem to underachieve, but great googily moogily I hate both those options.
That's a killer WR group, and Rice picked up 7 (non-ppr) which I'll take most any day. I'm extremely begrudgingly starting Zach after considering things further. On an amusing note, our 2QB league has deep rosters and despite the injuries at that position so far nobody has picked up Tune or Rypien.

Kilometers Davis posted:

No PPR

Pollard @ PHI
Hunt v ARI

Pick 1

I can’t believe I’m asking this
I'd go Hunt I think.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Follow up for PPR
Puka @GB
Or
Godwin @Hou

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

dxt posted:

This is a good plan.

I did this and Rhamondre is exploding on my bench :(

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Anti-Hero posted:

I did this and Rhamondre is exploding on my bench :(

whoops, if it makes you feel better he exploded on my bench too

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

dxt posted:

whoops, if it makes you feel better he exploded on my bench too

It still worked out for me in the end. Thank you Chargers DST.

Cross post from the main thread:

Hurts is on bye.

Howell, Carr, Heinieke?

Dobbs would have been my selection but he's not available.

edit: I've also got Logan Thomas and streaming SEA DST so I feel like that's a lot of shares in one game if I start Howell.

Pretty tempted to drop Howell and start Carr. Again, this is just to cover Hurts bye week.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Need 2 Flex dudes. 12 team league, .5 PPR redraft

Currently have the bolded starting.

Diontae Johnson v GB
Brian Robinson @ SEA
Taysom Hill @ MIN
Jerome Ford @ BAL
Nico Collins @ CIN

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Diontae and Taysom I think is your best bet, but I’m also a Taysom Stan

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

defense thoughts?

NO @MIN
PIT vGB
SEA vWAS
TB vTEN
ATL @ARI

I think Dobbs comes back to earth this week but hoofa doofa Packers are bad and Howell got sacked while typing this

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

defense thoughts?

NO @MIN
PIT vGB
SEA vWAS
TB vTEN
ATL @ARI

I think Dobbs comes back to earth this week but hoofa doofa Packers are bad and Howell got sacked while typing this

I like Seattle with Washington on the road here. I currently have Atlanta slotted in in my leagues because lol Arizona. But there is an off chance that Kyler comes back with a big game at home.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

defense thoughts?

NO @MIN
PIT vGB
SEA vWAS
TB vTEN
ATL @ARI

I'm going with SEA this week. I also have Howell starting, should I pivot to someone else?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

defense thoughts?

NO @MIN
PIT vGB
SEA vWAS
TB vTEN
ATL @ARI

I would do PIT, but SEA is slightly higher projected. ATL are frauds based on the past 2 weeks of great matchups but not capitalizing, would not recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m running with SEA defense and hoping they do better than the 1 point they got me last week.

My problem is I need to pick one of these three in my flex spot.

McLaurin @ SEA
Jakobi Meyers v Jets
Tank Dell @ CIN

Leaning Dell since Jets have a tough D and I’m running with the Seattle D, so if McLaurin goes off then I get hurt in the other end. Can Dell and Stroud keep it up?