Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

TheCenturion posted:

RE all the talk about BL1's woes, BL2's woes, the fact that making a full vertical slice demo can often be harder than just finishing the game organically, I'll just leave this:

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=60606

There was a great one for Secret of Vulcan Fury (a lot of people felt safe to spill lots of tea after Interplay shut down) but it seems to have disappeared off the Internet.
Lots of “oh man oh god” moments in this one, great share, pro click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

TheCenturion posted:

RE all the talk about BL1's woes, BL2's woes, the fact that making a full vertical slice demo can often be harder than just finishing the game organically, I'll just leave this:

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=60606

There was a great one for Secret of Vulcan Fury (a lot of people felt safe to spill lots of tea after Interplay shut down) but it seems to have disappeared off the Internet.

I was on the official KA forums while the game was being made, public relations were a lot different back then. Those devs and staff were very engaged with the fanbase and while the full truth didn't come out until much later, it was apparent that there were many frustrating limitations and directives being imposed on them from above. They were fighting the lovely SFA engine at every step too, you could just feel the exasperation in the update posts.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

First playable clan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is1ktPTpGUA

It's Brujah, no big surprise.

But man, the marketing for this game continues to feel so bizarre to me. No narration or any kind of flavor, just a ~10 second clip of "gameplay" without context.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
It really feels like Paradox knows its got a stinker on its hands, but also knows that it's got a Big Name™ they need to 'do justice' to, so they're trying to spend the minimum $$$ the former deserves on the minimum publicity the latter deserves.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Generic American posted:

First playable clan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is1ktPTpGUA

It's Brujah, no big surprise.

But man, the marketing for this game continues to feel so bizarre to me. No narration or any kind of flavor, just a ~10 second clip of "gameplay" without context.

Even the fake gameplay looked janky. That "rush" ability looked so bad with the enemy just disappearing until the end of it. I feel bad for the developers who need to make these "pre-alpha" clips knowing they aren't ready for public consumption

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Goddamnit, Musk! Get outta here!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

small hands mcgillicutty

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Grand Fromage posted:

Hypothetically, fewer clans with a more carefully crafted, custom experience for each would be preferable to more clans. But uh.

Hypothetically I would enjoy a game in which you can't select your clan and are just given one but that was a well-crafted vampire story based on that a lot more than one trying to be everything to everyone and failing. But uh...

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Are anarchists well known for their, um, bolo ties

Looks like a cartoon Texan oil mogul that put on a leather jacket as a joke

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Phyre, you can tell they're Brujah because of the clan symbol.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Phruyahe

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

steinrokkan posted:

Are anarchists well known for their, um, bolo ties

Looks like a cartoon Texan oil mogul that put on a leather jacket as a joke

in fairness why would a recently awakened Elder know anything about fashion

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Phashion

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Saoshyant posted:

Goddamnit, Musk! Get outta here!

"Sire says it's my turn to drive the cybertrunk"

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Even the fake gameplay looked janky. That "rush" ability looked so bad with the enemy just disappearing until the end of it. I feel bad for the developers who need to make these "pre-alpha" clips knowing they aren't ready for public consumption

I believe the enemy just kinda disappears into the three separate image processing effects happening during the rush animation; it's hard to notice past the aggressive vignetting, the blur and the red filter, but there is a shape there whose texture seems to match the one the enemy had; I think it's stupid to show off the game in 10 second increments, but this is an otherwise fairly sensical take on the power fantasy of Celerity + Potence

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I can't see this image without thinking of this comic.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rap Game Goku posted:

Phyre, you can tell they're Brujah because of the clan symbol.

I'll lol if it's the only thing they change between clans.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Butch lesbians are notoriously terrible at dressing themselves. It's perfect.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Jimbot posted:

I feel bad for the developers who need to make these "pre-alpha" clips knowing they aren't ready for public consumption

It's post-alpha according to the devs (whatever that means)

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

That character reminds me of actor Ruby Rose and I can't unsee it now

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Scrotum Modem posted:

That character reminds me of actor Ruby Rose and I can't unsee it now

Unsurprising since her acting is just as wooden and lovely.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

At this point I'm just hoping for more Choice of Games Vampire games I guess.

I liked those VNs too

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

No Nosferatu? No my money.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

a7m2 posted:

It's post-alpha according to the devs (whatever that means)
It's when everything after the alpha was lost in the post.

Or when what they have is too lovely to be called a beta but they're desperate to make it sound like they're making good progress.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
This game is gonna be so bad and I’m here for it :allears:

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I liked those VNs too

The people cry out for more visual novels

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Kuiperdolin posted:

I'll lol if it's the only thing they change between clans.

nonsense.

Ventrue will be in a suit.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I liked those VNs too

The Disco Elysium clone Heartless Lullaby might end up being good too

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Up Circle posted:

The people cry out for more visual novels

I, for one, dislike visual novels and would rather have something janky but playable.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

a7m2 posted:

The Disco Elysium clone Heartless Lullaby might end up being good too

That was a tech demo which never got a publisher. It's not happening.

And it would have been a way better idea than anything Bloodlines 2.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

That was a tech demo which never got a publisher. It's not happening.

And it would have been a way better idea than anything Bloodlines 2.

They did announce a sequel. Did they just never find a publisher?

https://twitter.com/EntaltoStudios/status/1587082074242093059?lang=en

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I can't find anything about it except that trailer from a year ago and no social media posts about it since then. Scrolled back a few months in that Twitter account and they're promoting an entirely different game with zero mentions of anything VTM related so it's safe to assume it's dead.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

UnknownMercenary posted:

I can't find anything about it except that trailer from a year ago and no social media posts about it since then. Scrolled back a few months in that Twitter account and they're promoting an entirely different game with zero mentions of anything VTM related so it's safe to assume it's dead.

:rip:

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
How about a vampire story about the childer of a powerful ventrue patriarch, who, try as he might, cannot live up to the legacy of his lower generation sire. Meanwhile he's struggling to guide his own offspring who he suspects might even be thinbloods. I call it "The Ventrue Brothers"

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

UnknownMercenary posted:

Any vampire game needs to die before it can be released though, that's just thematic.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

they look like a background NPC from a early ps4 game.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I am a cishet white man who posts on this comedy forum full of IT geeks and even I recognize the dire fashion sense. What is going on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, will we be able to at least choose how Fyre looks and what gender he or she is or is that all set from the beginning?