Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

General Dog posted:

Given that the cut segment of the Cyberpunk review was supposed to be about open-world games in general, I would guess that's the angle with LA Noire, which is an ostensibly open-world game with basically none of the traditional open-world stuff.

LA Noire also had this weird marketing gimmick where it was presented as ~historic~ GTA despite being nothing by like that outside of superficial style, so there is also an interesting angle for diving into the game that was sold versus the game that was made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
no-new-video bump

Instead, I come here bearing news regarding the fan translation of Boku no Natsuyasumi 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5uvUo1g_aw

zero news regarding the fan translation of Boku no Natsuyasumi (a.k.a. Boku no Natsuyasumi 1)

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The development of LA noire was also terrible and apparently burned out a generation of aussie/nz game devs

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
Just lmao that supposed "fans" of Tim Rogers wouldn't use the downtime between seasons to learn the emperor's Nihongo. Watching a Tim Rogers video without mastery over the various Kansai dialects is equivalent to watching them with the sound off.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I ain't gonna lie, the Tokimeki Memorial video did have me thinking about learning Japanese for a bit, but I came to my senses.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
no video huh

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

watching the get bonus of dragon quest 7 and I kind of want to try a dragon quest game now

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

saw a new post and thought there ight be a video

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dijkstracula posted:

watching the get bonus of dragon quest 7 and I kind of want to try a dragon quest game now

I encourage you to do this, but if you're at all hesitant, you should probably pick one other than 7 to start with.

Gainsboro
Feb 28, 2023

Twenty Year Lurker

Dijkstracula posted:

The DQXI demo is 6-8 hours long, should give a pretty solid idea of how much you'd like the games.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can tell DQ11 is a good game, but it just doesn't do anything for me.

I loved DQB2 so much........ its so cute

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's more than 6 years old now but I just read Tim's essay “just like hamburger; exactly like hamburger” and drat that's some powerful writing

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

If you think there's a new Tim video, buddy-

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

In the last Friday stream it was hinted that it won't be soon, but also that he's working on multiple videos at once (that also won't be soon.)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
My uncle at Tim Rogers says to expect 4 videos in 2024-25

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

General Dog posted:

My uncle at Tim Rogers says to expect 4 videos in 2024-25

so 2 per year, a 200% annual increase over the current 0 per year :woop:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bird. posted:

In the last Friday stream it was hinted that it won't be soon, but also that he's working on multiple videos at once (that also won't be soon.)

Yeah it’s seemed for a while like he’s been working on the rest of season 2 simultaneously, which seems, to be honest, not great for anyone’s mental or physical health!! But we shall see, at least he has a team now

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah it’s seemed for a while like he’s been working on the rest of season 2 simultaneously, which seems, to be honest, not great for anyone’s mental or physical health!! But we shall see, at least he has a team now

Isn’t that how he did season 1? There’s stuff from the Boko video in the CP77 video…

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if we'll still be fairly close to the "1 hour of content per month" average promised all the way back in the FFVII Remake video.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Framboise posted:

I wonder if we'll still be fairly close to the "1 hour of content per month" average promised all the way back in the FFVII Remake video.

It’s around 1 hour every 37 days or so right now based on a very rough estimate I did last week

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN

inferis posted:

It’s around 1 hour every 37 days or so right now based on a very rough estimate I did last week

time spent calculating the amount of content is itself content, if you think about it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
He made a comment on the Insert Credit podcast that he's gone back and been playing a lot of old JRPGs for reasons but he quickly changed the subject from there.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

the reason is that it's fun to play old JRPGs, more fun than working yourself sick on videos. hth OP!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Shinjobi posted:

He made a comment on the Insert Credit podcast that he's gone back and been playing a lot of old JRPGs for reasons but he quickly changed the subject from there.

Tim Rogers knows it's the Year of the RPG from Japan

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
new vid?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Did this man video edit himself to death

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

New Tim Rogers Video? No, More Waiting!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Hello

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

:lol: tim full on grifting all his patreon backers is p funny

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

my sources are telling me that tim rogers made a comment on a livestream and/or podcast recently

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Tim can grift me idc

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
aw yeah dude, those three dollars i'm giving him every month really hurt the 'ol bank account-- kept me from getting an extra scoop of ice cream on my sundae the other day. very sad!

I had his twitch stream on for background noise while I was playing something else this weekend, and as an aside to him making fun of people saying he was grifting his patreons, he mentioned that the new video would be coming out "soon". God only knows what that means to him, but it's something.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm not even a patron I just listen to the podcast please god shut up

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Terper posted:

New Tim Rogers Video? No, More Waiting!

But I've BEEN waiting!

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

hello
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXi4kXPFBeI

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Given what I've watched and read of Tim I don't think he is capable of approaching anything in a mentally healthy way but this is probably less monotonous

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0f5HUzlqxs
Give me an album of this stuff, Tim!

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao at the cameraperson doing a twist and zoom to a random piece of abstract art on the wall. Priceless

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
The cameraman is Frank Cifaldi as mentioned on the Insert Credit podcast that coincided with the 10th anniversary of it being posted (I'm way behind so I just listened to that one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I've known who Frank Cifaldi is for years and I still think he's the CnC composer for a hot second every time I see his name